Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justin Flowe - 4* 2020 LB - Upland (HS), CA - (Offered 1/29/18)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rumor is Oregon brought up race again to land Flowe. If anyone deserves to get screwed, it's Johnny Nansen.

Damn.

Mario is like if @Dennis_DeYoung or @LaMichael_Corleone were college coaches.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Rumor is Oregon brought up race again to land Flowe. If anyone deserves to get screwed, it's Johnny Nansen.

Is that what you're hearing from Kim's hot blonde intern?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Glad I came to the thread late to see @RaceBannon & @dnc make up as I scrolled, rather than have to wait agonized minutes
  • Options

Rumor is Oregon race agin to land Flowe. If anyone deserves to get screwed, it's Johnny Nansen.

race agin?

Also, any truth that Ringo might have actually signed with Oregon?
    Yeah there's this perception in LA right now that Nansen favors poly linebackers for playing time and heard Oregon ran with that perception and used it to close. It also doesn't help that Flowe didn't have a great relationship with Nansen but man does Oregon will saying anything to get a recruit. I guess that what makes Mario a great closer. As far as Ringo, I have no clue.
    Doog post of the day. I guess you're back to "Golly gee. Washington is doing it the right way." JFC. It's almost like you don't know that recruiting is a competitive business.

Listen, I don't recall anybody ever bitching about Cristoball's recruiting tactics at any prior stop, and he's been a known quantity to me since the late 90s when he was instrumental in putting together one of the best talent runs at one program in cfb history. Didn't he get some award for being an elite recruiter at bama? At bama??? Nobody says anything off color down south, right? When he went with Schiano to Rutgers, he was stealing guys from the Florida big 3 left and right, and nobody, not even the Miami people, who are are most likely to be pissed about it, ever spread innuendo.

I've been saying this since the early scout days: few fans can curmudgeon and sour grape like a Washington Husky. Your last few posts have been @Ballz-level embarrassing.
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

I think it's fair to say Oregon has recruited slightly better than us in recent years. I also think it's fair to say that with all the talent in Washington in the 2021and 2022 classes, if UW doesn't have a better classes than the Ducks in those years then that would be a failure.

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

I think it's fair to say Oregon has recruited slightly better than us in recent years. I also think it's fair to say that with all the talent in Washington in the 2021and 2022 classes, if UW doesn't have a better classes than the Ducks in those years then that would be a failure.

I thought it was pretty much neck and neck the last three years - this year included. We don't have a talent disparity with Oregon. We have poor in game coaching and no hair on our balls.
    Really trying to understand where this narrative of Oregon Out recruiting UW over the last few years has come from. Because it’s been neck and neck. Oregon some higher rated kids, UW more depth in Blue Chips.

It’s been shit coaching and lack of development and playing some shitty older players over giving young dudes a chance.

And those numbers are even better when you look at 247 and not composite.
    In Race's defense, you have to take context into consideration:

> Washington thinks it's the king of the North. So naturally, all else being equal, a kid will pick Washington just because Washington.

> Washington had the best coach in the Pac 12. Oregon has had two shit coaches in a row since Kelley and a new guy named Meat who is an overrated recruiter (because Bama recruits itself) with no proven track record.

> Washington has been stable since 2015, won the conference multiple tims and has been to NY6 bowls, while Oregon has been a shit show, going 4-8 just 5 minutes ago.

Against THAT backdrop, yes, Oregon has kicked Washington's ass. Said another way, what will this look like if it turns out Meat can coach and Oregon wins a little more?

The other side of that which you better believe is on the table is that there is now a role reversal. UW got recruited against Jimmy Lake possibly leaving. Now that switches to Mario and Miami/Bama.
    Bama? I'm not sure I'd want someone stupid enuff to believe that, even by teen boy football standards. Miami? Eh, I joke about it, but is that really going to happen?

And that's a lot of Jimmy. I'm not sure the rest of the world was as enamored with him as this crowd has been.

