Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First and Sad...

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Blood's on the hands of the NRA and their bought lapdog politicians. No way to spin this, though I'm sure many here will try.

I will stipulate that the NRA has some very dumb policies and platforms, and their intransigence on reasonable measures to restrict gun sales to only responsible people is asinine.

But FUCK the politicians on both sides of the aisle that spend all their time virtue signaling and chasing votes and money from constituents they can't even stand and don't give a fuck about, instead of having the courage to deal with the problem of crazy misfits compiling deadly arsenals of guns and ammo in plain view.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Sledog: To err is human, and blaming the FBI is as dumb as blaming the kids mother for giving birth to him. Arguments like this and "we need to change hearts and minds" is fucking cowardice, and you know Goddamn well that, just like T's and P's, it means not changing a fucking thing.

I think you've dug yourself a nice hole on this, but I suggest you stop digging.

Like many will say about Islamic Terrorism: Fix it, Muslims, or we'll fix it for you. Fix it, NRA, and be part of the solution before the solution is jammed up your ass by a bunch of gun-hating libs.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog is the kind of faggot that would rather run his mouth hole until the majority believes no guns is the only solution, and act accordingly.

Head too far up ass to see the writing on the wall.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,498
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

@Sledog: To err is human, and blaming the FBI is as dumb as blaming the kids mother for giving birth to him. Arguments like this and "we need to change hearts and minds" is fucking cowardice, and you know Goddamn well that, just like T's and P's, it means not changing a fucking thing.

I think you've dug yourself a nice hole on this, but I suggest you stop digging.

Like many will say about Islamic Terrorism: Fix it, Muslims, or we'll fix it for you. Fix it, NRA, and be part of the solution before the solution is jammed up your ass by a bunch of gun-hating libs.

Disagree.

In how many attacks, right here on this board, have people commented that someone must have seen something and why didn't they call the police/FBI whoever. Finally someone called! Told the FBI he had the gun and what he said he was going to do with it. One would think this in addition to the online "professional school shooter" comment that had already been sent in would generate a response. It didn't.

As far as gun control everyone can kiss my ass. I'm not changing. Gun control only controls law abiding citizens. Even if you could take away every single gun in America by some magic wand wave criminals would still have them. Why? Because there is a market.

If they can smuggle untold quantities of drugs smuggling weapons would be 1000 times easier. Hell you can 3D print a .380 pistol or an AR15 receiver and that technology is just getting started. Pakistani's in the Khyber Pass turn out some very nice copies of many guns using nothing more than a file. They're easy to make and easy to smuggle. Dope dogs can sniff out dope but you cant sniff out gun parts. You cant see them mixed into any shipment of metallic parts.

That they will disappear is total bullshit.

Evil always finds a way. Not sure what fantasy world some people live in but it's not this one.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Disagree.

In how many attacks, right here on this board, have people commented that someone must have seen something and why didn't they call the police/FBI whoever. Finally someone called! Told the FBI he had the gun and what he said he was going to do with it. One would think this in addition to the online "professional school shooter" comment that had already been sent in would generate a response. It didn't.

As far as gun control everyone can kiss my ass. I'm not changing. Gun control only controls law abiding citizens. Even if you could take away every single gun in America by some magic wand wave criminals would still have them. Why? Because there is a market.

If they can smuggle untold quantities of drugs smuggling weapons would be 1000 times easier. Hell you can 3D print a .380 pistol or an AR15 receiver and that technology is just getting started. Pakistani's in the Khyber Pass turn out some very nice copies of many guns using nothing more than a file. They're easy to make and easy to smuggle. Dope dogs can sniff out dope but you cant sniff out gun parts. You cant see them mixed into any shipment of metallic parts.

Evil always finds a way. Not sure what fantasy world some people live in but it's not this one.
    That kind of attitude is what will lead to a confiscation.

HTH
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Disagree.

Seriously, Dog: You gotta stop with the slogans, canned NRA propaganda and platitudes.

You're blaming an intentional pre-meditated act on the purported negligence of a third party. Legally, you'd be laughed out of court with that shit and deservedly ridiculed as a fool. There's a million scenarios where the FBI would go apeshit over that tip and still fail to stop the shootings, so your duct-taped logical fallacy doesn't draw the straight line you want, and ain't helping you here in the least.

