Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First and Sad...

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Never owned/shot a gun because I am nothing more than a cowardly pussy, but I really don't think their legality is nearly as big a problem as the technological/media upbringing of the current and future generations.

I'm not going to pretend to be the psychoanalytic master of all, and if my post history means anything i'm probably one of the more mentally unstable poasters on the board, but we created this monster and glorified it in the process.

For a dude on the edge, it's the cool thing to do. I don't know what the solution is.

So, you're what my dad called "a Punter."
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

I'd feel safer if a few teachers on campus were knowingly armed, or had access to guns in strategically located gun safes within the school. Radical? Who GAF. Cowards like this crazy little fucker thrive when they know there won't be anyone shooting back at them. Let it be known that some teachers are well-trained and armed, and most of these shootings don't happen.

Yes if there is one thing that mass shooters that usually commit suicide are scared of, it's dying.

No one has done this expecting to get away.
    I think that's well known. The idea is to stop them immediately. Waiting for help to arrive means more time for the killer to carry out his crime. Average response time in most larger cities to a high priority call is 8 minutes. Rural areas can be 20 minutes to and hour.
    No The answer is to stop it before it happens. You can't rely on someone off site to stop it once it starts. Almost all of these little fucks have laid a trail of bread crumbs as to what they are going to do, but no one steps up and turns them in.
    The best way to stop it before it happens is to take away the guns.
    Everyone's?

How?
    Modify the second amendment to ban assault rifles.

This will never happen of course, because we have chosen to make gun fanatics more important than children.
    To you everything is an assault weapon. Take a peek a a guy I know named Jerry. Competed with him many times. This is what someone can do with a 6 shot revolver. Is this now an assault weapon? The Boobs of the world would call it one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
    Meanwhile...what the Founders had in mine when they wrote the damn thing.

So by that logic we are only allowed free speech if you speak it or print it on a one page at a time printing press. Computers the internet, telephones etc. are all not eligible for protection under the 1st amendment.

Your vehicle doesn't require a search warrant nor your computer or phone. We could go on but you get the idea.

They knew exactly what they were doing having just overthrown a tyrannical monarchy.
    The strict constructionists hate you now.

PS: that's kinda the point. Spending time thinking about what someone was thinking 200 years ago lost its appeal about 100 years ago. Principles to be applied in the age in which they are considered. And today, the idea that your gun collection is a legitimate buffer against a modern-day government and military is frankly silly and contrived.

When everyone had the same, inaccurate, hard af to load, pea shooters and a few family and friends could put up a fight against a military regiment? Yeah, different story.

Look, Cuog: You and I both know it's the "well regulated militia" that provides the avenue of redress for keeping guns out of the hands of crazies, but the fucking libs keep making it about the guns & ammo, instead of the sanity of the fucking people who shoot them.

So, why doesn't anyone listen to me and appropriate my brilliance? Because the fucking authoritarian, big government libs don't understand shit about guns or gun culture, and they hate the 2nd amendment with a passion.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

There is no solution that fits today, but there is a real simple way to shape the future.

You make a permanent Brady Bill. No long rifle magazine larger than 5 rounds, rimfires 10 rounds, and handguns 10 rounds. You do a one time government buy back for magazines larger than that. Of course that won't get rid of more than 25% of the current ones in circulation but it's a start.

Second you have to obtain a license to buy a firearm and you have to get it renewed every 5 to 7 years like a drivers license. If a doctor thinks you are too dangerous to society to own a gun you lose your gun buying privileges until they thing you are good again, just like driving. Your guns aren't ever taken away. You just can't buy any if you lose your license.

Stable, law abiding citizens can still own a zillion guns and use them as tools like they are intended.

Easy peasy. Won't ever fucking happen.

Which of these would have stopped the shooting? None of them.
    Way to miss the first fucking sentence. You're retarded. This isn't hard.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Semi and full auto firearms have been around for well over a hundred years. Prior to 1932 you could walk in to your local gun shop or hardware store and buy a Thompson sub machine gun or a Browning BAR.

My point is guns haven't really changed at all but somehow we have
    . Kids used to take their guns to school in rural areas so they could hunt to and from school and were usually racked in the school office. We didn't have school shootings. What's different? The way children are raised? Massive use of prescription psychotropic drugs? Kids on Ritalin? The thought of being remembered for their act?

