Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This ones going to be hard for some of you to answer

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It's just a matter of time until UW and Petersen start winning big bowl games. As every new Freshman class is added to the roster the talent level and quality depth Pete has to work with gets better and better. Soon there won't be a team in the nation with an obvious talent advantage over UW and that's when I expect UW to start winning their bowl games against top-10 or top-5 teams.

However, it's strange to me that a quook would even bring up this topic. You talk about winning big bowl games as if that's something Oregon is doing right now. Oregon lost their bowl game in embarrassing fashion to Boise State. The Chip Kelly/Mariota era might as well be 20 years ago because that's how far away Oregon is from being able to beat a team like Alabama or Penn State. Now who's living in the past?

Wrong

USC will always have a massive talent advantage in the pac alone
    But they really respect us?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    UW isn't a premier job, it's just not. No matter how much Doogs want to spin it they are a second tier job regardless of how much someone won ages ago. Peterman is a simpleton and won't ever leave, which is usually the fear of every program that isn't in that premier category when they start to do well.

The Doogs will lose to Auburn, split with Oregon & Stanford, lose another one along the way, beat Wazzu, and lose the bowl game.

To every Doog under 40 that is a terrific season and they will do whatever the equivalent to Barking for Sark is for Peterman. His job will be safe forever.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018

As suspected.

Very predictable and the main reason I don’t post here very much.

And I was about to give a serious answer but then this........

If you lurked around a bit you'd know there have been hundreds of posts on the failures against Bama and PSU and concern about recruiting being good enough to win those games going forward. Would we care if it happens again? Hell yes

Should he be fired? Let's not be stupid here
    This is the Ducks FANS forum. Why would I go to any of he other ones? It’s exactly why I asked why we had this new forum as it’s so narrow in scope. Again I trust the moderators have a plan so I’m fine with that. For now. Personal opinion I like one big forum with all topics. Who wants to go clicking around looking for the perfect sub forum to post their thoughts?

Back to the topic, seems like you wouldn’t want him around just winning Northern titles. Wouldn’t have been good enough for the Washington I grew up watching.

It may be now, though. Certainly seems like it. Luckily it coincided with the worst Oregon teams in almost a generation. Because otherwise I think you’d be singing a different tune.
    He's going into his 5th year. No, winning the north isn't enough. And the whole down Oregon thing is meaningless.

He is what his record is. Losing to Stanford last year was his worse loss. The UW I grew up watching didn't win every game or win the league every year. Go through the shit pile of coaches that we have and we'll appreciate Pete until we don't

That's a serious answer
    was football even played when you grew up?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

As suspected.

If you lurked around a bit you'd know there have been hundreds of posts on the failures against Bama and PSU and concern about recruiting being good enough to win those games going forward. Would we care if it happens again? Hell yes

This is the Ducks FANS forum. Why would I go to any of he other ones? It’s exactly why I asked why we had this new forum as it’s so narrow in scope. Again I trust the moderators have a plan so I’m fine with that. For now. Personal opinion I like one big forum with all topics. Who wants to go clicking around looking for the perfect sub forum to post their thoughts?

Back to the topic, seems like you wouldn’t want him around just winning Northern titles. Wouldn’t have been good enough for the Washington I grew up watching.

It may be now, though. Certainly seems like it. Luckily it coincided with the worst Oregon teams in almost a generation. Because otherwise I think you’d be singing a different tune.
    He's going into his 5th year. No, winning the north isn't enough. And the whole down Oregon thing is meaningless.

He is what his record is. Losing to Stanford last year was his worse loss. The UW I grew up watching didn't win every game or win the league every year. Go through the shit pile of coaches that we have and we'll appreciate Pete until we don't

That's a serious answer
    Good post. Great poster.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the long run with his guy though. How long should it take to get a program up and running to be dominate?

6 years? 7?
    it is all bout the direction of the program. right now he seems to be stering it towards right direction. recruiting is getting better, overall roster is improving.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

Yep Mikey, seems pressing.

I’ll say this, maybe Worshington was exceptional many many years ago but up to when Pete got there I, along with many, really hadn’t heard chit about the Huskies.

Then CFP against Bama, 10 win seasons and ceiling is the limit this year ranked in top 10 to start the season.

I think the huskies have a lot to be excited about and Pete is driving this train. And obviously a NC is the ultimate goal in any program and it seems like Coach Pete is Striving for that goal.

Now, can they ever win it all? Or the Ducks for that matter?? Well they may never have the players that is from say the south to get the over that hump to win it all. But right now they are in the conversation!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SECDAWG said:

And I’m already expecting vitriol and insults as per the usual around here so you can do that or stick to the subject. Either way is fine with me.

When Pete loses your bowl game again this year, should he be fired? Or, is this a new Washington where just getting there is good enough?

We’d be talking about 5 years with only a heart of Dallas Bowl Trophy, under his belt.

I’ll say this, maybe Worshington was exceptional many many years ago but up to when Pete got there I, along with many, really hadn’t heard chit about the Huskies.

Then CFP against Bama, 10 win seasons and ceiling is the limit this year ranked in top 10 to start the season.

