Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steel and aluminum tariffs

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

Watching toppy hug Houston's nuts is as funny as watching Houston hug Trump's nuts.

I know about tariffs on a macro level, fuckface. I know virtually every economist will say they're stupid and ineffective and only lead to higher prices. Then there's retarded twats like you and Houston who support higher consumer prices because you just gotta wash Trump's balls like the faggot you are.

Gee, let's roll back regulations to save costs - and then implement tariffs.......to raise costs.

You're a fucking retard, toppy.

You're as predictable as a morning shit.

You're knowledge of tariffs is about the same level of understanding, of that I am sure.

Implemented tariffs don't work. However, in negotiations, the threat does work. Of course nothing works if don't have a purpose to threaten the tariff.

I assume, since you are hurling insults and being an Interwebs tuff guy, you now what the larger purpose is and why Trump is doing what he is.

I don't know, or even pretend to know why Trump is doing it. But when the dust settles he'll be held accountable at the ballot box.

You'll spout off and be the tuff guy you are and make fun of Trump.

Just like you did when he ran his campaign that went 18-0 against some of the biggest names in political history.

In the end, you're just a dumb fuck who strokes his meat pretending to be something you're not.
    ooohhhh! it's a threat game. I see. All along I thought there were people here who actually believed in protectionist trade policies, what with all of the enthusiastic rationalizations and what not. I guess that's why you're the 'top dawg' topdawg. you just know more shit than the rest of us.

why don't you go back into the hole out of which you just crawled, switch back to your other username, and fuck off.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In the end, you're just a dumb fuck who strokes his meat pretending to be something you're not.

This HAS to be the new bored motto.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:
    Snicker

When was the last time Ryan mattered?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:
    Snicker

When was the last time Ryan mattered?
    The speaker of the house doesn't matter anymore?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://pe.com/2018/03/05/trump-wont-back-down-on-steel-tariffs-after-ryan-rejects-plan/

Trump has used the threat of the tariffs as a negotiating point in talks taking place with Mexico and Canada on Nafta.

Until recently, the U.S. probe into the national security risks of steel and aluminum had been considered separate from the Nafta discussions. But Trump revived his complaints about Nafta being a “bad deal” for the U.S. in tweet on Monday and linked the talks underway in Mexico to the tariffs.

“Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum will only come off if new & fair NAFTA agreement is signed,” Trump tweeted.

Canada, the biggest supplier of steel and aluminum to the U.S., and Mexico, the No. 4 source of steel, have asked to be excluded from the tariffs.

The president’s decision caught the Nafta negotiators off guard, and his intervention may complicate a process that had already been yielding little progress on the most contentious issues.

“I applaud the president for targeting unfairly traded steel and aluminum,” Brady told reporters in Mexico City on Sunday. “But blanket tariffs that also sweep up fairly traded steel and aluminum, especially with trading partners like Canada and Mexico — they should be excluded.”

All the little girls with their panties in a wad naturally assume we? will lose when the fact is we are #winning

Hide and watch
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

Watching toppy hug Houston's nuts is as funny as watching Houston hug Trump's nuts.

I know about tariffs on a macro level, fuckface. I know virtually every economist will say they're stupid and ineffective and only lead to higher prices. Then there's retarded twats like you and Houston who support higher consumer prices because you just gotta wash Trump's balls like the faggot you are.

Gee, let's roll back regulations to save costs - and then implement tariffs.......to raise costs.

You're knowledge of tariffs is about the same level of understanding, of that I am sure.

Implemented tariffs don't work. However, in negotiations, the threat does work. Of course nothing works if don't have a purpose to threaten the tariff.

I assume, since you are hurling insults and being an Interwebs tuff guy, you now what the larger purpose is and why Trump is doing what he is.

I don't know, or even pretend to know why Trump is doing it. But when the dust settles he'll be held accountable at the ballot box.

Just like you did when he ran his campaign that went 18-0 against some of the biggest names in political history.

So just make a threat with something that is known to not work. Sounds legit.

