Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete not making friends with the FS high schools

Comments

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    These coaches were pissed about this same thing under Sark too. They'll always be pissed and think that we're passing on their guys until the scholarship limit increases to about 150.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I love all you fuckbags in this thread calling the RB/Garf coaches morons - as if that fixes thing. Sure! They're morons! Done!

OF COURSE THEY'RE FUCKING MORONS. THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES AND 90% OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ARE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE FUCKS.

I've never met a person who spent considerable time in athletics who wasn't overly sensitive. It's the price you pay to be in a weird cult.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Three things:

1. Right or wrong, it makes no fucking difference. This shit represents a serious threat to Pete and his staff's ability to land the kind of players we need.

2. This modern era of 'tell them to go fuck themselves' is Marvel Movie blustery bullshit. You want to draw 5mil from UW every year? This is part of that job. It's a fucking disgrace that our populous now thinks that pragmatism is stupid and posing like you're in a fucking Batman movie is the way to get things done.

3. Last, it's not just Beach and Garfield that feel this way. As long as UW is handing out offers like candy to out of state kids (see the past week) and waiting to offer in state kids (again, see the past week) this will be a perception. I know for a fact that this is a narrative that's developed ACROSS THE STATE in the last year or so. This is just the beginning of this.

-----

Again, I think Beach is FS for this tweet. OBVIOUSLY. Fucking Kalepo is committed. Fucking WSU passed on all those kids too. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

I think Thomas is FS, but you guys are fucking complete morons about this tough guy shit. Being a head football coach, you have to be a diplomat as well. This may not hurt us this or next year, but when 2020 and 2021 roll around, if this shit metastasizes, we are going to be fucked by this for no reason.

It's a fucking battle of egos. Who gives a shit?

Just do whatever it takes to make these people feel like you give in-state players the first and most serious look. Go over your process with all the head coaches. Try and help these coaches get jobs at colleges. Whatever.

I don't like it, but it's part of the job.

Pete's gotta deal with it one way or another.

When/if Bellevue, Eastside Catholic, O’Dea, Woodinville, etc feel the same it’s a problem. Posters here are saying it’s stupid because it is.
    fixed that for you
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

Jimmy Lake's rebuttal to Rainier Beach coach:

This is what we do with the best in-state kids bitch:

See this is how you fucking recruit I got chills listening to it
    if Jimmy was smart enough to post this same video with higher resolution he'd be getting 5 stars but the 4s are good enough
  • Options

wtf i just wrote a giant tryhard post and it dissappeared instantly.

Was there any warning, or was it just gone?
    I pressed edit to change spacing and when I hit save or confirm or whatever it said it didn't exist and then it didn't exist.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I love all you fuckbags in this thread calling the RB/Garf coaches morons - as if that fixes thing. Sure! They're morons! Done!

OF COURSE THEY'RE FUCKING MORONS. THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES AND 90% OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ARE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE FUCKS.

I've never met a person who spent considerable time in athletics who wasn't overly sensitive. It's the price you pay to be in a weird cult.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Three things:

1. Right or wrong, it makes no fucking difference. This shit represents a serious threat to Pete and his staff's ability to land the kind of players we need.

2. This modern era of 'tell them to go fuck themselves' is Marvel Movie blustery bullshit. You want to draw 5mil from UW every year? This is part of that job. It's a fucking disgrace that our populous now thinks that pragmatism is stupid and posing like you're in a fucking Batman movie is the way to get things done.

3. Last, it's not just Beach and Garfield that feel this way. As long as UW is handing out offers like candy to out of state kids (see the past week) and waiting to offer in state kids (again, see the past week) this will be a perception. I know for a fact that this is a narrative that's developed ACROSS THE STATE in the last year or so. This is just the beginning of this.

-----

Again, I think Beach is FS for this tweet. OBVIOUSLY. Fucking Kalepo is committed. Fucking WSU passed on all those kids too. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

I think Thomas is FS, but you guys are fucking complete morons about this tough guy shit. Being a head football coach, you have to be a diplomat as well. This may not hurt us this or next year, but when 2020 and 2021 roll around, if this shit metastasizes, we are going to be fucked by this for no reason.

It's a fucking battle of egos. Who gives a shit?

Just do whatever it takes to make these people feel like you give in-state players the first and most serious look. Go over your process with all the head coaches. Try and help these coaches get jobs at colleges. Whatever.

I don't like it, but it's part of the job.

Pete's gotta deal with it one way or another.

I stopped reading at "this shit represents a serious threat."

BallzDeep said:

if Jimmy was smart enough to post this same video with higher resolution he'd be getting 5 stars but the 4s are good enough
    It's shitty stock footage.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I pressed edit to change spacing and when I hit save or confirm or whatever it said it didn't exist and then it didn't exist.
    So no warning, just gone
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

It's shitty stock footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

7 pages of pontificating on some dumbass coach moutheing off about his shit D-2 level player not getting a UW offer

Are you new here?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BallzDeep said:

We're so good that our kids make it to the pro bowl whether they are kicked off the team.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    edited January 2018

This exact shit happens to me all the time after editing. And only on my best posts. Can we get our Vanilla people on this?
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    His name says it all. Petersen is a stubborn Norwegian. We don’t like to change.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Helps Central IMO
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AAU style 7on7 needs the reverse rusty grater
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

In state kids are fucking shitty.

They expect the local school to bend over backwards even if they don't want to go there or the kid isn't a p5 talent.

Fuck them all. I hope we never take a 3 star in state kid again.

What if it was a recruit that was severely underrated like Dom Hampton was? Bonem anyways?