Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's Results

123457»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Obviously but so what? Each individual can do their thing

I would posit that a society with a good GDP is also healthy materially. Any more than that is up to the person living in it
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Bunch of cuntless fucks bitching about squat
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Forever the bored motto
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Low GDP countries squat by the road to shit
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Gwad said:

I've been dead ass broke fairly recently. Did a podcast on it. Didn't mind it but all in all I'd rather be able to support myself and help others.

The love of money can send one down a dark path but so can not having money.

Moderation in all things. The great philosophers of the Renaissance had wealthy benefactors to allow them to think or create art.

Nothing is free.

So again, what's your better idea than growth and wealth and prosperous citizenship?

Maybe you are not understanding me correctly? I am just not for the Gross Domestic Product as a sign of a healthy society.

GDP: "the total value of goods produced and services provided in a country during one year."

I think there is more to it than that. Do you not agree?
    Money doesn’t bring happiness in itself. But a better economy allows more people and their families to enjoy life at a higher level. It also allows more to get off the dole and have the satisfaction of fending for themselves and their families. It allows people to get the type of job that offers cheap health insurance, save money and build towards a retirement. All of which is better for people than scoffing at success and feeling hopeless for their future.