Ever heard of 20-20 hindsight? Christ.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Sledog said:

Disagree.

Seriously, Dog: You gotta stop with the slogans, canned NRA propaganda and platitudes.

You're blaming an intentional pre-meditated act on the purported negligence of a third party. Legally, you'd be laughed out of court with that shit and deservedly ridiculed as a fool. There's a million scenarios where the FBI would go apeshit over that tip and still fail to stop the shootings, so your duct-taped logical fallacy doesn't draw the straight line you want, and ain't helping you here in the least.

FYI that tip would be an absolute top priority at any law enforcement agency let alone the premier law enforcement agency in the country.

You're blaming the crime on the inanimate object and I'm the crazy one?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Disagree.

FYI that tip would be an absolute top priority at any law enforcement agency let alone the premier law enforcement agency in the country.

Show me one example where I blamed the shooting on the weapon.

Stop being a parrot.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Disagree.

Show me one example where I blamed the shooting on the weapon.

Stop being a parrot.
    Sledog pulls shit directly out of his ass constantly. He's always glad to argue with you about what you didn't say, and get all outraged about you (not) saying it.

He's a fucking donkey.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I agree bans are stupid and won't work. But just like restrictions that prevent full-autos on our streets, we can similarly reduce deadliness of ARs by limiting availability of hi-capacity magazines AND deputizing teachers and admins to shoot back to limit damage and save lives.
    Sleddy's going hysterical like a lot of guys do, fearful we're gonna take away his squirrel plunker, when we're not. Like I said, I practically brawled with my thick-skulled marine neighbor over this when he was on "Full NRA Auto-Response" and kept misquoting my words back to me, arguing against shit I never said. I finally put my hand on his shoulder and asked him "Are you deaf? Dumb? Or Both? I'm thinking Both!" He was less-than appreciative of that.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not reading this entire thread. Just gonna assume it's 13 pages of gun control debate. So I'm just gonna throw this out there:

Your odds of getting shot and killed at school (K-12) in the US is so ridiculously low that it's literally an irrational fear.

Also, your odds of being murdered with a gun (in any situation for all age groups) has decreased in the past 15 years or so.
  • Options

I agree bans are stupid and won't work. But just like restrictions that prevent full-autos on our streets, we can similarly reduce deadliness of ARs by limiting availability of hi-capacity magazines AND deputizing teachers and admins to shoot back to limit damage and save lives.
    Sleddy's going hysterical like a lot of guys do, fearful we're gonna take away his squirrel plunker, when we're not. Like I said, I practically brawled with my thick-skulled marine neighbor over this when he was on "Full NRA Auto-Response" and kept misquoting my words back to me, arguing against shit I never said. I finally put my hand on his shoulder and asked him "Are you deaf? Dumb? Or Both? I'm thinking Both!" He was less-than appreciative of that.

Your ideas are already in place in many places. They have never worked and never will. We have more than 20,000 gun laws and they have not worked. There are more than 300 million guns in the US and the number of magazines is far more than that and completely unknown. You can not magically get rid of them. Only the law abiding will comply. You know all this but still prattle on I will continue to disagree.

I'm glad you like the idea of armed responders among school staff. The story is there were two school resource police officers assigned to the school but the superintendent requested they not carry guns on campus. That was from an interview and I've been unable to locate it in print.

As a society we protect things with guns; presidents, movie stars, court houses, stores, banks, armored cars and even Husky games. Odd we want our schools not to be and they will continue to be targets until we change that. These people don't want a fight they want a slaughter. Defenseless victims are what they seek out and our schools are the biggest target.

Good opinion piece below.

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/index.php?itemid=445
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Your ideas are already in place in many places. They have never worked and never will. We have more than 20,000 gun laws and they have not worked. There are more than 300 million guns in the US and the number of magazines is far more than that and completely unknown. You can not magically get rid of them. Only the law abiding will comply. You know all this but still prattle on I will continue to disagree.

I'm glad you like the idea of armed responders among school staff. The story is there were two school resource police officers assigned to the school but the superintendent requested they not carry guns on campus. That was from an interview and I've been unable to locate it in print.

As a society we protect things with guns; presidents, movie stars, court houses, stores, banks, armored cars and even Husky games. Odd we want our schools not to be and they will continue to be targets until we change that. These people don't want a fight they want a slaughter. Defenseless victims are what they seek out and our schools are the biggest target.

