Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This ones going to be hard for some of you to answer

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SECDAWG said:

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

Yep Mikey, seems pressing.

I’ll say this, maybe Worshington was exceptional many many years ago but up to when Pete got there I, along with many, really hadn’t heard chit about the Huskies.

Then CFP against Bama, 10 win seasons and ceiling is the limit this year ranked in top 10 to start the season.

I think the huskies have a lot to be excited about and Pete is driving this train. And obviously a NC is the ultimate goal in any program and it seems like Coach Pete is Striving for that goal.

Now, can they ever win it all? Or the Ducks for that matter?? Well they may never have the players that is from say the south to get the over that hump to win it all. But right now they are in the conversation!
    Have you been listening to that conversation? Has there been a single pundit who thinks Washington is a legit title contender? They’re in the conversation because the Pac is (I guess) a major conf and they are a top 3 in that conference and a slight favorite. The look on their faces reads hostage video.

Very impressive in year 5.

Also, people are sleeping the fuck on Chimp Belly. Shockingly so. Dangerously so.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

People forget that UW made the 2016 CFP with O’Brien and Psalm as the edge rushers.

Made a 2017 NY6 bowl without it’s top 2 corners of a rebuilt secondary.

The idea that UW will drop off while keeping the same staff and system and leveling up in recruiting is quooking at its finest.

This auburn game is bigger than wherever we end up at the end of the year because if UW loses the program looks like it has a ceiling with no big OOC win in Petersen era. The narrative will be that UW/pac is tier 2 for the foreseeable future.

Kinda what I was saying..UW in the conversation and the ceiling is high...look, don’t nare no one here drop yer head if lose first gayme against Burn..I know that may be the census but let’s think....

Burn could be the SEC champs...and that’s a no shitter...

Or...they could get hurt and lose 2 Gaymes in the season and not make it where UW runs rest it their schedule undefeated(granted they wouldn’t be able to lose again)...but I see “TSIO” if lose...negative. Run table and many things can happen. Got a good team and playing a power house no fukn doubt first gayme but hell man, ain’t that what ya want???

Fk I do...

Anyway, hope for best but don’t lose hope..win or fucking lose...TSAO

Thank you for being here and shitposting, but fuck off with a quality loss to the SEC shit.

Losing to SEC tier 2 is not acceptable for a pac-12 champ and definitely not acceptable to a program that’s yet to get a quality OOC win
    Understand completely.

But see a lot of TSIO if that first gayme is an L for youse guys. It’s not. There may be payback later on. See how it plays out for those who may think so, if it even is an L.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If we lay a turd and then run the table Paul Finebaum will be spewing SEC ejaculate on every sound bite he can infect.

That’s likely worse case scenario, I’d honestly rather have another 2017 than 12-1 and miss the playoffs because the pac-12 is so weak.

So TSIO if we start 0-1, are you knew hear?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This thread is dumb
  • Options

If we lay a turd and then run the table Paul Finebaum will be spewing SEC ejaculate on every sound bite he can infect.

That’s likely worse case scenario, I’d honestly rather have another 2017 than 12-1 and miss the playoffs because the pac-12 is so weak.

On the contrary, I’m well versed in HCH think.

That’s the whole point of the thread. When will you be championship ready? If not now when? How long will you let this go on?

Are you WASHINGTON or Okalahoma State?

• Options
    ntxduck said:

This thread is dumb

You’ll be back.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2018

That’s the whole point of the thread. When will you be championship ready? If not now when? How long will you let this go on?

I’m more of a Pete fan than 99% of huskies. That being said, they’ll never be championship ready until he gets his head bashed in by Bama/uga/Clemson a couple more times and realizes he needs to change his recruiting strategy.

Okgs are good enough to win the pac (because the conference sucks). They’re not good enough to compete with the top 2-3 teams in the country.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

I’m more of a Pete fan than 99% of huskies. That being said, they’ll never be championship ready until he gets his head bashed in ny Bama/uga a couple more times and realizes he needs to change his recruiting strategy.
    Agree with you here. Just not sure how much longer that’s going to take and/or if he can even pull that off.

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This bored is going to make it easier to bump the hot Doog and Quook takes.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    ntxduck said:

I’m more of a Pete fan than 99% of huskies. That being said, they’ll never be championship ready until he gets his head bashed in by Bama/uga/Clemson a couple more times and realizes he needs to change his recruiting strategy.

Okgs are good enough to win the pac (because the conference sucks). They’re not good enough to compete with the top 2-3 teams in the country.
    Edit: Meant to quote Mike and fucked it up, not going to bother to fix it.

I have no doubt that this boared will be full of hot takes if Petermen goes another season with 10 wins that ends on a flat note. The reality though is that the rest of the fanbase and uppercampus won't get rid of him unless the wheels really come off. So what are you really asking? What HH's collective expectations are or should be? What our? responses to different scenarios should be? Gnashing of teeth, excuse making, calling for heads, etc.? There are plenty of threds where it's been discussed. The general consensus seems to be at the very least winning a NY6 bowel to pacify real questions about the programs direction.

The general consensus is also that we are a tier 2 program that can challenge for a NT given a good to great coach and a good to great QB. We currently lack the latter and barring some extremely lucky breaks won't be getting that done this year. Looking at QB depth though 2019 and beyond could be special. We did however luck into a coach that is good to great that considers UW his final destination job which can happen given our advantages and quite honestly, the lowered scrutiny & demand from uppercampus and the local media so long as the program is "clean" and "doing it right".

All that said, fuck off and drink bleach.
  • Options

This bored is going to make it easier to bump the hot Doog and Quook takes.

