Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justin Flowe - 4* 2020 LB - Upland (HS), CA - (Offered 1/29/18)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

I'm loving the narrative. Absolutely loving it. See this is how recruiting is done. Doesn't matter if anything is true or not. Yet Ducks in this thread are butthurt. It really doesn't take much to plant the seed does it?

I don’t think anyone’s butthurt, you guys just sound like a bunch of fucking losers. As much as I hate to say it, most of you usually are pretty tight, so just trying to call it out before this place becomes dawgman 2.0
    this place is dawgman 2.0
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

I can't believe you doogs believe this shit.

I thought Cristobal was bringing in the SEC? This is SEC level shit.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    TommySQC said:

dtd said:

I thought Cristobal was bringing in the SEC? This is SEC level shit.
    Nobody should care. These are Pac 12 player awarded for crying out loud. If you’re all about individual awards, then win All American honors or GTFO.

If you care about conference awards from a conference that needs to be relegated, you have problems.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

I'm loving the narrative. Absolutely loving it. See this is how recruiting is done. Doesn't matter if anything is true or not. Yet Ducks in this thread are butthurt. It really doesn't take much to plant the seed does it?

I don’t think anyone’s butthurt, you guys just sound like a bunch of fucking losers. As much as I hate to say it, most of you usually are pretty tight, so just trying to call it out before this place becomes dawgman 2.0
    Moor pointedly, if internet narrative is to be believed, USC basically held up Jonah Tauanu'u from enrolling at Oregon by contesting his clearing house after essentially telling him he wasn't getting into Oregon and his options were USC or JC. They also dropped his friend they took in an effort to get him and used the qualifying scholarship it cleared to take Chris Steele. Not to mention, they tried to fight Devon Williams' transfer to Oregon on the grounds that an Oregon grad assistant used to be a USC grad assistant.

I buy Crystalball is playing dirty pool against them. I don't buy the dirty pool is only going one way in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have heard around 10 PAC12 coaching staffs recently state that UW coaches have been using race to try to get recruits. They also confirmed the rumors that they are very nasty, and no one likes them. Just what I am hearing. Don’t twist
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

You don't?

That's two different staffs saying the exact same thing that UO is playing the race card.

I don't see why it's hard to believe. The race card is pretty commonly played in just about ever scenario these days, why not in recruiting?
    Where did either staff say that?
    "Inside sources" fucking bullshit, but it seems like a "where there's smoke there's fire" kinda thing at this poont.
    The most likely scenario to me is that this usc poster knew about the OKKKG racist smear rumors and applied it to usc to appear “in the know”. No school out west has more fake insiders than sc. You go to any usc message board and there’s 4-5 nerds who pretend they’re in the know big time boosters. Problem is, the usc boosters who would actually know shit are all busy ass multi millionaires who don’t spend their days posting on TBS message boards
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dOgmaster said:

I have heard around 10 PAC12 coaching staffs recently state that UW coaches have been using race to try to get recruits. They also confirmed the rumors that they are very nasty, and no one likes them. Just what I am hearing. Don’t twist

Poor effort.

Try harder next time.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

Moor pointedly, if internet narrative is to be believed, USC basically held up Jonah Tauanu'u from enrolling at Oregon by contesting his clearing house after essentially telling him he wasn't getting into Oregon and his options were USC or JC. They also dropped his friend they took in an effort to get him and used the qualifying scholarship it cleared to take Chris Steele. Not to mention, they tried to fight Devon Williams' transfer to Oregon on the grounds that an Oregon grad assistant used to be a USC grad assistant.

I buy Crystalball is playing dirty pool against them. I don't buy the dirty pool is only going one way in any way shape or form.
    That's why Sonics literally said "if anybody deserves this it's Nansen".

Nobody (at HH anyway) is trying to paint SC as innocent victims here.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

Winners win, loser complain that winners are dirty
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd be THANKFUL

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

I don't think you're understanding the sentiment here. Most of us believe that Cristo is a dirty recruiter willing to do what it takes to get results. We also have no problem with that approach. That's what we want, especially since our "do it the right way" ethos has clearly hit its ceiling.

