Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steel and aluminum tariffs

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Steel and aluminium=too important to fail. Maybe Trump should just seize the companies. Many here like that kind of thing.

2008 was an investment in preferred stock sanctioned by the private sector. something for something. not something for nothing.

if it hadn't happened, you'd be eating out of a garbage can.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

Watching toppy hug Houston's nuts is as funny as watching Houston hug Trump's nuts.

I know about tariffs on a macro level, fuckface. I know virtually every economist will say they're stupid and ineffective and only lead to higher prices. Then there's retarded twats like you and Houston who support higher consumer prices because you just gotta wash Trump's balls like the faggot you are.

Gee, let's roll back regulations to save costs - and then implement tariffs.......to raise costs.

You're a fucking retard, toppy.

You're as predictable as a morning shit.

You're knowledge of tariffs is about the same level of understanding, of that I am sure.

Implemented tariffs don't work. However, in negotiations, the threat does work. Of course nothing works if don't have a purpose to threaten the tariff.

I assume, since you are hurling insults and being an Interwebs tuff guy, you now what the larger purpose is and why Trump is doing what he is.

I don't know, or even pretend to know why Trump is doing it. But when the dust settles he'll be held accountable at the ballot box.

You'll spout off and be the tuff guy you are and make fun of Trump.

Just like you did when he ran his campaign that went 18-0 against some of the biggest names in political history.

In the end, you're just a dumb fuck who strokes his meat pretending to be something you're not.
    So just make a threat with something that is known to not work. Sounds legit.

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

If you can explain the details of the bigger play. Please do.

Everyone calls Trump a dumb shit ...

But we all seem to be cashing his tax cut, and enjoying the stock market growth.

18-0
    why don't you? you're the CEO. enlighten us.
    As previously stated ...

I couldn't give two fucks.

There are few here, outside of Houston, who understand this on a bigger scale (I know macro confuses you and your butt buddies).

Amused at you and the rest of the donkey's who are mouth breathing over this and all you can say is:

Trump
    Higher prices

Now why don't you run along and go play lawyer.
    So I've actually got one of those degrees, have done work doing regression analysis, attended talks by the FED etc.

81%99.99966% of poasters don't understand macro.

Not taking sides so don't twist. Just a whole lot of bad info and misconceptions I read on here while lurking.

p.s. If you don't get the regression joke then you don't understand macro either.
    * 40%
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

Watching toppy hug Houston's nuts is as funny as watching Houston hug Trump's nuts.

I know about tariffs on a macro level, fuckface. I know virtually every economist will say they're stupid and ineffective and only lead to higher prices. Then there's retarded twats like you and Houston who support higher consumer prices because you just gotta wash Trump's balls like the faggot you are.

Gee, let's roll back regulations to save costs - and then implement tariffs.......to raise costs.

You're knowledge of tariffs is about the same level of understanding, of that I am sure.

Implemented tariffs don't work. However, in negotiations, the threat does work. Of course nothing works if don't have a purpose to threaten the tariff.

I assume, since you are hurling insults and being an Interwebs tuff guy, you now what the larger purpose is and why Trump is doing what he is.

I don't know, or even pretend to know why Trump is doing it. But when the dust settles he'll be held accountable at the ballot box.

Just like you did when he ran his campaign that went 18-0 against some of the biggest names in political history.

In the end, you're just a dumb fuck who strokes his meat pretending to be something you're not.

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

But we all seem to be cashing his tax cut, and enjoying the stock market growth.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

There are few here, outside of Houston, who understand this on a bigger scale (I know macro confuses you and your butt buddies).

Amused at you and the rest of the donkey's who are mouth breathing over this and all you can say is:

Trump
    Higher prices

So I've actually got one of those degrees, have done work doing regression analysis, attended talks by the FED etc.

Not taking sides so don't twist. Just a whole lot of bad info and misconceptions I read on here while lurking.

p.s. If you don't get the regression joke then you don't understand macro either.
    He understands macro like Sledog understands Aristotle.

That's why he answered with a non-answer. But he doesn't care, apparently.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

Not here to argue a particular side but just pointing out that it's called "the dismal science" for a reason. Anyone with real knowledge of the subject isn't hanging out in the Tug arguing with people that took "Economics for home finance".
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

I love multi-variable least squares statistical analysis jokes!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

doogie said:
    There are dumb fucking Democrats too. Your point?
    Tariffs & protectionism is a long union/Dem position. How I love the hypocrisy on parade.
    True. The GOP deserves credit for its historical opposition to tariffs as self-defeating stupidity. Except for for a few lonely and feeble voices of opposition to this, where is the GOP now?
    Waiting for Trump to lead them. duh
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

Not here to argue a particular side but just pointing out that it's called "the dismal science" for a reason. Anyone with real knowledge of the subject isn't hanging out in the Tug arguing with people that took "Economics for home finance".
    Exactly.

But few can resist the opportunity to turn @dflea and @creepycoug into slobbering mouth breathers who can only keep barking

Trump
    Higher prices

I miss watching those two shit themselves ...
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    edited March 2018
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

Exactly.