Why don’t you just take a bunch of screen shots?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SECDAWG said:

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

I’ll say this, maybe Worshington was exceptional many many years ago but up to when Pete got there I, along with many, really hadn’t heard chit about the Huskies.

Then CFP against Bama, 10 win seasons and ceiling is the limit this year ranked in top 10 to start the season.

I think the huskies have a lot to be excited about and Pete is driving this train. And obviously a NC is the ultimate goal in any program and it seems like Coach Pete is Striving for that goal.

Now, can they ever win it all? Or the Ducks for that matter?? Well they may never have the players that is from say the south to get the over that hump to win it all. But right now they are in the conversation!
    Have you been listening to that conversation? Has there been a single pundit who thinks Washington is a legit title contender? They’re in the conversation because the Pac is (I guess) a major conf and they are a top 3 in that conference and a slight favorite. The look on their faces reads hostage video.

Very impressive in year 5.

Also, people are sleeping the fuck on Chimp Belly. Shockingly so. Dangerously so.
    UW is an overwhelming favorite in the Pac

hth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Pete's already shown a learning curve. It's slower than a lot of us like but it exists. I'm hoping Jimmy Lake and the increasing NFL pipeline can help bridge the gap to get the higher talent levels to buy into the OKG stuff. There are already lots of examples of Sark kids doing so and becoming stars so it's possible. Alabama 2016 already made Pete change several of his strategies. One of which that is already paying dividends is investing in a poly pipeline
  • Options

ntxduck said:

I have no doubt that this boared will be full of hot takes if Petermen goes another season with 10 wins that ends on a flat note. The reality though is that the rest of the fanbase and uppercampus won't get rid of him unless the wheels really come off. So what are you really asking? What HH's collective expectations are or should be? What our? responses to different scenarios should be? Gnashing of teeth, excuse making, calling for heads, etc.? There are plenty of threds where it's been discussed. The general consensus seems to be at the very least winning a NY6 bowel to pacify real questions about the programs direction.

The general consensus is also that we are a tier 2 program that can challenge for a NT given a good to great coach and a good to great QB. We currently lack the latter and barring some extremely lucky breaks won't be getting that done this year. Looking at QB depth though 2019 and beyond could be special. We did however luck into a coach that is good to great that considers UW his final destination job which can happen given our advantages and quite honestly, the lowered scrutiny & demand from uppercampus and the local media so long as the program is "clean" and "doing it right".

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Seems to be difficult to get around here bar a few of you. I do appreciate the self deprecating “insert year will be special.” That does seem to be the underling thought from most of you even if you don’t come right out and say it.

Lots of “in the future” comments or “some day we will get there”

One note I’ll take exception to is the idea that Pederson is a great coach. Do great coaches lose their bowl games every year? Lose to ASU, every year?

• Options
    My standards for a UW HC are the same as ever:

Win the conference at least every three years (check)

Compete for the conference at least 80% of the time (he missed on this one because it took two years to get the Sark out of the system, he gets a pass for that, if he goes multiple years without competing again he won't get that same pass).

Compete or the NC at least every five years (check).

Win an NC every at least every fifteen (tick, tick, tick).

That's the Don James formula. Pete is on pace in almost every category, a little ahead in some a little behind in others.

This win a major bowel game every x years has never been the standard for me and certainly isn't anymore since the introduction of the playoff.

It's a different world now. Win the conference. Compete for the NC. Those are the standards.

Anyone who would be ready to run Pete off at this point is an idiot.

And yes I realize I just responded to a troll thread. If it were a serious thread you'd list winning the conference as Pete's biggest accomplishment, not winning some bowel gayme NOC about. But here's your serious reply anyway.

Enjoy Cristoballz.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Compete for the conference at least 80% of the time (he missed on this one because it took two years to get the Sark out of the system, he gets a pass for that, if he goes multiple years without competing again he won't get that same pass).

That's the Don James formula. Pete is on pace in almost every category, a little ahead in some a little behind in others.

This win a major bowel game every x years has never been the standard for me and certainly isn't anymore since the introduction of the playoff.

It's a different world now. Win the conference. Compete for the NC. Those are the standards.

And yes I realize I just responded to a troll thread. If it were a serious thread you'd list winning the conference as Pete's biggest accomplishment, not winning some bowel gayme NOC about. But here's your serious reply anyway.

Enjoy Cristoballz.

What do you mean by “it’s a different world now”

How so?

• Options

dnc said:

Enjoy Cristoballz.

What do you mean by “it’s a different world now”

How so?

The Rose Bowel doesn't mean what it used to. I wouldn't have traded places in 2016 with USC for anything. Anyone who would have is a major doog.

WARBTPO is a bored meme, it's not for serious anymore.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Seems to be difficult to get around here bar a few of you. I do appreciate the self deprecating “insert year will be special.” That does seem to be the underling thought from most of you even if you don’t come right out and say it.

One note I’ll take exception to is the idea that Pederson is a great coach. Do great coaches lose their bowl games every year? Lose to ASU, every year?

Already quoted me as saying Petermen is "Good to great". DNC gave plenty of reasons for at the very least "good". He hasn't earned "great" at UW yet. All indications are that he's on track to do so though.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018
    SECDAWG said:

Have you been listening to that conversation? Has there been a single pundit who thinks Washington is a legit title contender? They’re in the conversation because the Pac is (I guess) a major conf and they are a top 3 in that conference and a >

Agreed. Ceiling is the limit. Go dawgs.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Already quoted me as saying Petermen is "Good to great". DNC gave plenty of reasons for at the very least "good". He hasn't earned "great" at UW yet. All indications are that he's on track to do so though.
    Loses all his bowl games, not any impressive OOC wins and loses to ASU every year, most would say unexpectedly.

Sounds like Mike Bellotti, a little bit. Ha ha.