Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete not making friends with the FS high schools

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The thing that you are missing @dnc is that if you aren’t actively monitoring what is going on around you that by the time you recognize that there is a problem it’s way too fucking late.

Why do you think that Pepsi, Dennis, and I railed so hard on Pease? Strausser? Malloe?

When you see trending that isn’t looking good you better damn well start course correcting. Malloe looks to be doing ok. Pease and Strausser never did. K is taking recruiting more seriously than ever.

Asking “why” every once in a while and being forward looking matters. If you are doing it right, you don’t need the results to tell you that you are successful because you already know what the results are going to be.

Nobody was tougher on Pease and Strausser (after they were let go) than Tequilla.
    I don't remember on Pease but Teq was definitely hard on Strausser toward the end of his tenure here.
    Yes, coincidentally the same time he went from #1 doog to DDY's head minion. Strange.
    That’s downright laughable ... anybody that has ever been in the same room as Dennis and I know that the reason our discussions are so good is because while we share so many similar principles that we approach problems and issues from different perspectives.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

I love all you fuckbags in this thread calling the RB/Garf coaches morons - as if that fixes thing. Sure! They're morons! Done!

OF COURSE THEY'RE FUCKING MORONS. THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES AND 90% OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ARE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE FUCKS.

I've never met a person who spent considerable time in athletics who wasn't overly sensitive. It's the price you pay to be in a weird cult.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Three things:

1. Right or wrong, it makes no fucking difference. This shit represents a serious threat to Pete and his staff's ability to land the kind of players we need.

2. This modern era of 'tell them to go fuck themselves' is Marvel Movie blustery bullshit. You want to draw 5mil from UW every year? This is part of that job. It's a fucking disgrace that our populous now thinks that pragmatism is stupid and posing like you're in a fucking Batman movie is the way to get things done.

3. Last, it's not just Beach and Garfield that feel this way. As long as UW is handing out offers like candy to out of state kids (see the past week) and waiting to offer in state kids (again, see the past week) this will be a perception. I know for a fact that this is a narrative that's developed ACROSS THE STATE in the last year or so. This is just the beginning of this.

-----

Again, I think Beach is FS for this tweet. OBVIOUSLY. Fucking Kalepo is committed. Fucking WSU passed on all those kids too. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

I think Thomas is FS, but you guys are fucking complete morons about this tough guy shit. Being a head football coach, you have to be a diplomat as well. This may not hurt us this or next year, but when 2020 and 2021 roll around, if this shit metastasizes, we are going to be fucked by this for no reason.

It's a fucking battle of egos. Who gives a shit?

Just do whatever it takes to make these people feel like you give in-state players the first and most serious look. Go over your process with all the head coaches. Try and help these coaches get jobs at colleges. Whatever.

I don't like it, but it's part of the job.

Pete's gotta deal with it one way or another.

I love you with all my heart but fuck you are the biggest drama queen I know and I'm married. To a woman.
    @swaye know about dis?!
    Just like I know about CLS. And Big Red. And Singapore Happy Endings ladyboi.

Ours is an open relationship.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The thing that you are missing @dnc is that if you aren’t actively monitoring what is going on around you that by the time you recognize that there is a problem it’s way too fucking late.

Why do you think that Pepsi, Dennis, and I railed so hard on Pease? Strausser? Malloe?

When you see trending that isn’t looking good you better damn well start course correcting. Malloe looks to be doing ok. Pease and Strausser never did. K is taking recruiting more seriously than ever.

Asking “why” every once in a while and being forward looking matters. If you are doing it right, you don’t need the results to tell you that you are successful because you already know what the results are going to be.

No, what you're missing is that this is common fucking sense and praise be to Allah Pete has shown this ability. I have confidence he'll course correct as needed because he's course corrected thus far. That's why the Lambo comp is FS. Lambo never showed that ability.

I have no problem with people pointing things out or questioning things or hypothesizing how they should be handled. Some people get too hysterical with it and far too confident in their own explanations of the "why" and expect others to take them as gospel.

They're not.
    The Lambo comparison is about how he lost in-state recruiting (particularly for AA players) ...

Sark lost in-state recruiting as well ...

We routinely produce between 5-10 D1 caliber P5 recruits a year ... our foundation is always those players ...

We clearly realize we need to increase the quality of our recruiting classes to compete nationally. What we can’t do is lose focus of our foundation in that pursuit. It’s a delicate line.
    I get it.

I'm just saying Pete's not going to lose in state recruiting. Lambo didn't win at a high level and Sark didn't win at a high level or develop talent well for the next level. Pete's a better coach than either of them AND better at getting his kids big contracts. He might be a stubborn prideful dude, but he's not FS like Lambo or Sark.

In state recruiting will be fine in 2019 and good to great in 2020 and 2021.
    Totally missing the point ...

Lambo was an arrogant prick that didn’t keep up with the times and just expected in-state kids to come to Washington

Sark was a used car salesman that came off as a lying sack of shit with zero credibility ... add to it his preference for Cali kids and there you go

In both cases on field performance was far from the only issue
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

I love all you fuckbags in this thread calling the RB/Garf coaches morons - as if that fixes thing. Sure! They're morons! Done!

OF COURSE THEY'RE FUCKING MORONS. THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES AND 90% OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ARE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE FUCKS.

I've never met a person who spent considerable time in athletics who wasn't overly sensitive. It's the price you pay to be in a weird cult.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Three things:

1. Right or wrong, it makes no fucking difference. This shit represents a serious threat to Pete and his staff's ability to land the kind of players we need.