We shall see what he's made of now. But I don't think this or that coach leaving is a huge recruiting issue. Maybe it is; I don't know. I just know that it's a good problem to have.
    Diaz hanging on by a thread. Saban ain't got much longer. Whether Mario is a candidate or not doesn't matter. Other teams will now use it to recruit against him. Tables are turned.
    I get the sense that you think this is a bigger deal than it really is. Let's just quit pulling each other's dicks on these marginal issues and get to the fucking heart of the matter: Washington has had all the momentum over Oregon as a program with every conceivable advantage the last several years, and despite that Oregon is, at worst, going toe to toe with Washington in recruiting. But now you want to hyper-focus on one potential narrative out of an entire sea of bullshit that gets regularly said during all recruiting processes?

Ok! Sounds scary for Oregon. Bottom line is really fucking simple, yet eludes doogs: Cristobal can simply recruit like a mother fucker. Period. Everybody outside of doogville knew that before he showed up. He did it at Miami, he did it at Rutgers and he did it at Bama. But now that Oregon can't scare recruits into thinking that Washington's "meh" one-season D coordinator who had a nice run with DBs isn't leaving, it's game on! Lolz. I don't think "Jimmy's leaving" is the secret sauce, but what do I know?
    Everything matters. Big or little. Mario can recruit. No doubt. The guy's willing to play any card. That's why the other conference coaches hate him. Just saying the Jimmy leaving card is out of the deck now and the race card that has been played is also gone. Neither one of us can predict the future as to the effect other than he's gonna have to work a little harder to negatively recruit UW now. I think we can probably agree on that.
    These dirty tactics are very coming in other major conferences. The Pac 12 will have to adjust. There's winning the right way, and just flat out winning. Everybody wants to win the right way, but people will settle for just flat out winning.
    There is nothing dirty going on. None of these doogs have ever been in a room with Jimmy Slickballz or Tosh or any other Husky recruiter and vetted what's come out of their mouths.

Prove it or shut up.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Rumor is Oregon race agin to land Flowe. If anyone deserves to get screwed, it's Johnny Nansen.

race agin?

Yeah there's this perception in LA right now that Nansen favors poly linebackers for playing time and heard Oregon ran with that perception and used it to close. It also doesn't help that Flowe didn't have a great relationship with Nansen but man does Oregon will saying anything to get a recruit. I guess that what makes Mario a great closer. As far as Ringo, I have no clue.
    Doog post of the day. I guess you're back to "Golly gee. Washington is doing it the right way." JFC. It's almost like you don't know that recruiting is a competitive business.

Listen, I don't recall anybody ever bitching about Cristoball's recruiting tactics at any prior stop, and he's been a known quantity to me since the late 90s when he was instrumental in putting together one of the best talent runs at one program in cfb history. Didn't he get some award for being an elite recruiter at bama? At bama??? Nobody says anything off color down south, right? When he went with Schiano to Rutgers, he was stealing guys from the Florida big 3 left and right, and nobody, not even the Miami people, who are are most likely to be pissed about it, ever spread innuendo.

I've been saying this since the early scout days: few fans can curmudgeon and sour grape like a Washington Husky. Your last few posts have been @Ballz-level embarrassing.
    Everyone pays. Who cares?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

I thought it was pretty much neck and neck the last three years - this year included. We don't have a talent disparity with Oregon. We have poor in game coaching and no hair on our balls.
    Really trying to understand where this narrative of Oregon Out recruiting UW over the last few years has come from. Because it’s been neck and neck. Oregon some higher rated kids, UW more depth in Blue Chips.

It’s been shit coaching and lack of development and playing some shitty older players over giving young dudes a chance.

> Washington thinks it's the king of the North. So naturally, all else being equal, a kid will pick Washington just because Washington.

> Washington had the best coach in the Pac 12. Oregon has had two shit coaches in a row since Kelley and a new guy named Meat who is an overrated recruiter (because Bama recruits itself) with no proven track record.

