Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steel and aluminum tariffs

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Saracen said:
    So I read the headline and a couple sentences. But wouldn’t a Swedish!!! Company who imports products made of Alum and Steel be more motivated to make more product here to avoid the tariffs?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Had nothing to do with FED dumping assets.

Nothing at all.

Please explain why the tariffs will help this country? This will spark a trade war and the losers will be consumers.
    I actually don't mind tariffs. This is essentially a consumption tax. The more imported crap you use, the more you pay.

I kind of wish we just had a national sales tax vs income tax anyway. At least everyone pays for this tax.
    I could see how this could be your take - if you're a retarded weakling that needs tariffs to protect your shitty business model.

Go kill yourself, you tax loving donkey.
    If you buy foreign cars you pay a premium. Big fucking deal.

Who even thinks this thing will pass? It’s postering. A nutless monkey can see that.
    Yeah. Hyundai's and Kia's cost a fucking fortune.

You're a nutless monkey.
    Premium doesn’t mean expensive. When you have to pay $18k instead of $15k for a new Kia, that’s called paying a premium. I hope you now understand the difference you nutless monkey
    I understand the difference between you and someone who isn't a faggot.

Go ahead and make your case to justify the 3 grand "premium" you stupid cunt.
    I’m not the one that drives a Kia...wuss
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Nothing at all.

Please explain why the tariffs will help this country? This will spark a trade war and the losers will be consumers.
    I actually don't mind tariffs. This is essentially a consumption tax. The more imported crap you use, the more you pay.

I kind of wish we just had a national sales tax vs income tax anyway. At least everyone pays for this tax.
    I could see how this could be your take - if you're a retarded weakling that needs tariffs to protect your shitty business model.

Who even thinks this thing will pass? It’s postering. A nutless monkey can see that.

You're a nutless monkey.
    Premium doesn’t mean expensive. When you have to pay $18k instead of $15k for a new Kia, that’s called paying a premium. I hope you now understand the difference you nutless monkey

Did Sledog help you with that one?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Nothing at all.

You're a nutless monkey.

Obviously not. I would have said "not the flaming spandex butt pirate driving a Kia".
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Nothing at all.

You're a nutless monkey.

Obviously not. I would have said "not the flaming spandex butt pirate driving a Kia".
    You seem to have a fetish with flaming spandex butt pirates.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    $250 million is about what the New EQC under construction is slated to cost.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    And now doogie will pull some dumbfuck Democrat housewoman out of his hat to show his undying love for Trump and his stupid fucking tariffs.

Talk about LOfuckingL

• Options
    doogie said:
    There are dumb fucking Democrats too. Your point?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Nothing at all.

You're a nutless monkey.

Good God you are a limited man.
  • Options
    Trump should not raise tariffs on EU cars. That would be wrong.

Instead Trump should just make sure EU tariffs and US tariffs are equal so it will be fair and no one will be able to complain
  • Options
    doogie said:

Trump should not raise tariffs on EU cars. That would be wrong.

Instead Trump should just make sure EU tariffs and US tariffs are equal so it will be fair and no one will be able to complain

Everything equal? I never took you for a Marxist but it's a good look on you.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    What a stupid mother fucker.

I didn't say Trump should ensure equal outcomes amoeba brain but I'm all for a Level Playing Field aren't you?
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

I didn't say Trump should ensure equal outcomes amoeba brain but I'm all for a Level Playing Field aren't you?

Agreed we need to level the playing field for OPEC and Russia. The US was becoming too energy independent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2018-03-04/trump-tariffs-are-gift-opec-russia-not-us-shale-oil-gas-pipelines
  • Options
    doogie said:

Just like the tax cut created a level playing field? Fuck you are a dumb Trump fed motherfucker. Think for yourself.
  • Options
    I'm all for going on offense right now
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2018
    The pipeline Bloomberg bit is funny...they don't understand the total costs of pipelines (it ain't just steel). Not as dumb as HondoFS' new sidekick (HI CirrhosisoftheBrain), but amusing...

As for why aluminum and steel were chosen its a direct shot at China...the media and a few folks around here appear too dumb to realize this. For those that don't think this look at this story from about a year ago:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/a-chinese-billionaire-may-have-hidden-6-of-the-worlds-aluminum-in-the-mexican-desert-2016-9

Why exactly would a Chinese billionaire store 6% of the world's aluminum in a desert in Mexico along the US border if it wasn't to illegally get it to the US via NAFTA? And for this and a few others caught I guarantee there is at least 10x more coming through illegally. The best part was the end when he said 'my bad...we really meant to send that to Vietnam.'

That said I'm assuming this is more of a negotiating ploy than anything else...long term I'm ok with China subsidizing our raw materials...the balance in trade has to be in respecting intellectual property (they don't), opening up their markets to our finished products (they don't unless their specific market isn't caught up enough to make it themselves), and opening up their internal businesses to non-Chinese investments. And we have an inertia of 30 years of politicians not really caring...I'll believe that actually changed when I see some of those things addressed.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Think for yourself
    Yes. Tell us how this works. We can hardly wait to hear your expertise.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

The pipeline Bloomberg bit is funny...they don't understand the total costs of pipelines (it ain't just steel). Not as dumb as HondoFS' new sidekick (HI CirrhosisoftheBrain), but amusing...

As for why aluminum and steel were chosen its a direct shot at China...the media and a few folks around here appear too dumb to realize this. For those that don't think this look at this story from about a year ago:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/a-chinese-billionaire-may-have-hidden-6-of-the-worlds-aluminum-in-the-mexican-desert-2016-9

Why exactly would a Chinese billionaire store 6% of the world's aluminum in a desert in Mexico along the US border if it wasn't to illegally get it to the US via NAFTA? And for this and a few others caught I guarantee there is at least 10x more coming through illegally. The best part was the end when he said 'my bad...we really meant to send that to Vietnam.'

That said I'm assuming this is more of a negotiating ploy than anything else...long term I'm ok with China subsidizing our raw materials...the balance in trade has to be in respecting intellectual property (they don't), opening up their markets to our finished products (they don't unless their specific market isn't caught up enough to make it themselves), and opening up their internal businesses to non-Chinese investments. And we have an inertia of 30 years of politicians not really caring...I'll believe that actually changed when I see some of those things addressed.

Word salad — with @HoustonHusky “guarantees” and “assumptions,” and a link too! Very amusing.

Just say you advocate protectionist trade policies and tariffs to support inefficient and outdated US industry.

In other words, you’ll believe it when US industrial policy subsidizes the unskilled and uneducated. It’s ok. Just be honest.