The Art of the Deal.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

lol

You're still the same pussy you always were. Are there any men in your kids' lives so they have a role model?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

ooohhhh! it's a threat game. I see. All along I thought there were people here who actually believed in protectionist trade policies, what with all of the enthusiastic rationalizations and what not. I guess that's why you're the 'top dawg' topdawg. you just know more shit than the rest of us.

why don't you go back into the hole out of which you just crawled, switch back to your other username, and fuck off.
    You're the dingle berry that hangs on with the morning shit.
  • Options
    dflea said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

lol

You're still the same pussy you always were. Are there any men in your kids' lives so they have a role model?
    predictable.
  • Options

https://pe.com/2018/03/05/trump-wont-back-down-on-steel-tariffs-after-ryan-rejects-plan/

Trump has used the threat of the tariffs as a negotiating point in talks taking place with Mexico and Canada on Nafta.

Until recently, the U.S. probe into the national security risks of steel and aluminum had been considered separate from the Nafta discussions. But Trump revived his complaints about Nafta being a “bad deal” for the U.S. in tweet on Monday and linked the talks underway in Mexico to the tariffs.

“Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum will only come off if new & fair NAFTA agreement is signed,” Trump tweeted.

Canada, the biggest supplier of steel and aluminum to the U.S., and Mexico, the No. 4 source of steel, have asked to be excluded from the tariffs.

The president’s decision caught the Nafta negotiators off guard, and his intervention may complicate a process that had already been yielding little progress on the most contentious issues.

“I applaud the president for targeting unfairly traded steel and aluminum,” Brady told reporters in Mexico City on Sunday. “But blanket tariffs that also sweep up fairly traded steel and aluminum, especially with trading partners like Canada and Mexico — they should be excluded.”

All the little girls with their panties in a wad naturally assume we? will lose when the fact is we are #winning

Hide and watch

I guess the only thing left to see is if his bluff is called and he has to pull the trigger. Using threats in negotiation eventually doesn't mean much if you don't or can't follow through. And if he follows through, it's bad for markets.

The equity markets didn't even like the conversation. Imagine what they'll do when he starts actually implementing even a fraction of what comes out of his mouth.

I get it. You like him. That's fine. He doesn't bother me personally, but I've yet to see anything to compel me to follow him around like a crushing school girl.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

If you can explain the details of the bigger play. Please do.

Everyone calls Trump a dumb shit ...

But we all seem to be cashing his tax cut, and enjoying the stock market growth.

18-0
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

lol

predictable.
    brilliant. the art of the comeback.

I'm waiting for more CEO perspective from the guy who talks about the morning shit.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

lol

predictable.
    So no, then?

Sad!
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

But we all seem to be cashing his tax cut, and enjoying the stock market growth.

18-0
    why don't you? you're the CEO. enlighten us.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

I couldn't give two fucks.

There are few here, outside of Houston, who understand this on a bigger scale (I know macro confuses you and your butt buddies).

Amused at you and the rest of the donkey's who are mouth breathing over this and all you can say is:

Trump
    Higher prices

Now why don't you run along and go play lawyer.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,806
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Steel and aluminium=too important to fail. Maybe Trump should just seize the companies. Many here like that kind of thing.
  • Options

2001400ex said:
    So wait you are for Paul Ryan now? Or just mindlessly posting links (again)?. Either way, not interesting.
    Behavior entirely peculiar to Hondo IMO.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

There are few here, outside of Houston, who understand this on a bigger scale (I know macro confuses you and your butt buddies).

Amused at you and the rest of the donkey's who are mouth breathing over this and all you can say is:

Trump
    Higher prices

Sure.

Engrish?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,253
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2018
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

So I've actually got one of those degrees, have done work doing regression analysis, attended talks by the FED etc.

81%99.99966% of poasters don't understand macro.

Not taking sides so don't twist. Just a whole lot of bad info and misconceptions I read on here while lurking.

p.s. If you don't get the regression joke then you don't understand macro either.