> Washington has been stable since 2015, won the conference multiple tims and has been to NY6 bowls, while Oregon has been a shit show, going 4-8 just 5 minutes ago.

Against THAT backdrop, yes, Oregon has kicked Washington's ass. Said another way, what will this look like if it turns out Meat can coach and Oregon wins a little more?

The other side of that which you better believe is on the table is that there is now a role reversal. UW got recruited against Jimmy Lake possibly leaving. Now that switches to Mario and Miami/Bama.
    Bama? I'm not sure I'd want someone stupid enuff to believe that, even by teen boy football standards. Miami? Eh, I joke about it, but is that really going to happen?

And that's a lot of Jimmy. I'm not sure the rest of the world was as enamored with him as this crowd has been.

We shall see what he's made of now. But I don't think this or that coach leaving is a huge recruiting issue. Maybe it is; I don't know. I just know that it's a good problem to have.
    Diaz hanging on by a thread. Saban ain't got much longer. Whether Mario is a candidate or not doesn't matter. Other teams will now use it to recruit against him. Tables are turned.
    I get the sense that you think this is a bigger deal than it really is. Let's just quit pulling each other's dicks on these marginal issues and get to the fucking heart of the matter: Washington has had all the momentum over Oregon as a program with every conceivable advantage the last several years, and despite that Oregon is, at worst, going toe to toe with Washington in recruiting. But now you want to hyper-focus on one potential narrative out of an entire sea of bullshit that gets regularly said during all recruiting processes?

Ok! Sounds scary for Oregon. Bottom line is really fucking simple, yet eludes doogs: Cristobal can simply recruit like a mother fucker. Period. Everybody outside of doogville knew that before he showed up. He did it at Miami, he did it at Rutgers and he did it at Bama. But now that Oregon can't scare recruits into thinking that Washington's "meh" one-season D coordinator who had a nice run with DBs isn't leaving, it's game on! Lolz. I don't think "Jimmy's leaving" is the secret sauce, but what do I know?
    Everything matters. Big or little. Mario can recruit. No doubt. The guy's willing to play any card. That's why the other conference coaches hate him. Just saying the Jimmy leaving card is out of the deck now and the race card that has been played is also gone. Neither one of us can predict the future as to the effect other than he's gonna have to work a little harder to negatively recruit UW now. I think we can probably agree on that.
    These dirty tactics are very coming in other major conferences. The Pac 12 will have to adjust. There's winning the right way, and just flat out winning. Everybody wants to win the right way, but people will settle for just flat out winning.
    There is nothing dirty going on. None of these doogs have ever been in a room with Jimmy Slickballz or Tosh or any other Husky recruiter and vetted what's come out of their mouths.

Prove it or shut up.
    You're over your skis here

Recruiting is a contact sport

• Options

race agin?

Huh?
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

Prove it or shut up.

I don't ski anymore, but it would seem your second comment is commensurate with my hot take.

I'm always happier when we agree.
  • Options

race agin?

Huh?
    It was TL;DR poast but most doogs insinuate every time Oregon gets a guy or we lose out on a guy that they got a bag.

Everyone pays. Even Worshington.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

whuggy said:

Prove it or shut up.

I don't ski anymore, but it would seem your second comment is commensurate with my hot take.

I'm always happier when we agree.
    We do. Complaining about Oregon is stupid

Try harder pay more do whatever

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

race agin?

Guess we hit a nerve and someone cares. You always know you've hit home when someone says prove it. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

This sounds familiar. Maybe Wilner was on to something when he implied all the other Pac12 coaches had an axe to grind with Cristoballz

@insinceredawg twattable?
  • Options

This sounds familiar. Maybe Wilner was on to something when he implied all the other Pac12 coaches had an axe to grind with Cristoballz

If true, if USC was USC this wouldn’t have worked. It’s sad to see how far USC has fallen.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,080
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can't believe you doogs believe this shit.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Our boy cfbquotes is already working on it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

Believe's got nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

Believe's got nothing to do with it.
    Nor does deserve