Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete not making friends with the FS high schools

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

2. The black kid thing - you're not black so you don't get it. That's really all I can say when you say preposterous shit like that. UW missed on Tre'Shaun this year, Conner last year... but if you think that Thomas isn't tapping into some general resentment and anger there is in the SEA toward UW, you are a fucking moron. And it's not JUST black kids, but it's particularly black kids. You can say it SHOULDN'T be that way and you will pretend the way is the world you want it to be, but that doesn't mean fucking shit.

What did I say that's preposterous about black kids? Literally all I said is he's gotten every black kid he wanted except Connor. And he has.

To misquote @NorwegianHusky "How are you writing all of these replies to dnc when you clearly don't know how to fucking read? You're ascribing opinions to him that he doesn't have."

And we'll just have to agree to disagree on Jimmy Lake. He got Gordon and Hampton signed before the promotion. They didn't promote him because he can't recruit now. They promoted him because if they didn't he would have gotten the promotion somewhere else.

And you talked to one high school coach so therefore you think there's a narrative growing throughout the state. This is the problem with inside information. People think one person who knows a little means a whole lot more than it does.

HS coaches may not love Pete.That's not going to keep their kids from coming to UW when UW wants them.
    It's not one coach man.

It's pretty much every in state coach I know and have heard from... maybe 15?

Also AGAIN I'm not saying they're right...

But, look at this last week... we offered 20 out of state kids and ZERO in-state kids.

Now *I UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE DOING THAT* - got it - do you get it? I DENNIS DEYOUNG PERSONALLY UNDERSTAND IT...

...but I guarantee you there is a lot of butthurt at schools when they see people from fucking Kansas tweeting out offers from UW and UW has literally offered TWO in-state kids.

These schools are 'inner shitty' 'suburban' 'rural' traditionally good, not so much, etc.

You think Sumner feels great about the way they treated Ben Wilson? lol fuck no.

Now, IDGAF about Ben Wilson. I would have taken him, but I like Tafisi better. Whatever... it doesn't fucking matter. But they offered some fireplug out of TX instead of Ben, then when that shit went south and it looked like they weren't going to get Kaho, they initiated contact with Ben after not talking with him consistently for months.

That's the shit that got Sark ex-communicated locally. This is a fickle fucking place.

The same reason UW can basically sweep everyone is the same reason they can lose everyone: WWa is provincial.
    Answer the question about what I said that was preposterous about black kids!!!

Other than ignoring that I have no issues whatsoever with this post. I agree with it completely. I'm the one who questioned wtf we haven't offered Elder yet.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Holy shit ddy is pressing in this thread

So the program is in trouble because EWU kids are not getting UW offers?

Honestly fuck off DDY. You dont know 1/10th as much as you think you do about football

Yeah, that's my point - you hit it on the head.

Jesus fuck.

The resident 'recruiting doesn't matter' doogs always come around to say 'it doesn't matter' - then two years later when shit is in the toilet on whatever issue Pepsi and I are freaking out about when we see shit getting out of control, it's like 'oh, well, it was obvious something had to be done about it'.

Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Seattle and the PNW is the sensitive of the sensitive in this country ... this isn’t a new development

Look at that, we agree!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018

Holy shit ddy is pressing in this thread

So the program is in trouble because EWU kids are not getting UW offers?

Honestly fuck off DDY. You dont know 1/10th as much as you think you do about football

Yeah, that's my point - you hit it on the head.

Jesus fuck.

The resident 'recruiting doesn't matter' doogs always come around to say 'it doesn't matter' - then two years later when shit is in the toilet on whatever issue Pepsi and I are freaking out about when we see shit getting out of control, it's like 'oh, well, it was obvious something had to be done about it'.

Fucking Christ.

Yeah, because me making fun of you for caring so much about 2 metro programs off the cuff thoughts definitely means I don't think recruiting matters.

Wake me up when this jilted lover drama is happening at schools that consistently produce studs.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The thing that you are missing @dnc is that if you aren’t actively monitoring what is going on around you that by the time you recognize that there is a problem it’s way too fucking late.

Why do you think that Pepsi, Dennis, and I railed so hard on Pease? Strausser? Malloe?

When you see trending that isn’t looking good you better damn well start course correcting. Malloe looks to be doing ok. Pease and Strausser never did. K is taking recruiting more seriously than ever.

