Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's Results

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,240 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2018

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

Of course the majority in any tax cut goes to corporations and the wealthy.

They pay the most taxes.

The tax code from over a half century ago was designed to put you into a higher tax bracket the wealthier you became. Why is this not fair, as your needs are being met.
    What argument are you making

I'm saying that a 1 percent tax cut for the wealthy is bigger than a 10 percent for the common folk

So when people throw out "most goes to the wealthy and corporations" well duh
    This is the point everyone misses. The tax cut is sold to grow the economy. If you give $1,000 to 10 middle class people. Every dollar off they goes back into the economy. If you give that same $10,000 to Bill Gates, he won't even notice it.

While some corporations are giving bonuses and pay raises. Which is great. That's fractions of their cut. The majority is going to the stockholders through dividends and growth. And the vast majority of stock is not owned by the middle class.

If the government has too much money, then I fully agree it should go to the wealthy.
    Money is being repatriated that NEVER would have come back. Lots of the money from cuts is going into expansion and hiring employees to fill the new jobs.

I know this goes against your "the government will take care of me" mantra but get the hell over it comrade!
    Please to show us the spending cuts.
    "Time to slash this out of control government growth and overreach then the government won't need as much in taxes and they can be cut some more!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

The tax code from over a half century ago was designed to put you into a higher tax bracket the wealthier you became. Why is this not fair, as your needs are being met.

I'm saying that a 1 percent tax cut for the wealthy is bigger than a 10 percent for the common folk

This is the point everyone misses. The tax cut is sold to grow the economy. If you give $1,000 to 10 middle class people. Every dollar off they goes back into the economy. If you give that same $10,000 to Bill Gates, he won't even notice it.

While some corporations are giving bonuses and pay raises. Which is great. That's fractions of their cut. The majority is going to the stockholders through dividends and growth. And the vast majority of stock is not owned by the middle class.

If the government has too much money, then I fully agree it should go to the wealthy.
    Money is being repatriated that NEVER would have come back. Lots of the money from cuts is going into expansion and hiring employees to fill the new jobs.

I know this goes against your "the government will take care of me" mantra but get the hell over it comrade!
    "Time to slash this out of control government growth and overreach then the government won't need as much in taxes and they can be cut some more!
    Cutting taxes without cutting spending is dumb and bad.
    Swaye said:

In every thread: Hondo says dumb shit.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

In this thread: Hondo says dumb shit.

Like what?
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,248 Swaye's Wigwam
    Progressives are backed into corner after 8 years promoting economic and personal virtues of being on food stamps and welfare now trying to diss work and $1000 bonuses and still portray capitalism as heartless
    Dude61 said:

Progressives are backed into corner after 8 years promoting economic and personal virtues of being on food stamps and welfare now trying to diss work and $1000 bonuses and still portray capitalism as heartless

Capitalism is awesome.

Running up the deficit is irresponsible.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

Cuts are implied. Smaller gov needs less money. HTH
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

Find any Republican willing to cut spending yet?
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

Find any Republican willing to cut spending yet?
    Easier than finding a liberal willing to.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

Its not working this way though. The percentage points are lower for the poorest and higher for the wealthiest. This is from what I have read anyways.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

Dude61 said:

Capitalism is awesome.

Running up the deficit is irresponsible.
    Just print more money. No problem!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

They pay the most taxes.

Its not working this way though. The percentage points are lower for the poorest and higher for the wealthiest. This is from what I have read anyways.
    Maybe you should stop reading and just listen to us
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,075 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

In this thread: Hondo says dumb shit.

Swaye said:

In every thread: Hondo says dumb shit.

Water is wet POTY
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,248 Swaye's Wigwam