Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First and Sad...

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2018
    If we're looking for a government solution to the problem, we should be looking at our return on investment. If sacrificing 13 billion a year to put extra security in schools prevents 12 deaths a year, then we are spending 1.08 billion dollars per life saved. That's a lot of money to prevent one death.

The 13 billion a year estimate comes from this:

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/theres-one-way-to-stop-school-shootings-without-taking-away-anyones-guns
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    A couple thousand dollars for training per teacher for a 5 day course that would make them proficient and safe. A minor allowance for practice throughout the year. Cheap insurance.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I agree bans are stupid and won't work. But just like restrictions that prevent full-autos on our streets, we can similarly reduce deadliness of ARs by limiting availability of hi-capacity magazines AND deputizing teachers and admins to shoot back to limit damage and save lives.
    Sleddy's going hysterical like a lot of guys do, fearful we're gonna take away his squirrel plunker, when we're not. Like I said, I practically brawled with my thick-skulled marine neighbor over this when he was on "Full NRA Auto-Response" and kept misquoting my words back to me, arguing against shit I never said. I finally put my hand on his shoulder and asked him "Are you deaf? Dumb? Or Both? I'm thinking Both!" He was less-than appreciative of that.

Your ideas are already in place in many places. They have never worked and never will. We have more than 20,000 gun laws and they have not worked. There are more than 300 million guns in the US and the number of magazines is far more than that and completely unknown. You can not magically get rid of them. Only the law abiding will comply. You know all this but still prattle on I will continue to disagree.

I'm glad you like the idea of armed responders among school staff. The story is there were two school resource police officers assigned to the school but the superintendent requested they not carry guns on campus. That was from an interview and I've been unable to locate it in print.

As a society we protect things with guns; presidents, movie stars, court houses, stores, banks, armored cars and even Husky games. Odd we want our schools not to be and they will continue to be targets until we change that. These people don't want a fight they want a slaughter. Defenseless victims are what they seek out and our schools are the biggest target.

Good opinion piece below.

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/index.php?itemid=445
    Even if every teacher was armed. That kid was going to shoot up the school regardless.

HTH
    But stopping the shooter at 7 dead would've been a lot better than letting him kill 17. That's why schools need well-trained, authorized persons who carry, or have quick access to, their own firearms.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

I wonder why so many people go completely Sled over the 2nd amendment and the same constitutional protector heroes don’t seem to care much about the 4th amendment.

Pretty big mystery!

Judging by this thread it may be because no one seems to have read past the first 2 amendments to the constitution.

Or it may be another reason... just such a mystery!

DDY's in the Tug? Must be a slow TBS day, with few recruits to salivate over.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I agree bans are stupid and won't work. But just like restrictions that prevent full-autos on our streets, we can similarly reduce deadliness of ARs by limiting availability of hi-capacity magazines AND deputizing teachers and admins to shoot back to limit damage and save lives.
    Sleddy's going hysterical like a lot of guys do, fearful we're gonna take away his squirrel plunker, when we're not. Like I said, I practically brawled with my thick-skulled marine neighbor over this when he was on "Full NRA Auto-Response" and kept misquoting my words back to me, arguing against shit I never said. I finally put my hand on his shoulder and asked him "Are you deaf? Dumb? Or Both? I'm thinking Both!" He was less-than appreciative of that.

Your ideas are already in place in many places. They have never worked and never will. We have more than 20,000 gun laws and they have not worked. There are more than 300 million guns in the US and the number of magazines is far more than that and completely unknown. You can not magically get rid of them. Only the law abiding will comply. You know all this but still prattle on I will continue to disagree.

I'm glad you like the idea of armed responders among school staff. The story is there were two school resource police officers assigned to the school but the superintendent requested they not carry guns on campus. That was from an interview and I've been unable to locate it in print.

As a society we protect things with guns; presidents, movie stars, court houses, stores, banks, armored cars and even Husky games. Odd we want our schools not to be and they will continue to be targets until we change that. These people don't want a fight they want a slaughter. Defenseless victims are what they seek out and our schools are the biggest target.

