Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This ones going to be hard for some of you to answer

Comments

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

Very predictable and the main reason I don’t post here very much.

And I was about to give a serious answer but then this........

If you lurked around a bit you'd know there have been hundreds of posts on the failures against Bama and PSU and concern about recruiting being good enough to win those games going forward. Would we care if it happens again? Hell yes

Should he be fired? Let's not be stupid here
    Luckily it coincided with the worst Oregon teams in almost a generation.
    funny how that works

or that you think you need to preach that to UW fans of all programs
    Oh please, you were bad for like 18 years. Oregon’s was in the championship game like 3 yeas ago.

So far only race bannon has even tried to answer the question. Again, not surprised.
    you feasted on UW during a time the UW's own AD actively tried to kill it. and it hired gilbinghamsark. don't give me any whiny shit about UO getting assrailed while down. that was what happened for 95% of the streak. you and yours didn't buy it from UW and we certainly aren't buying it from you
    Enjoy your drinks. Tell Shane and Tommy we said hello. Coach Pete stsys. Im sure USC or TOSU would be happy to shell out the big bucks for a coach that wasnt good enough for Washington were we? yhat stupid.
    Think your keyboard is broken or something pal. No idea what you’re saying.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

If you lurked around a bit you'd know there have been hundreds of posts on the failures against Bama and PSU and concern about recruiting being good enough to win those games going forward. Would we care if it happens again? Hell yes

funny how that works

Oh please, you were bad for like 18 years. Oregon’s was in the championship game like 3 yeas ago.

So far only race bannon has even tried to answer the question. Again, not surprised.
    you feasted on UW during a time the UW's own AD actively tried to kill it. and it hired gilbinghamsark. don't give me any whiny shit about UO getting assrailed while down. that was what happened for 95% of the streak. you and yours didn't buy it from UW and we certainly aren't buying it from you
    Enjoy your drinks. Tell Shane and Tommy we said hello. Coach Pete stsys. Im sure USC or TOSU would be happy to shell out the big bucks for a coach that wasnt good enough for Washington were we? yhat stupid.
    Answer the question!!!!

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Answer the question!!!!
    As noted, I would if I could decipher it. Honestly, no idea what you’re saying or asking.
    Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Answer the question!!!!
    As noted, I would if I could decipher it. Honestly, no idea what you’re saying or asking.
    Good! Now you know how we feel about your op.

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Answer the question!!!!
    You don’t understand what I’m asking?

You’ve been so bad for so long I’m sure right now it feels great. But when do you expect a larger payoff from this program other than the Heart of Dallas bowl?

Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Answer the question!!!!

You’ve been so bad for so long I’m sure right now it feels great. But when do you expect a larger payoff from this program other than the Heart of Dallas bowl?

Really sounded like you were asking if Pete should get fired if we dont win a big bowl game. "When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? To which i clearly answered in my first reply. Somehow you couldnt comprehend. Initially i just figured it was your schtick that you couldnt really be that dumb. However your following replies have cleared that up for me. TYFYS

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Answer the question!!!!

Really sounded like you were asking if Pete should get fired if we dont win a big bowl game. "When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? To which i clearly answered in my first reply. Somehow you couldnt comprehend. Initially i just figured it was your schtick that you couldnt really be that dumb. However your following replies have cleared that up for me. TYFYS
    If it’s a no then it seems like you expect more from other programs than you do your own.

When do you start wondering if this is the path you want to go down? Year 7? 8?

I know you beat Southern Alabama a few years ago in a game, but man.

After all the years I’ve spent on here seeing what you all expect from everyone else I assumed you had higher standards for yourselves.

Maybe that was all just posturing or jealousy. I don’t know.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You really shouldnt keep Shane and Tommy waiting while you engage in an E battle for the evening.Run along im sure the Pina Coladas are getting warm.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,388
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Why wait to have this discussion until the bowl game? How about after Sept 1?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

Unless you win the final playoff game it’s a down year.

Despite the talent and experience, our? QB and sub playoff level talent sprinkled in amongst the starters, suggests us? winning the big one ain’t going to happen.

If we? win the conference, make the playoffs, and dump the opening round, Pete’s not going anywhere and I’ll reluctantly sign for another year.

Question for you Is a Heisman winner and a one time semi final victory satisfying enough to stomach two subsequent years of sodomy from your long time bitch?
    Baseman said:

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

Despite the talent and experience, our? QB and sub playoff level talent sprinkled in amongst the starters, suggests us? winning the big one ain’t going to happen.

If we? win the conference, make the playoffs, and dump the opening round, Pete’s not going anywhere and I’ll reluctantly sign for another year.

Question for you Is a Heisman winner and a one time semi final victory satisfying enough to stomach two subsequent years of sodomy from your long time bitch?
    That sounds a lot like beat Oregon nothing else matters.