Asking “why” every once in a while and being forward looking matters. If you are doing it right, you don’t need the results to tell you that you are successful because you already know what the results are going to be.

Nobody was tougher on Pease and Strausser (after they were let go) than Tequilla.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck I don't care where they come from if they're good. As someone
    said before if UW keeps putting up double digit win seasons then good
    athletes will want to come here whether local or not. Pete doesn't need to
    kiss the ass of local coaches for their not good enough players. He needs
    to sell them on the narrative of those coaches improving their players enough
    to earn a UW offer. We already offer a tremendously low number of kids and
    that holds positive sway in the recruiting world. I don't want to see that damaged
    by throwing bones to locals who aint good enough. This ain't on Pete, it's on the
    local coaches to do a better job developing what they got.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

2. The black kid thing - you're not black so you don't get it. That's really all I can say when you say preposterous shit like that. UW missed on Tre'Shaun this year, Conner last year... but if you think that Thomas isn't tapping into some general resentment and anger there is in the SEA toward UW, you are a fucking moron. And it's not JUST black kids, but it's particularly black kids. You can say it SHOULDN'T be that way and you will pretend the way is the world you want it to be, but that doesn't mean fucking shit.

What did I say that's preposterous about black kids? Literally all I said is he's gotten every black kid he wanted except Connor. And he has.

To misquote @NorwegianHusky "How are you writing all of these replies to dnc when you clearly don't know how to fucking read? You're ascribing opinions to him that he doesn't have."

And we'll just have to agree to disagree on Jimmy Lake. He got Gordon and Hampton signed before the promotion. They didn't promote him because he can't recruit now. They promoted him because if they didn't he would have gotten the promotion somewhere else.

And you talked to one high school coach so therefore you think there's a narrative growing throughout the state. This is the problem with inside information. People think one person who knows a little means a whole lot more than it does.

HS coaches may not love Pete.That's not going to keep their kids from coming to UW when UW wants them.
    It's not one coach man.

It's pretty much every in state coach I know and have heard from... maybe 15?

Also AGAIN I'm not saying they're right...

But, look at this last week... we offered 20 out of state kids and ZERO in-state kids.

Now *I UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE DOING THAT* - got it - do you get it? I DENNIS DEYOUNG PERSONALLY UNDERSTAND IT...

...but I guarantee you there is a lot of butthurt at schools when they see people from fucking Kansas tweeting out offers from UW and UW has literally offered TWO in-state kids.

These schools are 'inner shitty' 'suburban' 'rural' traditionally good, not so much, etc.

You think Sumner feels great about the way they treated Ben Wilson? lol fuck no.

Now, IDGAF about Ben Wilson. I would have taken him, but I like Tafisi better. Whatever... it doesn't fucking matter. But they offered some fireplug out of TX instead of Ben, then when that shit went south and it looked like they weren't going to get Kaho, they initiated contact with Ben after not talking with him consistently for months.

That's the shit that got Sark ex-communicated locally. This is a fickle fucking place.

The same reason UW can basically sweep everyone is the same reason they can lose everyone: WWa is provincial.
    Answer the question about what I said that was preposterous about black kids!!!

Other than ignoring that I have no issues whatsoever with this post. I agree with it completely. I'm the one who questioned wtf we haven't offered Elder yet.
    I DON'T REMEMBER WHY I SAID THAT I AM CRANKY BECAUSE OF THE CRUD.

Oh - my point is - I don't think Pete is Lambo, but I'm saying things break a lot quicker than they fix. There has been a perception in WWa forever that local black kids aren't included in UW's plans in the same way that local white kids are.

It was the case even when Ty was the coach. It's the same 206 Hoops shit. It's stupid. But it's been there forever... and once that shit takes hold, it's hard to shake.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The thing that you are missing @dnc is that if you aren’t actively monitoring what is going on around you that by the time you recognize that there is a problem it’s way too fucking late.

Why do you think that Pepsi, Dennis, and I railed so hard on Pease? Strausser? Malloe?

When you see trending that isn’t looking good you better damn well start course correcting. Malloe looks to be doing ok. Pease and Strausser never did. K is taking recruiting more seriously than ever.

Asking “why” every once in a while and being forward looking matters. If you are doing it right, you don’t need the results to tell you that you are successful because you already know what the results are going to be.

