Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's Results

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Gwad said:

Is growth good if we're a cancer? When do we level off and refine ourselves to a quality that propels us for many centuries?
    Maybe you should take a vow of poverty so you don't have to worry about it. Anyone can ask questions. How about some answers?

America is propelled into its third century of each generation doing better than the one before. If you have a better plan we'd like to hear it.

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

Is growth good if we're a cancer? When do we level off and refine ourselves to a quality that propels us for many centuries?
    Maybe you should take a vow of poverty so you don't have to worry about it. Anyone can ask questions. How about some answers?

America is propelled into its third century of each generation doing better than the one before. If you have a better plan we'd like to hear it.

Questions are required for good objective analysis and evaluation, its part of thinking critically. I do not agree with the rest of your statement and would prefer to stay away from a petty line of discourse in respect to the other part.
    I am also confused on your position of America in a continual upward movement through three centuries. This confusion comes from Trump being elected on the grounds of 'Making America Great Again'. To regain that ideology of prosperity in America, does there not have to be a lack of that very thing? Could you please help me to understand your position; as you see I may be misunderstanding you?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Gwad said:

No worries young Padwan, Mother Earth will open up and swallow you once your time is right. The same for everyone else.
    Gwad said:

I am also confused on your position of America in a continual upward movement through three centuries. This confusion comes from Trump being elected on the grounds of 'Making America Great Again'. To regain that ideology of prosperity in America, does there not have to be a lack of that very thing? Could you please help me to understand your position; as you see I may be misunderstanding you?

No

Gwad said:

No
    So America is great but it isnt? Schrodinger is that you?
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    Look question boy when you want to have an actual discussion I'm here every day. Don't insult my intelligence and I won't think that your questions make you sound stupid

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    Look question boy when you want to have an actual discussion I'm here every day. Don't insult my intelligence and I won't think that your questions make you sound stupid
    Why do you think I am trying to insult your intelligence? This is not my intention. Questions with the intent of seeing the others point of view are part of having a healthy discussion in my opinion. I don't think a question makes someone look stupid, it shows me they are exercising their inquiring mind.
    Tell me what your issue is with growth, prosperity, and personal wealth.

Are you poor and happy to be that way? Did you earn your own way? Did daddy work hard and leave you a lot of money so you can be a philosopher?

My inquiring mind wants to know
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,965
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No
    Why do you think I am trying to insult your intelligence? This is not my intention. Questions with the intent of seeing the others point of view are part of having a healthy discussion in my opinion. I don't think a question makes someone look stupid, it shows me they are exercising their inquiring mind.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Gwad said:

So your saying we should stop being so productive?
    edited February 2018
    No issue with these things. I just don't see them in a society that looks at a number labeled GDP. It just puts us off the mark of what is really important. Their is plenty of information on the fall of past societies and how they made these same mistakes.

Yes I live In conditions that put me under the poverty line, Its not so bad life is pretty simple. It has put me on a path of training my body and mind instead of worrying about what items I have or don't have. All my needs are met and I work a Job. No but my father did pass on a gift of self reflection though which I am blessed to have.
    edited February 2018

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No

https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/asking_questions

Gwad said:

So your saying we should stop being so productive?
    I'm saying we should strive for quality which is not about how much but how good.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,236 Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

When we stop illegals and vermin ridden from shithole countries from fucking up the place and draining our resources.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,965
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No

https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/asking_questions
    Thanks for the link to great quotes on questions from famous thought-leaders like Larry King, Britney Spears, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Nicholas Sparks...kinda goes to further my point...
    I've been dead ass broke fairly recently. Did a podcast on it. Didn't mind it but all in all I'd rather be able to support myself and help others.

The love of money can send one down a dark path but so can not having money.

Moderation in all things. The great philosophers of the Renaissance had wealthy benefactors to allow them to think or create art.

Nothing is free.

So again, what's your better idea than growth and wealth and prosperous citizenship?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,236 Standard Supporter

I've been dead ass broke fairly recently. Did a podcast on it. Didn't mind it but all in all I'd rather be able to support myself and help others.

Moderation in all things. The great philosophers of the Renaissance had wealthy benefactors to allow them to think or create art.

Nothing is free.

So again, what's your better idea than growth and wealth and prosperous citizenship?

Just so you weren't walking Santa Monica blvd.
    edited February 2018
    Yes your unknown point. @HoustonHusky

Nothing is free.

Maybe you are not understanding me correctly? I am just not for the Gross Domestic Product as a sign of a healthy society.

GDP: "the total value of goods produced and services provided in a country during one year."

I think there is more to it than that. Do you not agree?