Listen, up until like 8 years ago, the Oregon Ducks football team hadn’t won a Rose Bowl in 100 years. I saw them win two with mine own eyes right in front of me, skipped a fiesta bowl because it wasn’t a big deal and watched them play in two college football finals, one of which I attended.

This is the Oregon Ducks I’m talking about.

If you think losing to Washington a couple times in 20 years has me all wound up, you are severely mistaken.

I’m pretty good for a bit right now.

You?

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited August 2018

Baseman said:

That sounds a lot like beat Oregon nothing else matters.

Listen, up until like 8 years ago, the Oregon Ducks football team hadn’t won a Rose Bowl in 100 years. I saw them win two with mine own eyes right in front of me, skipped a fiesta bowl because it wasn’t a big deal and watched them play in two college football finals, one of which I attended.

This is the Oregon Ducks I’m talking about.

If you think losing to Washington a couple times in 20 years has me all wound up, you are severely mistaken.

I’m pretty good for a bit right now.

You?

It was a yes or no answer but thanks for the explanation.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Petersen will get the rich brooks patented 17 years to lose a rosebowl promise from the fanbase
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

As suspected.

You're trolling and even pressing. But there is a hint of validity to what you're saying about Pete and UW standards.
    How exactly should I ask the question? God this place is weird.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

You are in mid-season form. Been working out?

#threadviewsbitch

#isaidimnotemotional!
    edited August 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

i'm no fan of Emotional-Mike Seaver. but he just kind of handed you your ass on this poont. It's like you didn't get it.

As suspected.

This is the Ducks FANS forum. Why would I go to any of he other ones? It’s exactly why I asked why we had this new forum as it’s so narrow in scope. Again I trust the moderators have a plan so I’m fine with that. For now. Personal opinion I like one big forum with all topics. Who wants to go clicking around looking for the perfect sub forum to post their thoughts?

Back to the topic, seems like you wouldn’t want him around just winning Northern titles. Wouldn’t have been good enough for the Washington I grew up watching.

It may be now, though. Certainly seems like it. Luckily it coincided with the worst Oregon teams in almost a generation. Because otherwise I think you’d be singing a different tune.
    He's going into his 5th year. No, winning the north isn't enough. And the whole down Oregon thing is meaningless.

He is what his record is. Losing to Stanford last year was his worse loss. The UW I grew up watching didn't win every game or win the league every year. Go through the shit pile of coaches that we have and we'll appreciate Pete until we don't

That's a serious answer
    Good post. Great poster.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the long run with his guy though. How long should it take to get a program up and running to be dominate?

6 years? 7?
    well, that depends on which program you're talking about.

resurrecting Washington is not like resurrecting Alabama. it's harder because it's not quite the national name and its recruiting base, while arguably underrated, is far from enviable. slightly easier than resurrecting Oregon; a few clicks harder than resurrecting LSU.

Miami has not been a serious contender in 15 years, and that recruiting base is as good as it gets, and it has all manner of national name recognition and a great trophy room. And still. It's hard.

I really can't see how anyone, no matter how much you might wish it, can with a straight face argue that Pete isn't a really really good, and arguably great, coach. But he does have some blind spots with OKG, which could hold him back. I'll grant you that.

Making Washington into a world-beater is not as automatic as you make it out to be.

BaldwinIV said:

BaldwinIV said:

As suspected.

funny how that works

Guess we should have lost on purpose a few times to make it legit. Great take.

Still won’t answer the question.

By the way I’m leaving in a bit to meet friends for drinks so I won’t be in here all night. Can one of you at least answer the fucking question and not make it about Oregon... for once? Unless that’s your aspiration which is accepatable if that’s the level you’re happy with.

Awesome!
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018
    It's just a matter of time until UW and Petersen start winning big bowl games. As every new Freshman class is added to the roster the talent level and quality depth Pete has to work with gets better and better. Soon there won't be a team in the nation with an obvious talent advantage over UW and that's when I expect UW to start winning their bowl games against top-10 or top-5 teams.

However, it's strange to me that a quook would even bring up this topic. You talk about winning big bowl games as if that's something Oregon is doing right now. Oregon lost their bowl game in embarrassing fashion to Boise State. The Chip Kelly/Mariota era might as well be 20 years ago because that's how far away Oregon is from being able to beat a team like Alabama or Penn State. Now who's living in the past?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited August 2018

It's just a matter of time until UW and Petersen start winning big bowl games. As every new Freshman class is added to the roster the talent level and quality depth Pete has to work with gets better and better. Soon there won't be a team in the nation with an obvious talent advantage over UW and that's when I expect UW to start winning their bowl games against top-10 or top-5 teams.

However, it's strange to me that a quook would even bring up this topic. You talk about winning big bowl games as if that's something Oregon is doing right now. Oregon lost their bowl game in embarrassing fashion to Boise State. The Chip Kelly/Mariota era might as well be 20 years ago because that's how far away Oregon is from being able to beat a team like Alabama or Penn State. Now who's living in the past?

Wrong

USC will always have a massive talent advantage in the pac alone