Nobody was tougher on Pease and Strausser (after they were let go) than Tequilla.
    I don't remember on Pease but Teq was definitely hard on Strausser toward the end of his tenure here.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

No, what you're missing is that this is common fucking sense and praise be to Allah Pete has shown this ability. I have confidence he'll course correct as needed because he's course corrected thus far. That's why the Lambo comp is FS. Lambo never showed that ability.

I have no problem with people pointing things out or questioning things or hypothesizing how they should be handled. Some people get too hysterical with it and far too confident in their own explanations of the "why" and expect others to take them as gospel.

They're not.
    The Lambo comparison is about how he lost in-state recruiting (particularly for AA players) ...

Sark lost in-state recruiting as well ...

We routinely produce between 5-10 D1 caliber P5 recruits a year ... our foundation is always those players ...

We clearly realize we need to increase the quality of our recruiting classes to compete nationally. What we can’t do is lose focus of our foundation in that pursuit. It’s a delicate line.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Fuck I don't care where they come from if they're good. As someone
    said before if UW keeps putting up double digit win seasons then good
    athletes will want to come here whether local or not. Pete doesn't need to
    kiss the ass of local coaches for their not good enough players. He needs
    to sell them on the narrative of those coaches improving their players enough
    to earn a UW offer. We already offer a tremendously low number of kids and
    that holds positive sway in the recruiting world. I don't want to see that damaged
    by throwing bones to locals who aint good enough. This ain't on Pete, it's on the
    local coaches to do a better job developing what they got.

I should pin my point on my local recruiting matters so much (especially for UW)... it's just a simple expected value calculation (and you can add some stuff about iteration in a closed community if you'd like to really do it up).

The truth is, it's mostly an issue about talent, not development. Development doesn't matter all that much (hence Kalepo and Ale).

The main thing is that 2020 and 2021 are two of the best in-state classes ever. We could conceivably get 7 4* players out of WA in each class.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I was plenty critical of them when they were here
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

No, what you're missing is that this is common fucking sense and praise be to Allah Pete has shown this ability. I have confidence he'll course correct as needed because he's course corrected thus far. That's why the Lambo comp is FS. Lambo never showed that ability.

I have no problem with people pointing things out or questioning things or hypothesizing how they should be handled. Some people get too hysterical with it and far too confident in their own explanations of the "why" and expect others to take them as gospel.

They're not.
    The Lambo comparison is about how he lost in-state recruiting (particularly for AA players) ...

Sark lost in-state recruiting as well ...

We routinely produce between 5-10 D1 caliber P5 recruits a year ... our foundation is always those players ...

We clearly realize we need to increase the quality of our recruiting classes to compete nationally. What we can’t do is lose focus of our foundation in that pursuit. It’s a delicate line.
    I get it.

I'm just saying Pete's not going to lose in state recruiting. Lambo didn't win at a high level and Sark didn't win at a high level or develop talent well for the next level. Pete's a better coach than either of them AND better at getting his kids big contracts. He might be a stubborn prideful dude, but he's not FS like Lambo or Sark.

In state recruiting will be fine in 2019 and good to great in 2020 and 2021.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

How are you writing all of these replies to Dennis when you clearly don't know how to fucking read? You're ascribing opinions to him that he doesn't have.

Nowhere did Dennis say that Peterman is an asshole or that he's ruining relationships with the local high school coaches. He fucking agreed with you guys that the high school coaches are morons and are creating drama for no reason. At no point did he blame coach Pete for this.

What Dennis is talking about is the fucking PERCEPTION that is starting to form out there. Whether or not that perception is fair (it's not) doesn't matter. Whether or not Peterman has done something wrong (he hasn't) doesn't matter. The fact is that the perception might be forming nonetheless.

What Dennis is saying is that it's Coach Pete's job to make sure that perception does take hold. The fact that the high school douche coaches are wrong doesn't mean that Peterman can tell them to go fuck a moving train. He has to do what he can to maintain those relationships and change the perception, whether it's unfair bullshit or not.

How hard is that to comprehend?

Fair is not the point. The fact is that it can get worse and hurt us in recruiting if we just ignore it like you doorknob-licking retards say we should.

Like it or not, maintaining good relationships with the sanctimonious asshole coaches of local high school programs is an important part of the job.

people who type in ALL CAPS generally run the risk of obtuse inferences being missed.