I don't know. There are more than 8 million AR 15's out there and millions more of the many other various semi autos. The government doesn't know where they are. You can not go get them unless someone is willing to search every home in the entire country and that won't work either. You can't outlaw what you can't control or find. Mexico cops just recovered a big stash of AK's, ammo, grenades and claymore mines near our border. Hundreds of thousands of people sneak in to our country every year. So those that say "legalize drugs we can't stop them" think this stupid horse shit will work.

It's a people problem not a gun problem.

I typed this long ass post on my phone so don't bitch!

Wut? That's right, contrary to what I watch on the history channel, they did have fully automatic weapons in the 1700s when the Constitution was written. And tanks and attack helicopters.
    You better read what the founders had to say as it seems your history teachers sucked ass.

Why is this a new, last 20 years or so, problem Hondo? Just an FYI the AR15 has been around for over 50 years.

The implement isn't the problem. As I have pointed out you're not screaming to outlaw large trucks. Evil and crazy exist and the only way to stop evil crazy people when they do either of these, or a number of other acts, is to shoot them. HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Semi and full auto firearms have been around for well over a hundred years. Prior to 1932 you could walk in to your local gun shop or hardware store and buy a Thompson sub machine gun or a Browning BAR.

. Kids used to take their guns to school in rural areas so they could hunt to and from school and were usually racked in the school office. We didn't have school shootings. What's different? The way children are raised? Massive use of prescription psychotropic drugs? Kids on Ritalin? The thought of being remembered for their act?

I don't know. There are more than 8 million AR 15's out there and millions more of the many other various semi autos. The government doesn't know where they are. You can not go get them unless someone is willing to search every home in the entire country and that won't work either. You can't outlaw what you can't control or find. Mexico cops just recovered a big stash of AK's, ammo, grenades and claymore mines near our border. Hundreds of thousands of people sneak in to our country every year. So those that say "legalize drugs we can't stop them" think this stupid horse shit will work.

Wut? That's right, contrary to what I watch on the history channel, they did have fully automatic weapons in the 1700s when the Constitution was written. And tanks and attack helicopters.
    You better read what the founders had to say as it seems your history teachers sucked ass.

Why is this a new, last 20 years or so, problem Hondo? Just an FYI the AR15 has been around for over 50 years.

The implement isn't the problem. As I have pointed out you're not screaming to outlaw large trucks. Evil and crazy exist and the only way to stop evil crazy people when they do either of these, or a number of other acts, is to shoot them. HTH
    I'm not screaming to outlaw guns either dumbfuck.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

I read that the school has 3000 students. Add to that, what, 100 teachers or so, and some more staff members. That is basically the size of a small town like Algona. (Southend bitches!) Why the fuck would anyone think that a small towns worth of people, all of whom are at the most fucked up age imaginable, would be able to police themselves? Especially adding in the fact that the grown ups in this equation have absolutely no ability or authorization to discipline the kids anymore.

Why the fuck aren't there 3 cops employed at this school, or at least 2 and 2 security guards. And if cost is an issue, then fire one of the 3 vice principals, or teach him to be a security guard.

I like the way you think. (Faggy Wink ;))
    Wanna Cyber?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I'm not screaming to outlaw guns either dumbfuck.
    You always are. That's like saying you aren't in the tank for Hillary.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hondo Shrillz for Hillz.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

I'd feel safer if a few teachers on campus were knowingly armed, or had access to guns in strategically located gun safes within the school. Radical? Who GAF. Cowards like this crazy little fucker thrive when they know there won't be anyone shooting back at them. Let it be known that some teachers are well-trained and armed, and most of these shootings don't happen.

Yes if there is one thing that mass shooters that usually commit suicide are scared of, it's dying.

No one has done this expecting to get away.
    I think that's well known. The idea is to stop them immediately. Waiting for help to arrive means more time for the killer to carry out his crime. Average response time in most larger cities to a high priority call is 8 minutes. Rural areas can be 20 minutes to and hour.
    No The answer is to stop it before it happens. You can't rely on someone off site to stop it once it starts. Almost all of these little fucks have laid a trail of bread crumbs as to what they are going to do, but no one steps up and turns them in.
    The best way to stop it before it happens is to take away the guns.
    Everyone's?

How?
    Modify the second amendment to ban assault rifles.

