Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 Depth Chart

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
First of all, Fetters has one of these on dawgman and it is a complete and utter abomination. Also 'OlyFan' in the thread is hoping Benning gets moved to SDE!!! So we can slide Levi off his DE spot and inside a bit. Any of these guys ever seen the Huskies play?

Anyway - here's my guess with my grade for the position.

A = top 10 position in the country, B = top 20, etc.

QB: A+
Skinny Eason, Jr.
Jake Haener, So.
Jake Sirmon, Fr. - I think he'll end up at 2 at some point.
Colson Yankoff, Fr.
Jake Heaps, Fr.

RB: B (They should move Salvon to slot and Trey Lowe to RB but they are too dumb for that, probably. I think Cam Davis will play. I don't know how injured Kamari is.)
Salvon Ahmed, Jr.
Sean McGrew, Jr.
Kamari Pleasant, Jr.
Cam Davis, TFr.
Dick Newton, Fr.

X: B
Ty Jones, Jr. - should've redshirted.
Marquis Spiker, Fr.
Jordan Chin, Jr.
Taj Davis, TFr.

Z: B
Aaron Fuller, Sr. - they should move him into the slot
Alex Cook, So. - please god let him and Terell play.
Terrell Bynum, So.
Austin Osborne, Fr.

Y: C-
Andre Baccelia, Sr. - they play old people whether they are good or not.
Chico McClatcher, Sr.
Trey Lowe, Fr.

TE: A
Hunter Bryant, So.
Cade Otton, So.
Jacob Kizer, Jr.
Jusstis Warren, Sr.
Devin Culp, Fr.

LT: A
Trey Adams, Sr.
Henry Roberts, Sr.
Matteo Mele, Fr.
Julius Buelow, TFr.

LG: B-
Luke Wattenberg, Jr.
Victor Curne, Fr.

C: B
Nick Harris, Sr.
Corey Luciano, So.
Cole Norgy, So.

RG: B
Jaxson Kirkland, So.
M.J. Ale, Fr.
Troy Fautanu, TFr.

RT: B
Jared Hilbers, Sr.
Henry Bainivalu, So.
Nate Kalepo, TFr.

2-Gap DT: C
Tuli Letuligasenoa, Fr.
Taki Taimani, Fr.
Jacob Bandes, TFr.
Faatui Tuitele, TFr.
Evangelist Pa'ama, TFr.

1-Gap DT: B
Levi Onwuzurike, Jr.
Josiah Bronson, Sr.
Mosiah Liu, Fr.
Draco Bynum, Fr. - I hope they move him to TE
Noa Ngalu, TFr.

BUCK: B
Benning Potoa'e, Sr.
Ryan Bowman, Jr.
Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Fr.
Bralen Trice, TFr.

SAM: B
Joe Tryon, So.
Ariel Ngata, So.
Myles Rice, Jr.

MIK: C
D.J. Beavers, Sr. - he's always injured, so: hard to tell.
Jack Sirmon, Fr.
Josh Calvert, TFr.
Alphonzo Tuputala, TFr.

WIL: C+
Brandon Wellington, Sr. - good thing we didn't redshirt him.
Kyler Manu, Sr. - Great job recruiting Bob!
M.J. Tafisi, Fr.
Miki Ah You, TFr. - he may grayshirt

CB: B (no depth)
Keith Taylor, Jr. - good thing we didn't redshirt him.
Dominique Hampton, Fr.

CB: B (no depth; could Jordan Miller come back? It would be awesome if he could)
Elijah Molden, Jr. - good thing we didn't redshirt him.
Kamren Fabiculanan, TFr.

Slot CB: B-
Myles Bryant, Sr. - midgets reign!
Kyler Gordon, Fr.

FS: B
Julius Irvin, Fr.
Isaiah Gilchrist, Jr.
Cameron Williams, TFr.

SS: B
Brandon McKinney, Jr.
Asa Turner, TFr.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

What's going on Kamari? First I've heard he might be injured.

Also, it's great to see all that junior & senior depth at DT!

Fuck you, how dare you take shots at Ikaika? Yes he fucked, but he making up for his sins
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Looks like 7-5?

Glad that at least we’re winning thru the rebuild after Sark.

Sure hope recruiting starts to catch a gear while Peterman gets his own guys in here. Can’t wait until we’re competing for Championships, again.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    I'm expecting atleast 1 more DB to stay next year. Also strong suspicion Shane Bowman will be getting another year.

Based on number of snaps so far this year Bynum seems to be a few steps ahead of Cook.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like 7-5?

Glad that at least we’re winning thru the rebuild after Sark.

Sure hope recruiting starts to catch a gear while Peterman gets his own guys in here. Can’t wait until we’re competing for Championships, again.

If we play that team and some of the younger players start to emerge I think we will be 11-1.
    Beavers and Wellington that bad or options behind them that bad? Shouldn’t someone be held accountable for this.... 🤣
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

1. Collapse the pocket without allowing the QB to escape
    2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Our entire defense is predicated on 1-2
    . 3 and 4 would be great, but they are above and beyond what's fundamental.

Right now Benning goes in the category of: solid, unspectacular.

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I suspect Tryon will be a beast next year.
    I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Elite croots typically run the show on the field in high school.

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

Takes a mature, slow strategy kid to appreciate that right away.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

It's sales. Close or fuck off.
    True, but to a FS kid there's no fucking way Gregory is selling a Volvo Wagon over a Maserati. No one is without lying their ass off, which Pete would never allow.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

animate said:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

True, but to a FS kid there's no fucking way Gregory is selling a Volvo Wagon over a Maserati. No one is without lying their ass off, which Pete would never allow.
    It's sales. It. Is. Sales. It's sales.

Close or fuck off.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Sales is always important. I agree with that.

Problem is in the details!

Petersen is selling quality vanilla ice cream. Croots want fucking rocky road with sprinkles and shit.

Petersen is selling honda accords but croots want an Acura nsx.

Petersen is selling Rei but croots want fucking the north face or arcteryx.

That's why Petersen appeals more to slow strategy kids who's culture can appreciate what Petersen is selling.

fast strategy kids are like "why the fuck would i drive an accord?"

You have to salespeople of the year +10 just to even the playing field and currently we're levelling up due to general Petersen success but we're not all there yet.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

animate said:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

dude oregon state closed on edge player better than some of our prospects