2. This modern era of 'tell them to go fuck themselves' is Marvel Movie blustery bullshit. You want to draw 5mil from UW every year? This is part of that job. It's a fucking disgrace that our populous now thinks that pragmatism is stupid and posing like you're in a fucking Batman movie is the way to get things done.

3. Last, it's not just Beach and Garfield that feel this way. As long as UW is handing out offers like candy to out of state kids (see the past week) and waiting to offer in state kids (again, see the past week) this will be a perception. I know for a fact that this is a narrative that's developed ACROSS THE STATE in the last year or so. This is just the beginning of this.

-----

Again, I think Beach is FS for this tweet. OBVIOUSLY. Fucking Kalepo is committed. Fucking WSU passed on all those kids too. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

I think Thomas is FS, but you guys are fucking complete morons about this tough guy shit. Being a head football coach, you have to be a diplomat as well. This may not hurt us this or next year, but when 2020 and 2021 roll around, if this shit metastasizes, we are going to be fucked by this for no reason.

It's a fucking battle of egos. Who gives a shit?

Just do whatever it takes to make these people feel like you give in-state players the first and most serious look. Go over your process with all the head coaches. Try and help these coaches get jobs at colleges. Whatever.

I don't like it, but it's part of the job.

Pete's gotta deal with it one way or another.

I love you with all my heart but fuck you are the biggest drama queen I know and I'm married. To a woman.
    @swaye know about dis?!
    Just like I know about CLS. And Big Red. And Singapore Happy Endings ladyboi.

Ours is an open relationship.
    *Goes to check the wham...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

No, what you're missing is that this is common fucking sense and praise be to Allah Pete has shown this ability. I have confidence he'll course correct as needed because he's course corrected thus far. That's why the Lambo comp is FS. Lambo never showed that ability.

I have no problem with people pointing things out or questioning things or hypothesizing how they should be handled. Some people get too hysterical with it and far too confident in their own explanations of the "why" and expect others to take them as gospel.

They're not.
    The Lambo comparison is about how he lost in-state recruiting (particularly for AA players) ...

Sark lost in-state recruiting as well ...

We routinely produce between 5-10 D1 caliber P5 recruits a year ... our foundation is always those players ...

We clearly realize we need to increase the quality of our recruiting classes to compete nationally. What we can’t do is lose focus of our foundation in that pursuit. It’s a delicate line.
    I get it.

I'm just saying Pete's not going to lose in state recruiting. Lambo didn't win at a high level and Sark didn't win at a high level or develop talent well for the next level. Pete's a better coach than either of them AND better at getting his kids big contracts. He might be a stubborn prideful dude, but he's not FS like Lambo or Sark.

In state recruiting will be fine in 2019 and good to great in 2020 and 2021.
    Totally missing the point ...

Lambo was an arrogant prick that didn’t keep up with the times and just expected in-state kids to come to Washington

Sark was a used car salesman that came off as a lying sack of shit with zero credibility ... add to it his preference for Cali kids and there you go

In both cases on field performance was far from the only issue
    No shit.

"(Pete) might be a stubborn prideful dude, but he's not FS like Lambo or Sark."
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I just skimmed this thread so fuck off if anyone mentioned. But I feel like Pete has a 2019 OT recruit from Ranier beach committed.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I just skimmed this thread so fuck off if anyone mentioned. But I feel like Pete has a 2019 OT recruit from Ranier beach committed.

• Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DDY is correct and extremely entertaining as always. Please make the podcast to whine and cackle about it. What's taking so long to make the podcast. Been waiting for the podcast for so long. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

I stopped reading part way through page 2

Smartest thing anyone's said in the thread
    Huh?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DDY is correct and extremely entertaining as always. Please make the podcast to whine and cackle about it. What's taking so long to make the podcast. Been waiting for the podcast for so long. Thanks in advance.

It's everyone's fault but mine.
  • Options
    BlastDoor said:

it's just funny because DDY does not acknowledge Tequilla at all, but Tequilla needs to remember people that he and DDY share the same idea on every fucking post.

that said, I can see both points. there is no reason why kids like Justus Legg doesn't have a offer right now, because everyone knows he will end on UW. ditto for Bailey Elder. also, I would start giving some PWO offers to some of those average in-state kids, so UW can say: hey, we gave them a shot, they didn't want to compete.

but the relevant news is that there is a recruit called aj vongphachanh. what the fuck.

Dennis started this discussion and giving him the credit for so doing ...

I do find it amusing though when Dennis and I have basically the same point and 81% of you lap that shit up while if I say it I get the full rotten tomato treatment.
  • Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I think there's really 2 different issues going on here.

On one hand you have a guy like Harrison who is no secret, a power 5 guy, everyone knows it including UW, and for whatever reason he may not end up here. That's an issue that the Huskies need to immediately address.

On the other hand are guys that may be under recruited due to their living and playing in the PNW. We all know that the ultimate national expression of Doogism is 247(Scout). We all know that if we took some of the kids from the PNW and magically dropped them into So Cal, their value in 247 would be a star higher, and with that, the attention from colleges. We rely on UW, being the local Power 5 school, to find these guys. The HS football community gets frustrated when they don't. UW probably gets sucked up into the 247 vortex like every other big school.

You know who not only loves but lives off of that fact?? Eastern Washington.

It also looks bad when SC (Nansen) comes up to offer 4 2020 & 2021 Eastside Catholic kids right under UWs nose. That certainly doesn't help the idea that UW doesn't see the local guys first.