This will never happen of course, because we have chosen to make gun fanatics more important than children.
    Assuming we can define that those guns are already illegal. That's why those kids burned in Waco

Making a product illegal only makes it more valuable

Never owned a gun. If that works do it but it won't

Do we know if this nut had a legal gun?
    No other major Western nation has this school shooting epidemic.

I wonder why.
    Dodge and weave

Talking points are more important than a solution
    The solution is to do what they did.

HTH
    Please explain
    Do what Australia did

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-35048251
    Move to fucking Australia!
    Won't help.

They have internet in Australia now too.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,041
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

My point is guns haven't really changed at all but somehow we have. Kids used to take their guns to school in rural areas so they could hunt to and from school and were usually racked in the school office. We didn't have school shootings. What's different? The way children are raised? Massive use of prescription psychotropic drugs? Kids on Ritalin? The thought of being remembered for their act?

So a Thompson Sub Machine cost about $200 in 1920 which in 2018 USD is about $2,600. What's an AR run these days? $600 - $900 sound about right? Nobody but gangsters or the military could afford them back then so they never became widespread amongst the civilian population.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Sledog said:

My point is guns haven't really changed at all but somehow we have. Kids used to take their guns to school in rural areas so they could hunt to and from school and were usually racked in the school office. We didn't have school shootings. What's different? The way children are raised? Massive use of prescription psychotropic drugs? Kids on Ritalin? The thought of being remembered for their act?

So a Thompson Sub Machine cost about $200 in 1920 which in 2018 USD is about $2,600. What's an AR run these days? $600 - $900 sound about right? Nobody but gangsters or the military could afford them back then so they never became widespread amongst the civilian population.
    I see so now it's about cost? Bonnie and Clyde didn't pay for their Thompson's or BAR's (Clyde was a BAR fan). They stole them from National Guard Armories. The Capone type gangsters simply bought them at the store.

Why not ban the FBI and police as they dropped the ball and could have prevented this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/alleged-florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-was-reported-to-fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I see so now it's about cost? Bonnie and Clyde didn't pay for their Thompson's or BAR's (Clyde was a BAR fan). They stole them from National Guard Armories. The Capone type gangsters simply bought them at the store.

Why not ban the FBI and police as they dropped the ball and could have prevented this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/alleged-florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-was-reported-to-fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html
    Curious. Who runs the FBI now?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Obama. His plants are still screwing shit up.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Trump hasn't had tim fucktarded POTD.
  • Options
    All these guns we speak of are illegal in France and most other Euro nations. Doesn' stop mass shooting there. Paris was a biggie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

And he's back to the guy that needs to be set on fucking fire and then snuffed out with a steamroller.

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

This is your ideal society?
    Pragmatic is the word you're looking for.
    Personally, I think trying to solve the root problem is better than accepting guns in schools and teachers trained as shooters as pragmatic.
    That's fair. How do you plan to solve the mental health crisis in America? More drugs clearly isn't working.

In the interim, we need a pragmatic solution that will work. This solution is the pink elephant the left doesn't want to talk about.
    I think the mental health crisis is about societal conditions, and probably largely driven by media as some have said. That is an extremely complex problem that cannot be solved quickly.

But in the interim, in fact in the interim and beyond, I think a civilian ban on assault weapons/magazines is pragmatic. Standard capacity semi auto handguns and standard capacity recreational weapons can stick around with background checks and some level of pre-sale mandatory safety training. I don't think anyone will ever convince me that an assault weapon is practical and necessary outside of military or paramilitary use.
    They are for defense against a tyrannical government. The right to arms and self defense is an inalienable right that existed prior to the constitution and is considered God given. You can't revoke it. Ever.
    Are you reading the Quran or some shit? Cause that's not in the Bible I read.
    Exodus 22:2....
    If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    My bumper sticker says 2 Kings 9:20
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You had me but you're losing me Sledog. You're making a Gary Bauer argument about changing hearts and minds, and that's a fucking loser all the way.

We can easily restrict the availability of high-cap magazines, bump stocks, and shit like that won't necessarily prevent shootings of this type, but can reduce the impact and deadliness we are seeing far too often. And none of it will stop you and I from hunting, shooting, protecting ourselves, or even restrict us from anything necessary, except blowing a watermelon to smithereens for fun. (Which will piss throbber off, I'm pretty sure).