Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete not making friends with the FS high schools

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

Probably related to this.... Now I see this is what the link was in the original twitter post.
    Few willingly choose to go to Eastern instead of a P12 offer
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The idea of Pete not wanting local kids is like Tequilla saying that Lake was hurting the program. Fucking stupid.

FUCK OFF

I NEVER said that Lake was hurting the program ... get your fucking facts straight
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,311
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We get DDY’s point. If these Seattle public schools were churning out a ton of PAC 12 guys, it would be a problem. It’s an overreaction because they don’t and probably never will.

How many metro players are on UW? Not many.

Something went on with Harrison’s recruitment. I wish we were getting him, but it’s obviously a strange case.

Smalls is a big time recruit. We offered him as a freshman. He still has over a year until he commits and around two years until he signs. Things change in recruiting all the time

Rational posts ruin threads.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    As long as we're winning, kids will want to play for us, especially local kids. In order for us to win, we have to take the best talent we can, and much of that is often out of state. I don't get the sense even for a second that Pete prefers out of state kids. If anything we probably give them a slight bump up our board.

I'd much rather we win and have a couple local coaches bitch and moan than return to the dark decade of the '00s where we sucked, we couldn't get any west coast talent, but we offered white cornerbacks from West Seattle HS to make local coaches happy.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

If UW keeps winning 10- 12 games per year and continues to be a legit CFP contender, the elite in-state kids will come here. Winning football games trumps all this other fucking minutia.

Fucking this.

There's nothing wrong with a UW offer being exclusive.