But few can resist the opportunity to turn @dflea and @creepycoug into slobbering mouth breathers who can only keep barking

Trump
    Higher prices

lol

Look at toppy pretending he accomplished something. The funny thing is, compared to his typical useless existence, poasting on an internet bulletin board probably IS an accomplishment for him.

You don't have to take many econ classes before you figure out what a fucking idiotic idea tariffs are. If you have an Econ degree, then you've seen plenty of case studies on the pros and cons of import restrictions and tariffs. The list of pros is short - like toppy's little weiner - and the list of cons is long. Generally speaking tariffs are bad fucking trade policy, and it doesn't make any damn difference if it's Trump, Obama or Bush proposing them - other than to political ballwashers.

Go find some positive news on tariffs and trade restrictions, dumbass. Go ahead. Bring your tariff glory stories.

Trump's just being a whore for votes, and nothing more - well, and maybe giving Icahn an opportunity to clean up on some insider trading while you lick his shoes. He's also playing a risky game to get it done. If it only led to you losing your stupid middle-manager any-asshole-could-do-this-job job, I wouldn't give a fuck. But his big mouthhole isn't helping me any with his tariff threats, so he can eat shit.

And so can you.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If it only led to you losing your stupid middle-manager any-asshole-could-do-this-job job, I wouldn't give a fuck. But his big mouthhole isn't helping me any with his tariff threats, so he can eat shit.

And so can you.

It's OK Flea... There's very little steel or aluminum in ass beads and dildos.

You're gonna be just fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    topdawgnc said:

Trump is setting in motion a number of steps, he, and his administration, believes will bring jobs to America. And, those jobs will be found among his base.

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

So, which retarded point are you trying to make. You're a slippery little dip shit aren't you?
  • Options
    dflea said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

Exactly.

Trump
    Higher prices

lol

Look at toppy pretending he accomplished something. The funny thing is, compared to his typical useless existence, poasting on an internet bulletin board probably IS an accomplishment for him.

You don't have to take many econ classes before you figure out what a fucking idiotic idea tariffs are. If you have an Econ degree, then you've seen plenty of case studies on the pros and cons of import restrictions and tariffs. The list of pros is short - like toppy's little weiner - and the list of cons is long. Generally speaking tariffs are bad fucking trade policy, and it doesn't make any damn difference if it's Trump, Obama or Bush proposing them - other than to political ballwashers.

Go find some positive news on tariffs and trade restrictions, dumbass. Go ahead. Bring your tariff glory stories.

Trump's just being a whore for votes, and nothing more - well, and maybe giving Icahn an opportunity to clean up on some insider trading while you lick his shoes. He's also playing a risky game to get it done. If it only led to you losing your stupid middle-manager any-asshole-could-do-this-job job, I wouldn't give a fuck. But his big mouthhole isn't helping me any with his tariff threats, so he can eat shit.

And so can you.

The odds of that are exactly zero.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    salemcoog said:

If it only led to you losing your stupid middle-manager any-asshole-could-do-this-job job, I wouldn't give a fuck. But his big mouthhole isn't helping me any with his tariff threats, so he can eat shit.

And so can you.

quote function = broken, again.

Derek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    salemcoog said:

I admit it. I lol'ed.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

lol

And so can you.

TL, DR

None the less ... my point is made.

Now clean the slobber off your keyboard, calm down and go upstairs and kiss your mom.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    @topdawgnc is Sam Nunberg!

And @HoustonHusky is his unrequited gay lover roger stone.

The plot thickens...
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The Art of the Deal.
    Again.

18-0
    As previously stated ...

Trump
    Higher prices

Sounds like we got an expert here. If only he would enlighten us but he only poasts on the higher discussion economics boards. He's taken a college course, has done regressions and tuned into Fed webinars. OMG. Chime in with something tangible that would lead me to believe that you know something that we don't or eat a dick.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

lol

And so can you.

TL, DR

None the less ... my point is made.

Now clean the slobber off your keyboard, calm down and go upstairs and kiss your mom.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Sounds grand, but "material" is only about 15% of the total cost of a pipeline...labor is the largest chunk of it, transportation of the pipes, land rights, etc. etc. So a 25% tariff on steel means the actual pipeline costs only go up less than 4%...

A public reference from a couple years ago...
    https://www.ogj.com/articles/print/volume-112/issue-9/special-report-pipeline-economics/crude-oil-pipeline-growth-revenues-surge-construction-costs-mount.html

Like I said, the Bloomberg guy was a moron...

Protectionism. Like screwing your wife's best friend, it feels good in the moment. Eventually, it becomes the worst decision you ever made.

Vs being a cuckold with China coming over and screwing your wife nightly why you just sit back and take it?

Both options suck...but at least with one you are actually getting some...
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Steel and aluminium=too important to fail. Maybe Trump should just seize the companies. Many here like that kind of thing.

2008 was an investment in preferred stock sanctioned by the private sector. something for something. not something for nothing.

if it hadn't happened, you'd be eating out of a garbage can.
    It was for the UAW. Bond holders for fuckef. The government siezed the company.

The president is carrying we need to keep our steel and aluminum producers. It's strategically important for national security.

I like national security. I didn't think the impact will be that big and have no horse in the race at all. But we have to be able to build the weapons of war.