Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's Results

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,239 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

Of course the majority in any tax cut goes to corporations and the wealthy.

They pay the most taxes.

The tax code from over a half century ago was designed to put you into a higher tax bracket the wealthier you became. Why is this not fair, as your needs are being met.
    What argument are you making

I'm saying that a 1 percent tax cut for the wealthy is bigger than a 10 percent for the common folk

So when people throw out "most goes to the wealthy and corporations" well duh
    This is the point everyone misses. The tax cut is sold to grow the economy. If you give $1,000 to 10 middle class people. Every dollar off they goes back into the economy. If you give that same $10,000 to Bill Gates, he won't even notice it.

While some corporations are giving bonuses and pay raises. Which is great. That's fractions of their cut. The majority is going to the stockholders through dividends and growth. And the vast majority of stock is not owned by the middle class.

If the government has too much money, then I fully agree it should go to the wealthy.
    Money is being repatriated that NEVER would have come back. Lots of the money from cuts is going into expansion and hiring employees to fill the new jobs.

I know this goes against your "the government will take care of me" mantra but get the hell over it comrade!
    Please to show us the spending cuts.
    "Time to slash this out of control government growth and overreach then the government won't need as much in taxes and they can be cut some more!
    Cutting taxes without cutting spending is dumb and bad.
    Exhibit A: Barak Obama who made the Bush tax cuts permanent while spending 5 trillion per term, without two fully engaged, full deployment wars like W had, which the Dems bitched about constantly.
    Da fuq? All I heard about Obama was he raised taxes. Now you are saying he didn't?

BTW he did raise taxes cause he's a tax and spend liberal. But at least he isn't a cut tax and spend "fiscal conservative".
    Obamacare was largest tax hike in history of our country. HTH
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    doogie said:

CNN so it’s probably fake news but,

President Trump wants Chinese solar panels firms to make more of their products in the U.S. -- and they appear to be getting the message.
    A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China's biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/news/economy/jinko-solar-us-china-trump/index.html

You were against solar before you were for it. But srsly why would China invest in an industry that's being propped up by the government if the government is going to stop propping it up?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I'm not anti solar. You're making that up.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

The tax code from over a half century ago was designed to put you into a higher tax bracket the wealthier you became. Why is this not fair, as your needs are being met.

I'm saying that a 1 percent tax cut for the wealthy is bigger than a 10 percent for the common folk

This is the point everyone misses. The tax cut is sold to grow the economy. If you give $1,000 to 10 middle class people. Every dollar off they goes back into the economy. If you give that same $10,000 to Bill Gates, he won't even notice it.

While some corporations are giving bonuses and pay raises. Which is great. That's fractions of their cut. The majority is going to the stockholders through dividends and growth. And the vast majority of stock is not owned by the middle class.

If the government has too much money, then I fully agree it should go to the wealthy.
    Money is being repatriated that NEVER would have come back. Lots of the money from cuts is going into expansion and hiring employees to fill the new jobs.

I know this goes against your "the government will take care of me" mantra but get the hell over it comrade!
    "Time to slash this out of control government growth and overreach then the government won't need as much in taxes and they can be cut some more!
    Exhibit A: Barak Obama who made the Bush tax cuts permanent while spending 5 trillion per term, without two fully engaged, full deployment wars like W had, which the Dems bitched about constantly.
    Da fuq? All I heard about Obama was he raised taxes. Now you are saying he didn't?

BTW he did raise taxes cause he's a tax and spend liberal. But at least he isn't a cut tax and spend "fiscal conservative".
    He didn't touch the Wall Street 1% benefactors who put him in office.

It's hilarious that so many people overlook the obvious, so I'll say it again:

Republicans go to Washington DC to represent the rich.
    Democrats go to Washington DC to get rich.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

He didn't touch the Wall Street 1% benefactors who put him in office.

It's hilarious that so many people overlook the obvious, so I'll say it again:

Republicans go to Washington DC to represent the rich.
    Democrats go to Washington DC to get rich.
    Wut? He raised the top tax rate from 36% to 39.6%. And he added a tax on capital gains over a threshold, like $500k, of 3%.
    edited February 2018
    doogie said:
    Oh got it. So Trump didn't cut my taxes either. Thanks Congress!!!

I'll make it simple, so a even a preschool retard like Hondo can understand.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,239 Standard Supporter

I'll make it simple, so a even a preschool retard like Hondo can understand.

Great now you've offended preschool retards with that comparison! ISAFNPRC
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    The 1% did great under Obama because they do great under anyone. The middle and poor did not hence TRUMP

Now we actually have a tax plan that helps the middle both on their taxes and on the taxes of the people they work for. So naturally the dems claim its for the 1%

Liars lie its what they do

The 1% did great under Obama because they do great under anyone. The middle and poor did not hence TRUMP

Now we actually have a tax plan that helps the middle both on their taxes and on the taxes of the people they work for. So naturally the dems claim its for the 1%

It's factual the majority of the cut goes to the wealthy and businesses. Troomps hate facts.
    2001400ex said:

It's factual the majority of the cut goes to the wealthy and businesses. Troomps hate facts.

I already mentioned that employers tax cuts helps employees. And if you pay more you by basic math get a larger cut although the top rates got no cut at all

The Washington Post called you a liar when this bullshit was first peddled.

This cut helps the middle that Obama didn't do shit for. Since none of you dems voted for it you can just shut the fuck up and watch the growth

2001400ex said:

I already mentioned that employers tax cuts helps employees. And if you pay more you by basic math get a larger cut although the top rates got no cut at all

This cut helps the middle that Obama didn't do shit for. Since none of you dems voted for it you can just shut the fuck up and watch the growth
    Ok! Let's talk in a couple years when deficits go down like Republicans promised.
    she screamed, in her pouty third grade voice.
    2001400ex said:

If you want to see Obama's dreamworld, simply visit Seattle. Lots of rich, incompetent, backward-ass faggy liberals busily ruining every aspect of life with huge government mandates targeted at working class and middle class folks while the limousine liberals remain untouched from the street-level vermin they create. Obama's Administration was the big, lazy, ineffective, dictatorial government I once thought Reagan was a fool to warn us about. Today's college campuses are full of true-blue "Obama liberals" and they are cesspools of shit verging on total collapse.

I twice voted for the mother-fucker, and he shit the bed both times. His cowardice and spinelessness ruined all the mandates he was elected upon. History will not be kind to Obama, and it's his own goddamn fault.
    I'm taking home more money in my paycheck thanks to a rate decrease and it isn't table scraps

The company I have a piece of will double our business at least thanks to the corporate tax cut that has our customers spending money bigly

My company will pay less in taxes increasing my year end money grab

My year end money grab will be taxed at a lower rate.

I am the middle class and I support this tax cut
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Ok! Let's talk in a couple years when deficits go down like Republicans promised.
    Why are you moving the goal posts?

Revenue will go up and spending will go up faster just as always. At least there will be more revenue.

Not increasing revenue won't stop spending
    $1.5t in Bonds for infrastructure.

Congressional races will hinge on Moneygrab and Candidates ability to bring home Our share locally
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Is growth good if we're a cancer? When do we level off and refine ourselves to a quality that propels us for many centuries?