I think the huskies have a lot to be excited about and Pete is driving this train. And obviously a NC is the ultimate goal in any program and it seems like Coach Pete is Striving for that goal.

Now, can they ever win it all? Or the Ducks for that matter?? Well they may never have the players that is from say the south to get the over that hump to win it all. But right now they are in the conversation!
    @SECDAWG what are you hearing? Are the kids in the South buzzing about the Dawgs from the NW? Any surprises, good ones! ROTFLMAO!, come signing day?!?!?
  • Options
    Baseman said:

SECDAWG said:

@SECDAWG what are you hearing? Are the kids in the South buzzing about the Dawgs from the NW? Any surprises, good ones! ROTFLMAO!, come signing day?!?!?
    Folks in the south keep up with college football is an understatement. No blindsides so yeah, Worshingtin is on the radar past few years. ;)

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

As suspected.

That's a serious answer
    was football even played when you grew up?
    Wel played
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    SECDAWG said:

Baseman said:

SECDAWG said:

Folks in the south keep up with college football is an understatement. No blindsides so yeah, Worshingtin is on the radar past few years. ;)

Awesome news! Thanks!

Hope your team does well this year. Except when they play the Dawgs!!!
  • Options
    Baseman said:

SECDAWG said:

Baseman said:

SECDAWG said:

Awesome news! Thanks!

Hope your team does well this year. Except when they play the Dawgs!!!
    Thanks but they are the Dawgs. ;). But hear ya.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018
    Mosster47 said:

UW isn't a premier job, it's just not. No matter how much Doogs want to spin it they are a second tier job regardless of how much someone won ages ago. Peterman is a simpleton and won't ever leave, which is usually the fear of every program that isn't in that premier category when they start to do well.

The Doogs will lose to Auburn, split with Oregon & Stanford, lose another one along the way, beat Wazzu, and lose the bowl game.

To every Doog under 40 that is a terrific season and they will do whatever the equivalent to Barking for Sark is for Peterman. His job will be safe forever.

It's an elite job that has attracted an elite head coach. So far Petersen has turned down Texas and Tennessee and Florida to stay at UW and those are just the ones we know of. He's likely also turned down Florida State and Texas A&M. Basically everytime a big job opens up Petersen gets a phone call and yet he's staying at UW. Seattle is an extremely attractive city to live in compared to so many shit college towns in the middle of bum fuck nowhere like Eugene. The University of Washington is an elite academic institution that attracts the high academic kids but the academic standards for athletes aren't too high to hinder recruiting. The surrounding scenery of the campus and Lake Washington and Seattle makes Washington an attractive place to be. The state of Washington has sneaky good talent and when UW is winning they're easily one of the top two choices in the Pac-12 for most recruits out West. Husky Stadium is easily the best stadium in the conference. The University has invested in all the football facilities and the players have and get everything they need to be successful. The athletic department has proven they're willing to pay to keep good coaches around. It has already been proven that you can build an elite team at Washington and win a national title and overall UW has the second best football tradition in the conference. Your constant fantasizing about UW not getting any better from this point on is both amusing and sad. You need to get a life. You're obsessed with UW and trying to convince yourself they've somehow reached their ceiling as a program with Jake Browning at QB. Denial is the hardest phase to get past but you'll get to acceptance eventually.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    People forget that UW made the 2016 CFP with O’Brien and Psalm as the edge rushers.

Made a 2017 NY6 bowl without it’s top 2 corners of a rebuilt secondary.

The idea that UW will drop off while keeping the same staff and system and leveling up in recruiting is quooking at its finest.

This auburn game is bigger than wherever we end up at the end of the year because if UW loses the program looks like it has a ceiling with no big OOC win in Petersen era. The narrative will be that UW/pac is tier 2 for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

People forget that UW made the 2016 CFP with O’Brien and Psalm as the edge rushers.

The idea that UW will drop off while keeping the same staff and system and leveling up in recruiting is quooking at its finest.

This auburn game is bigger than wherever we end up at the end of the year because if UW loses the program looks like it has a ceiling with no big OOC win in Petersen era. The narrative will be that UW/pac is tier 2 for the foreseeable future.

Kinda what I was saying..UW in the conversation and the ceiling is high...look, don’t nare no one here drop yer head if lose first gayme against Burn..I know that may be the census but let’s think....

Burn could be the SEC champs...and that’s a no shitter...

Or...they could get hurt and lose 2 Gaymes in the season and not make it where UW runs rest it their schedule undefeated(granted they wouldn’t be able to lose again)...but I see “TSIO” if lose...negative. Run table and many things can happen. Got a good team and playing a power house no fukn doubt first gayme but hell man, ain’t that what ya want???

Fk I do...

