Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justin Flowe - 4* 2020 LB - Upland (HS), CA - (Offered 1/29/18)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

whuggy said:

I think it's fair to say Oregon has recruited slightly better than us in recent years. I also think it's fair to say that with all the talent in Washington in the 2021and 2022 classes, if UW doesn't have a better classes than the Ducks in those years then that would be a failure.

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

I think it's fair to say Oregon has recruited slightly better than us in recent years. I also think it's fair to say that with all the talent in Washington in the 2021and 2022 classes, if UW doesn't have a better classes than the Ducks in those years then that would be a failure.

I thought it was pretty much neck and neck the last three years - this year included. We don't have a talent disparity with Oregon. We have poor in game coaching and no hair on our balls.
    Really trying to understand where this narrative of Oregon Out recruiting UW over the last few years has come from. Because it’s been neck and neck. Oregon some higher rated kids, UW more depth in Blue Chips.

It’s been shit coaching and lack of development and playing some shitty older players over giving young dudes a chance.

And those numbers are even better when you look at 247 and not composite.
    I appreciate you and @dnc trying to keep it real but I;m not sure saying we have more talent and still lose to them and go 7-5 because our coaches suck makes me feel much better

I've seen these tweets even though I don't follow recruiting. Then I see our DAWGS look worse on the field. Fuck
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

I thought it was pretty much neck and neck the last three years - this year included. We don't have a talent disparity with Oregon. We have poor in game coaching and no hair on our balls.
    Really trying to understand where this narrative of Oregon Out recruiting UW over the last few years has come from. Because it’s been neck and neck. Oregon some higher rated kids, UW more depth in Blue Chips.

It’s been shit coaching and lack of development and playing some shitty older players over giving young dudes a chance.

I appreciate you and @dnc trying to keep it real but I;m not sure saying we have more talent and still lose to them and go 7-5 because our coaches suck makes me feel much better

I've seen these tweets even though I don't follow recruiting. Then I see our DAWGS look worse on the field. Fuck
    I mean we're talking entirely UW freshman in those two classes referenced.

We are close.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2019

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

That's why I used the words "slightly better". It's not just about raw numbers which are totally open to anyone's perception since they are numbers created by so called experts. It's like Neighbor says the national narrative is that Oregon is knocking it out of the park while UW largely flies under the radar. That narrative or perception, whether true or not, has a lot of value in future recruiting. That is why I'm gonna stick with the words "slightly better".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    right now Oregon's class is pretty light aside from the two 5 stars. I wouldn't call their class as a whole anything special.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

right now Oregon's class is pretty light aside from the two 5 stars. I wouldn't call their class as a whole anything special.

@BearsWiin ???? True????
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

In Race's defense, you have to take context into consideration:

> Washington thinks it's the king of the North. So naturally, all else being equal, a kid will pick Washington just because Washington.

> Washington had the best coach in the Pac 12. Oregon has had two shit coaches in a row since Kelley and a new guy named Meat who is an overrated recruiter (because Bama recruits itself) with no proven track record.

> Washington has been stable since 2015, won the conference multiple tims and has been to NY6 bowls, while Oregon has been a shit show, going 4-8 just 5 minutes ago.

Against THAT backdrop, yes, Oregon has kicked Washington's ass. Said another way, what will this look like if it turns out Meat can coach and Oregon wins a little more?