Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

But La Mike is right. Had this same argument on another board

USC is always the toughest opponent talent wise and our soft fucking losers have their balls shrink at the sight of them

Race I hope you’ll appreciate this my dad hasn’t watched a UDUB/USC game since that awful rainy day in 1984............ Fuck these fucking Fuckers so Korey Foreman goes as far away from this conference as possible.
    That was a long fucking day to be sure
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Seeing adoree Jackson doing back flips on Alaska airlines field at Husky Stadium in victory over our undefeated Dawgs in 2016 is forever a reminder of what happens when the disrespect is unreal.

it was a miracle he could flip on 2 broken ankles

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    His straight line speed is good, but we already knew that. It takes him forever to change direction though. By the time he turns around, someone like Byron Murphy would be waiting for him at the end of his route. Maybe his footwork is somewhat coachable? Not sure.

Reminds me of Metcalf a bit. Physical freak who can run straight really fast, but had a slower shuttle and 3-cone than Tom Brady. Metcalf was great in college. We'll see if he can be more than a one-trick pony in the NFL. Wilson is a big enough physical freak to be a mismatch at the college level, even if he has a limited route tree.

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893

His straight line speed is good, but we already knew that. It takes him forever to change direction though. By the time he turns around, someone like Byron Murphy would be waiting for him at the end of his route. Maybe his footwork is somewhat coachable? Not sure.

Reminds me of Metcalf a bit. Physical freak who can run straight really fast, but had a slower shuttle and 3-cone than Tom Brady. Metcalf was great in college. We'll see if he can be more than a one-trick pony in the NFL. Wilson is a big enough physical freak to be a mismatch at the college level, even if he has a limited route tree.

And Metcalfs 3 cone drill was faster than Steve Smith sr's, the comparison to Tom Brady is beyond stupid
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Wilson has a verified 4.31 shuttle. He’s not Metcalf.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Let’s not forget that we’re still in a good spot for both Rome and Gary Bryant

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

"verified"
  • Options
    Sources said:

lawsandl said:

"verified"
    It’s laser timed from the opening. The kid moves better than he should at that size. That’s why he’s 98 composite player. What I’ve noticed though is this board loves them some comparisons. It’s always the ones that fit the narrative.

The issue with Wilson is his physicality. It’s not anything to do with athleticism. He’s got the raw material to be a beast if he has the mentality.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    chuck said:

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
    You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on from him completely. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have. He's hoping to show UW some more physicality and edge to hid game his Senior season and earn a committable offer. It has nothing to do with UW's pitch or him being less interested in UW. It's the other way around, he's still interested but they're less interested in him at this time.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

Dude Metcalf has 4.3 speed and is a million times stronger than Wilson. Wilson is not even close to being a physical freak like that. He's Brayden Lenius.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.
    Is there an instance where he says UW got beat by Oregon?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Is there an instance where he says UW got beat by Oregon?
    See his answer to me. Apparently he has...once.

Hes actually right often enough that I take his reads on recruiting a lot more seriously than my replies to him might indicate. Ballz may be immature and narcissistic but hes not dumb (though I like to tell him he is because it pleases me to do so). He was right for the most part last year. The UW offered guys who ended up at Oregon, like Dollars and the FB from the same school, Pittman, and Delgado, were all a step down from who UW ended up with.