Anyway, hope for best but don’t lose hope..win or fucking lose...TSAO

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Mosster47 said:

It's an elite job that has attracted an elite head coach. So far Petersen has turned down Texas and Tennessee and Florida to stay at UW and those are just the ones we know of. He's likely also turned down Florida State and Texas A&M. Basically everytime a big job opens up Petersen gets a phone call and yet he's staying at UW. Seattle is an extremely attractive city to live in compared to so many shit college towns in the middle of bum fuck nowhere like Eugene. The University of Washington is an elite academic institution that attracts the high academic kids but the academic standards for athletes aren't too high to hinder recruiting. The surrounding scenery of the campus and Lake Washington and Seattle makes Washington an attractive place to be. The state of Washington has sneaky good talent and when UW is winning they're easily one of the top two choices in the Pac-12 for most recruits out West. Husky Stadium is easily the best stadium in the conference. The University has invested in all the football facilities and the players have and get everything they need to be successful. The athletic department has proven they're willing to pay to keep good coaches around. It has already been proven that you can build an elite team at Washington and win a national title and overall UW has the second best football tradition in the conference. Your constant fantasizing about UW not getting any better from this point on is both amusing and sad. You need to get a life. You're obsessed with UW and trying to convince yourself they've somehow reached their ceiling as a program with Jake Browning at QB. Denial is the hardest phase to get past but you'll get to acceptance eventually.
    Bellotti turned down USC and Ohio State POTW
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    Mosster47 said:

It is a good season

It's the type of seasons you want to have consistently and then when the stars align or you have a great senior qb (not Browning) then you can go farther.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Unless you win the final playoff game it’s a down year.

Despite the talent and experience, our? QB and sub playoff level talent sprinkled in amongst the starters, suggests us? winning the big one ain’t going to happen.

If we? win the conference, make the playoffs, and dump the opening round, Pete’s not going anywhere and I’ll reluctantly sign for another year.

Question for you Is a Heisman winner and a one time semi final victory satisfying enough to stomach two subsequent years of sodomy from your long time bitch?
    That sounds a lot like beat Oregon nothing else matters.

Listen, up until like 8 years ago, the Oregon Ducks football team hadn’t won a Rose Bowl in 100 years. I saw them win two with mine own eyes right in front of me, skipped a fiesta bowl because it wasn’t a big deal and watched them play in two college football finals, one of which I attended.

This is the Oregon Ducks I’m talking about.

If you think losing to Washington a couple times in 20 years has me all wound up, you are severely mistaken.

I’m pretty good for a bit right now.

You?

It was a yes or no answer but thanks for the explanation.
    Then you should have used the pole feature.

• Options

It's just a matter of time until UW and Petersen start winning big bowl games. As every new Freshman class is added to the roster the talent level and quality depth Pete has to work with gets better and better. Soon there won't be a team in the nation with an obvious talent advantage over UW and that's when I expect UW to start winning their bowl games against top-10 or top-5 teams.

However, it's strange to me that a quook would even bring up this topic. You talk about winning big bowl games as if that's something Oregon is doing right now. Oregon lost their bowl game in embarrassing fashion to Boise State. The Chip Kelly/Mariota era might as well be 20 years ago because that's how far away Oregon is from being able to beat a team like Alabama or Penn State. Now who's living in the past?

Taking shots at Oregon isn’t going to change the fact that this will be year 5 without a major bowl win for UW under Peterson. Been told for a long time around here it shouldnt take this long. Oregon hasn’t won a Rose Bowl in 3 years and apparently the program is dead. Very strange how you all judge other programs vs what I see as low expectations for UW.

You allegedly have the best head coach in the conf and apparently year over year better recruiting...

Just wondering when you’ll expect more or if getting there is good enough. It seems to be.

USC just beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl like 18 months ago with blindfolds on. What’s the problem in Seattle?

• Options

As suspected.

That's a serious answer
    Good post. Great poster.

I think you’ll be disappointed in the long run with his guy though. How long should it take to get a program up and running to be dominate?

6 years? 7?
    well, that depends on which program you're talking about.

resurrecting Washington is not like resurrecting Alabama. it's harder because it's not quite the national name and its recruiting base, while arguably underrated, is far from enviable. slightly easier than resurrecting Oregon; a few clicks harder than resurrecting LSU.

Miami has not been a serious contender in 15 years, and that recruiting base is as good as it gets, and it has all manner of national name recognition and a great trophy room. And still. It's hard.

I really can't see how anyone, no matter how much you might wish it, can with a straight face argue that Pete isn't a really really good, and arguably great, coach. But he does have some blind spots with OKG, which could hold him back. I'll grant you that.

Making Washington into a world-beater is not as automatic as you make it out to be.
    “It’s hard”

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Kinda what I was saying..UW in the conversation and the ceiling is high...look, don’t nare no one here drop yer head if lose first gayme against Burn..I know that may be the census but let’s think....

Burn could be the SEC champs...and that’s a no shitter...

Or...they could get hurt and lose 2 Gaymes in the season and not make it where UW runs rest it their schedule undefeated(granted they wouldn’t be able to lose again)...but I see “TSIO” if lose...negative. Run table and many things can happen. Got a good team and playing a power house no fukn doubt first gayme but hell man, ain’t that what ya want???

Fk I do...

Anyway, hope for best but don’t lose hope..win or fucking lose...TSAO

Thank you for being here and shitposting, but fuck off with a quality loss to the SEC shit.

Losing to SEC tier 2 is not acceptable for a pac-12 champ and definitely not acceptable to a program that’s yet to get a quality OOC win