There's plenty of tea leaves here to read. There's been rumblings from multiple sources at different schools that Mario is willing to play the race card. The P12 awards were so egregiously ridiculous that you'd have to be blind to not see the hatred other coaches have for Mario. Quit denying it and embrace the role of the heel. You're winning baby, enjoy it.
    This

is not doogman

Its hardcore husky as @GreenRiverGatorz so adroitly points out
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2019
    FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

Winners win, loser complain that winners are dirty
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dtd said:

It is unbelievable that anyone could sell that line to anybody. JFC.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    whuggy said:

Rumor is Oregon race agin to land Flowe. If anyone deserves to get screwed, it's Johnny Nansen.

race agin?

Also, any truth that Ringo might have actually signed with Oregon?
    Yeah there's this perception in LA right now that Nansen favors poly linebackers for playing time and heard Oregon ran with that perception and used it to close. It also doesn't help that Flowe didn't have a great relationship with Nansen but man does Oregon will saying anything to get a recruit. I guess that what makes Mario a great closer. As far as Ringo, I have no clue.
    Doog post of the day. I guess you're back to "Golly gee. Washington is doing it the right way." JFC. It's almost like you don't know that recruiting is a competitive business.

Listen, I don't recall anybody ever bitching about Cristoball's recruiting tactics at any prior stop, and he's been a known quantity to me since the late 90s when he was instrumental in putting together one of the best talent runs at one program in cfb history. Didn't he get some award for being an elite recruiter at bama? At bama??? Nobody says anything off color down south, right? When he went with Schiano to Rutgers, he was stealing guys from the Florida big 3 left and right, and nobody, not even the Miami people, who are are most likely to be pissed about it, ever spread innuendo.

I've been saying this since the early scout days: few fans can curmudgeon and sour grape like a Washington Husky. Your last few posts have been @Ballz-level embarrassing.
    Guess we hit a nerve and someone cares. You always know you've hit home when someone says prove it. Have a nice day.
    No, we didn't hit a nerve.

And that's not a thing. Don't try to make it a thing. "Prove it" or GTFO is charity. It is a man trying to help out another man rinse sand from his vagina. It's me holding the hose for you. It's life coaching. It's education. It's me pointing out to you that whining about unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo started by a bunch of losers is loser talk and it's what losers do. Kim Grinolds is the Godfather of this movement. Sounds like you want to be a disciple, even though you have a real man here showing you the way back from being a loser twat. That's sad, man. That's real sad.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call him Meat the Cheat. More like Rotten Meat.

Things losers say.

• Options
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

You don't?

That's two different staffs saying the exact same thing that UO is playing the race card.

I don't see why it's hard to believe. The race card is pretty commonly played in just about ever scenario these days, why not in recruiting?
    Where did either staff say that?
    "Inside sources" fucking bullshit, but it seems like a "where there's smoke there's fire" kinda thing at this poont.
    Things losers say. You been hanging out with Grinolds again? Whuggy is one thing. I thought you were better.
  • Options

I'd be THANKFUL

ntxduck said:

whuggy said:

I don't think you're understanding the sentiment here. Most of us believe that Cristo is a dirty recruiter willing to do what it takes to get results. We also have no problem with that approach. That's what we want, especially since our "do it the right way" ethos has clearly hit its ceiling.

There's plenty of tea leaves here to read. There's been rumblings from multiple sources at different schools that Mario is willing to play the race card. The P12 awards were so egregiously ridiculous that you'd have to be blind to not see the hatred other coaches have for Mario. Quit denying it and embrace the role of the heel. You're winning baby, enjoy it.
    This

is not doogman

Its hardcore husky as @GreenRiverGatorz so adroitly points out
    Chinned for use of "adroit".

A tragically under-used word in languich.