Good opinion piece below.

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/index.php?itemid=445
    Even if every teacher was armed. That kid was going to shoot up the school regardless.

HTH
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Disagree.

And Pedos will always find kids to molest. I guess we should give up on that too.

Jeebus. The inability to abstract from one set of facts and examine one's own reasoning is astounding.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Blood's on the hands of the NRA and their bought lapdog politicians. No way to spin this, though I'm sure many here will try.

Ridiculous. So the builders of the trucks used to run people over were responsible? Anyone stabbed is the fault of the knife maker? Pry bars are therefore responsible for burglaries and spoons and forks for obesity? Why is it that the person committing a crime is always responsible unless there's a shooting and then it's the implements fault. Stupid liberal logic.

FBI blew this completely. This was in addition to the online tip about being a professional school shooter.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/16/fbi-mishandled-tip-about-florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-former-agent-reacts
    Trucks serve many fundamental societal purposes and it's not practical to get rid of them. It just really sn't. Pry bars are not immediately threatening to large groups of people and are thus irrelevant to this chat.

This is what the adults call judgment.

And for all that is holy, for the benefit of you and every other moron in my HS class with whom I made the mistake of connecting on FB: even the dumbest liberal on the planet is keenly aware that an inanimate object is not killing anyone. It's not liberal "logic"; it's dumb uneducated hillbilly rhetoric and it's bunked by wide acceptance of regulation of a thousand other outlawed 'things'.

The FBI blew it and will do so again. There are too many calls on which to follow up. We have to accept that as much as the reality that we can't round up all the guns.

Plutonium. Can't have it. Some do. We'll never round all of it up, but we still can't have it. I'm good with that restriction.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputies-called-to-suspected-shooters-home-39-times-over-seven-years/

I like to say it’s the FBI’s fault cuz it’s what I like to do. Not clear when Sheriff’s office called the FBI but I’m sure they must have.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I wonder why so many people go completely Sled over the 2nd amendment and the same constitutional protector heroes don’t seem to care much about the 4th amendment.

Pretty big mystery!

Judging by this thread it may be because no one seems to have read past the first 2 amendments to the constitution.

Or it may be another reason... just such a mystery!
  • Options
    I had already pointed out the police had been there in prior posts. Like I said there was failure on many levels including the suspect posting videos online of him cutting himself. That got a response and the psychologist thought he was stable enough to be left at home home.

This has to be stopped by defending our kids with firearms. How we do that can be worked out. This kid could have went further he stopped on his own.

I get them all including the 4th. Odd you think infringing on the 2nd is fine but not the forth. We can tit for tat all day but it's pointless.

When someone yells fire in a theater and causes a stampede killing people we should ban all speech in public right?

Maybe soccer lots of people stampeded at a few matches lets ban that shit!

We can not ban ourselves to safety.

So when someone rolls through with a handgun that has trained a bit will that be the next thing to ban?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls4Uq1aCiTA

Maybe we should ban dexterity.

I already showed what you can do with a simple revolver holding 6. You guys toss in all your guns since that's how you feel. I'm not. Me turning in my guns will not solve this problem as I would never commit such an act.

I wonder why the secret service doesn't disarm....just call the white house and all the capitol buildings a gun free zone. Problem solved. In fact call your own homes gun free zones, put a few signs up out front.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I can solve the school shooting epidemic in America with one statement: giant maganents on each and every school doorway.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

dflea said:

Eighteen school shootings this year.

This country is a fucking clown show.

Didn't anybody tell the shooter that's a GUN FREE ZONE ?!!1!
    Exactly! And our immigration problems would be solved if someone WOULD ENFORCE THE LAWS already on the books, and build a wall!

We have LAWS to protect us from ILLEGAL behavior and unwanted

I'm not reading this entire thread. Just gonna assume it's 13 pages of gun control debate. So I'm just gonna throw this out there:

Your odds of getting shot and killed at school (K-12) in the US is so ridiculously low that it's literally an irrational fear.

Also, your odds of being murdered with a gun (in any situation for all age groups) has decreased in the past 15 years or so.

I’m sure the parkland families will find great comfort in this great insight. And columbine. And sandy hook.

Statistically rare. Just rub some dirt in it. Get over it. We are moving on.