Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete not making friends with the FS high schools

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

In state kids are fucking shitty.

They expect the local school to bend over backwards even if they don't want to go there or the kid isn't a p5 talent.

Fuck them all. I hope we never take a 3 star in state kid again.

You're ASU. Three star in state recruits are the best a program like that can hope to get.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In state kids are fucking shitty.

They expect the local school to bend over backwards even if they don't want to go there or the kid isn't a p5 talent.

Fuck them all. I hope we never take a 3 star in state kid again.

Taylor Rapp hater ^
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

7 pages of pontificating on some dumbass coach moutheing off about his shit D-2 level player not getting a UW offer

That’s the power of message boreds for you. Everyone thinks their opinion means something.
    Alternate spelling
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The thing that you are missing @dnc is that if you aren’t actively monitoring what is going on around you that by the time you recognize that there is a problem it’s way too fucking late.

Why do you think that Pepsi, Dennis, and I railed so hard on Pease? Strausser? Malloe?

When you see trending that isn’t looking good you better damn well start course correcting. Malloe looks to be doing ok. Pease and Strausser never did. K is taking recruiting more seriously than ever.

Asking “why” every once in a while and being forward looking matters. If you are doing it right, you don’t need the results to tell you that you are successful because you already know what the results are going to be.

Nobody was tougher on Pease and Strausser (after they were let go) than Tequilla.
    I don't remember on Pease but Teq was definitely hard on Strausser toward the end of his tenure here.
    Yes, coincidentally the same time he went from #1 doog to DDY's head minion. Strange.
    That’s downright laughable ... anybody that has ever been in the same room as Dennis and I know that the reason our discussions are so good is because while we share so many similar principles that we approach problems and issues from different perspectives.
    LOL
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Slmdawg said:

Even though Kalepo is now committed, remember that the talk when he was first offered, that UW only offered because the Ducks came in first.

yeah, fuckheads
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

more:

Also, Willie Lyles-Taggart kind of fucked us? big time this year in that he recruits like Sark, which was great in that we got a bunch of kids from Florida to actually consider Oregon but he neglected the fuck out of the home state. Helfrich wasn't much better (Herbert was literally a last-minute, throw-away offer).

So now, Oregon had one of the best years of D-1A production that I can remember. According to the 247fags the state produced 18 3-star kids.

How many are headed to Oregon: 4. And one of those might not make it in, and another may yet flip to one of the SoCal schools.

Most importantly, the state's one legit 5-star is headed out of state.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck.gif

@puppylove_sugarsteel still doesn't want Oregon in 2018
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    so helfrich doesn't get credit for herbert now?

imagine if adams didn't get injured in 2015 and oregon played in the playoffs 2x in a row
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

so helfrich doesn't get credit for herbert now?

imagine if adams didn't get injured in 2015 and oregon played in the playoffs 2x in a row

Knowing the inside story on Herbert's recruitment, he gets none of the credit. Your boy Lubick recruitied him. Helf gets props for getting Adams. Helf put all his eggs in the Dakota Prukop basket, knowing that Travis Jonsen's injury pretty much fucked him. Terry Wilson was the non-throw-away QB recruit in 2016 that got inexplicably beat out by hometown legend Herbert. Wilson was a damn good prospect who decided to take his talents to JUCO. He'll be starting for Kentucky this fall, probably.

Herbert's other offers besides Oregon were Portland State, NAU, and Montana State. EWU was holding off on offering him. So was UW.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2018

You know who thought he could tell coaches to go fuck themselves and still win? Lambo.

Lambo could not get one decent fucking black player out of Washington at the end of his career. You guys don't remember that?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I might be more worried if Lambo was the caliber of coach that ever won a Pac12 championship and got us into the playoffs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you remember Rick's first team with Lambo players we had three Wes Welker types at wideout
  • Options
    dnc said:

I love all you fuckbags in this thread calling the RB/Garf coaches morons - as if that fixes thing. Sure! They're morons! Done!

OF COURSE THEY'RE FUCKING MORONS. THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES AND 90% OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ARE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE FUCKS.

I've never met a person who spent considerable time in athletics who wasn't overly sensitive. It's the price you pay to be in a weird cult.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Three things:

1. Right or wrong, it makes no fucking difference. This shit represents a serious threat to Pete and his staff's ability to land the kind of players we need.

2. This modern era of 'tell them to go fuck themselves' is Marvel Movie blustery bullshit. You want to draw 5mil from UW every year? This is part of that job. It's a fucking disgrace that our populous now thinks that pragmatism is stupid and posing like you're in a fucking Batman movie is the way to get things done.

3. Last, it's not just Beach and Garfield that feel this way. As long as UW is handing out offers like candy to out of state kids (see the past week) and waiting to offer in state kids (again, see the past week) this will be a perception. I know for a fact that this is a narrative that's developed ACROSS THE STATE in the last year or so. This is just the beginning of this.

-----

Again, I think Beach is FS for this tweet. OBVIOUSLY. Fucking Kalepo is committed. Fucking WSU passed on all those kids too. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

I think Thomas is FS, but you guys are fucking complete morons about this tough guy shit. Being a head football coach, you have to be a diplomat as well. This may not hurt us this or next year, but when 2020 and 2021 roll around, if this shit metastasizes, we are going to be fucked by this for no reason.

It's a fucking battle of egos. Who gives a shit?

Just do whatever it takes to make these people feel like you give in-state players the first and most serious look. Go over your process with all the head coaches. Try and help these coaches get jobs at colleges. Whatever.

I don't like it, but it's part of the job.

Pete's gotta deal with it one way or another.

I love you with all my heart but fuck you are the biggest drama queen I know and I'm married. To a woman.
    One of my better efforts rather easily.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The idea of Pete not wanting local kids is like Tequilla saying that Lake was hurting the program. Fucking stupid.

This aged well
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The idea of Pete not wanting local kids is like Tequilla saying that Lake was hurting the program. Fucking stupid.

FUCK OFF

I NEVER said that Lake was hurting the program ... get your fucking facts straight
    As the thread went at the time, I noted that Jimmy continuing to play the program for his career advancement was going to effectively fuck UW and his ability to recruit

Let’s just say Jimmy bombed at a level of spectacular that it’s almost impossible to even foresee
  • Options
    The real takeaway of this thread is that shit happens and turns quick in the world of CFB

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The real takeaway of this thread is that shit happens and turns quick in the world of CFB

Indeed, that's why you don't F around with mediocre to shitty coaches and staff, give them a few yrs and evaluate, fire everyone, and repeat, until you get a gem...then you pay n play the game
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

FUCK OFF

I NEVER said that Lake was hurting the program ... get your fucking facts straight
    As the thread went at the time, I noted that Jimmy continuing to play the program for his career advancement was going to effectively fuck UW and his ability to recruit

Let’s just say Jimmy bombed at a level of spectacular that it’s almost impossible to even foresee
    It ended being a surprisingly solid take by you. If we hired another good DB coach, we would have been better off with him leaving after 2016.