Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's Results

Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,248 Swaye's Wigwam
Anheuser-Busch will invest $2Billion in US plants due to Trump tax reform.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2018/01/26/anheuser-busch-ceo-says-hell-invest-2-billion-in-u-s-plants-after-tax-bill.html

Honywell to repatriate $7 Billion in cash to the US over the next two years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-honeywell-intl-results/honeywell-to-repatriate-7-billion-over-two-years-idUSKBN1FF1DS?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a6b59e404d30112eeff04cc&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

FedEx Committing More Than $3.2 Billion in Wage Increases, Bonuses, Pension Funding and Expanded U.S. Capital Investment Following the Passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180126005307/en/FedEx-Committing-3.2-Billion-Wage-Increases-Bonuses#.Wms38zhWtZ8.twitter

But Nancy Pelosi said the GOP tax bill was the worst in history.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    How many of those companies also laid people off recently?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Good news for America has hondo looking for bad news

How many years did you rail on labor participation rates? Difference is, I'm just poking through bear while you believed we had a shit economy that magically turned around in January 2017.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    That isn't the subject and I never said any such thing but keep hoping for bad news
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Good news for the laid off, vibrant job market means no need to be collecting 2 years of Government unemployment payments to idle capacity.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    edited January 2018
    2001400ex said:

How many of those companies also laid people off recently?

Is it better lay people off and then create new jobs? Or is it better to lay people off and then not create new jobs?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Honeywell is a company to look at if your pretend or real old white and rich and play the market at all. They're big into the robotics game now as a supplier. It's expensive but it probably goes up 25% in '18.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

I don't think these things equate to the totality of personal well being. I guess we have different ideas about good news. I still respect your passion for writing about what you believe in. <3
    Gwad said:

I don't think these things equate to the totality of personal well being. I guess we have different ideas about good news. I still respect your passion for writing about what you believe in. <3 </p>
    I don't see anything about the totality of well bring but I do see good economic news that gets people more money in their pocket which is portion of well being.

That's considered good news by most folks.

Money can't buy happiness but then again, neither can poverty
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Have we ever had a totality of well-being standalone thread?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

Gwad said:

I don't think these things equate to the totality of personal well being. I guess we have different ideas about good news. I still respect your passion for writing about what you believe in. <3 </p>
    I don't see anything about the totality of well bring but I do see good economic news that gets people more money in their pocket which is portion of well being.

That's considered good news by most folks.

Money can't buy happiness but then again, neither can poverty
    It may not be the totality of well-being, but it is the fundamentally most important predicate for well-being.

creepycoug was up voted for insertion of the proper 'well-being' into the discussion.

I guess from my perspective I see focusing on making money bringing the potential to obscure actually obtaining well-being. While you may be making money are you putting yourself in a position to take away from the other aspects of health and happiness that are essential.
    Gwad said:

creepycoug was up voted for insertion of the proper 'well-being' into the discussion.

I guess from my perspective I see focusing on making money bringing the potential to obscure actually obtaining well-being. While you may be making money are you putting yourself in a position to take away from the other aspects of health and happiness that are essential.

No

Gwad said:

No
    ok
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,236 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2018

Hondo prefers the unemployment payment extensions and then just wiping people off the workforce and unemployment roles when they couldn't get jobs. That's how the commie Hondo group cooks the books on unemployment under his hero BHO. Commies are gonna commie!
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    ok
    If you do something you love you'll never work a day in your life. I've loved construction since I was a kid watching state offices get built in Olympia

No complaints on my life. I didn't sell out for the pursuit of money and money finds me
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    edited January 2018

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    ok
    If you do something you love you'll never work a day in your life. I've loved construction since I was a kid watching state offices get built in Olympia

No complaints on my life. I didn't sell out for the pursuit of money and money finds me
    Ever wonder if you should have moved to California earlier in the game? Construction has been the path to massive wealth for so many here.

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    ok

Ever wonder if you should have moved to California earlier in the game? Construction has been the path to massive wealth for so many here.
    Yes. Yes. Yes

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    ok

Why do you love construction?