Even if every teacher was armed. That kid was going to shoot up the school regardless.

HTH
    But stopping the shooter at 7 dead would've been a lot better than letting him kill 17. That's why schools need well-trained, authorized persons who carry, or have quick access to, their own firearms.
    99% of teachers will never be able to be trained to point a gun at another human being and shoot it. You can take them to a range and train then. Aiming at another human is completely different.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    99% of teachers are useless human beings that belong in the back of a soup line.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    99% of teachers will never be able to be trained to point a gun at another human being and shoot it. You can take them to a range and train then. Aiming at another human is completely different.
    They don’t have to be teachers. Many schools have armed security or police in them now. If you want to protect kids from getting shot in schools, you need to have armed security in every one of them. That’s the world we live in now and would be a much more realistic and effective solution than a weapon buyback.

Gen X ers have done a horrible job at raising their Kids. They let them do whatever the fuck they want whenever they want. Ask a HS teacher you know about how many kids nowadays have no respect nor coping skills for conflict. So many parents expect teachers to raise their kids and when the teachers push back to the parents. The parents lash out at the teachers and the school. Further supporting their douchebag kids abhorrent behavior.

Liberal gun Faerys will never come about. But school districts that give a fuck about the Kids in their schools will protect them. The ones that don’t, won’t. Such as Parkland.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    They don’t have to be teachers. Many schools have armed security or police in them now. If you want to protect kids from getting shot in schools, you need to have armed security in every one of them. That’s the world we live in now and would be a much more realistic and effective solution than a weapon buyback.

Gen X ers have done a horrible job at raising their Kids. They let them do whatever the fuck they want whenever they want. Ask a HS teacher you know about how many kids nowadays have no respect nor coping skills for conflict. So many parents expect teachers to raise their kids and when the teachers push back to the parents. The parents lash out at the teachers and the school. Further supporting their douchebag kids abhorrent behavior.

Liberal gun Faerys will never come about. But school districts that give a fuck about the Kids in their schools will protect them. The ones that don’t, won’t. Such as Parkland.
    Do you frequently find yourself yelling at people to get off your lawn?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

AUTHOR: Socrates (469–399 B.C.)
    QUOTATION: The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

• Options
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

QUOTATION: The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

As a philosophy major, let me translate this passage for you: the pretty young boys don't bend over when I tell them to anymore.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

Philosophize with him dude....
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

@RaceBannon was there.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

A little close to home creep???

Do you frequently have to make nice with your neighbors because your little prick kids pumped their poodle again???

#theylearneditfromyou

I'm guessing you come in hot to the principal when one of your little creeps fucked up at school and go all legalese on them. ANd eventually they bend to your will due to:

A- They simply get sick of you rambling from tenet to tenet about nothing and have work to do.

B- The strong smell of Drakkar Noir takes over the whole school office and the poor attendance lady is succumbing to the symptoms of her allergies to it.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

A little close to home creep???

Do you frequently have to make nice with your neighbors because your little prick kids pumped their poodle again???

#theylearneditfromyou

I'm guessing you come in hot to the principal when one of your little creeps fucked up at school and go all legalese on them. ANd eventually they bend to your will due to:

A- They simply get sick of you rambling from tenet to tenet about nothing and have work to do.

B- The strong smell of Drakkar Noir takes over the whole school office and the poor attendance lady is succumbing to the symptoms of her allergies to it.
    I just axed you about your lawn. Thanks for the rant though.

#triggered

#itwasfunnyuntilB

#typingfasttypinghard
  • Options
    Little too close to Home again with B eh?

One spray will get er done Bro and it's not cool to bonus spray your junk anymore.

That went out with topsiders and no socks.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Little too close to Home again with B eh?

One spray will get er done Bro and it's not cool to bonus spray your junk anymore.

That went out with topsiders and no socks.

We're not bros!!!!!! Bro.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    Educate yourselves a little on the subject at hand:

http://www.assaultweapon.info/