Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It seems like a clear case of abundance

Liked what Oregon was selling better

May not have been exactly what we wanted

Good for both sides
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

He was initially in love with UW over Oregon. But then Oregon showed him way more love and made him feel way more wanted than UW has so of course he likes what they're selling more. Oregon didn't out-recruit UW. Their plan A guy is our plan B guy.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

He was initially in love with UW over Oregon. But then Oregon showed him way more love and made him feel way more wanted than UW has so of course he likes what they're selling more. Oregon didn't out-recruit UW. Their plan A guy is our plan B guy.
    That is literally an example of Oregon out recruiting Washington.
    That's not out-recruiting. Out-recruiting is when both schools have a recruit at a top, plan-A target and one wins over the other. Roger Rosengarten is UW out-recruiting Oregon. UW conceded Wilson to Oregon because he's a back burner guy for us. Had UW recruited Wilson like they recruited Rosengarten, he'd probably already be committed to UW.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    whuggy said:

Ektard:

"yesterday, someone asked about UW and Johnny Wilson and I said that UW had pulled back and weren't recruiting him and he wasn't that interested either. Apparently that isn't really the case at all..."

Biggins:

In addition to Texas, Oregon remains heavily in the mix with UCLA and Washington rounding out his top four. Wilson said Ohio State, who was previously in his final five, is no longer involved.

“I’ll be going to Oregon in late July for their Saturday Night Live Event,” Wilson said. “I talk with that staff all the time and coach Bouknight and coach Arroyo hit me up every day. I hear from Micah (Pittman) all the time as well and I feel really good about my role and how I would fit in there.

“Coach Arroyo coached Mike Evans with the Buccaneers and that’s a receiver who I’ve been compared to and they want to use me in a similar way. Right now, Oregon and Texas are definitely the two schools I’m talking with the most but I still have interest in UCLA and Washington too and I want to try and visit all four schools during the season.”

Jimmy Dougherty at UCLA and Junior Adams at Washington are the main recruiters for Wilson.

“I haven’t been up to UCLA in awhile,” Wilson said. “I like coach Jimmy and I’ve heard from Ethan Young too but the communication has died off a little since earlier in the year. Like I said though, I still have interest in their program and plan to catch a couple of games this season and take a visit.

I talk with Junior Adams and coach Petersen. Coach Adams talks a lot about the mental part of the game and said he wants me to play with a little more edge and wants to get that dog in me and I know I can do that, I have that in me. So hopefully I’ll be able to visit there officially during the season as well.

Edit: Biggins later clarifies that it's still likely over, but that it's not because UW dropped him. Seems like Wilson dropped UW. So fuck off everyone who said he wasn't good enough and that UW dropped him.

"Communication has broken off a bit with Wilson but not to the fault of Washington. The coaches have tried to reach out but Wilson hasn't been reciprocating as much, same thing with UCLA. The main schools he's talking with are Texas and Oregon right now and they have a pretty solid lead."

Lol it sounds exactly like UW cooled on him. He hears way more from Oregon and Texas than UW. Junior Adams basically told him he's too soft and needs to play more aggressive and physical this season to have a committable offer from UW. Exactly what I've been telling you doogs for months. With the guys we're in on, it's basically over and UW will pass for better options.

That whole story was basically a story of how Johnny Wilson dropped us and you’re convincing yourself we dropped him. That must be a sick head space you live in where you think that UDUB is dropping 6’6 5 star WRs while also begging Logan Loya to come here.

It’s fine if you wanna say he’s soft or not a fit, but the coaches are telling you they didn’t drop him. When you speak on their behalf it waters down every other person who actually gets info from them. Yes, a world exists still where top talent is not being sold well enough on how badass we are. If you can’t clearly see that with how poorly this Adidas launch has been then WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING A DOOG?

(Also: “Arroyo coaches Mike Evans” so did Skyler Fulton so Adams better close Rome, Troy Franklin, & Emeka)
    Uh no, I'm not speaking for the coaches. It's right there in the story. He's not physical or aggressive enough for UW. Junior Adams told him that. It's a nice way of saying he's soft. Greg Biggins tried to spin it as if Wilson was a top UW target and dropped them. That's not the case. UW has had him on the back burner for like six months now. They've been keeping him warm just in case they need him to fall back on but not recruiting him nearly as hard as the actual top targets which is also right there in the story plain as day for you to see. He's been a plan B or C guy for us this whole time. If he realized he wasn't a top priority for them and subsequently "dropped" them then that's fine. He needs to be more physical and won't have a committable offer from UW until he shows that his Senior season. I was on the fucking money about this kid from day one while going against the entire board and I've been proven right yet again. Don't be salty now. Give credit where credit is due.
    Just a tip which I'm sure you'll ignore. You should couch your posts more as this is "what I think", rather than "what I know". Intelligent people on here understand that all this shit is 99.9% speculation rather than information so portraying yourself in a way that's "in the know" just makes you look stupid. And I'm pretty confident you're not in the 0.1% group. Carry on.
    I shouldn't have to constantly type "I think". Nobody else here does.

You don't have to be in the 0.1% group to do deductive reasoning or think logically. It was obvious this whole time Wilson wasn't a top WR target for UW. No visit in the Spring. No visit in the Summer. No OV scheduled for the fall. If you use your brain, you can have a pretty good idea of who our top targets actually are. It's not hard to follow. Doogs just wanted to ignore those obvious signs because of his size and star rating. You all loved it when I said with certainty that Rosengarten was coming here. But you hated it when I said with certainty that Wilson is not. I was right about both. Don't be hypocrites.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

How is the best WR talent outside of Ngata and since Reggie a Plan B. We’re not trying to abort this mf are we?

• Options
    DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

How is the best WR talent outside of Ngata and since Reggie a Plan B. We’re not trying to abort this mf are we?

Lol he's not even close to being that good. He's massively overrated.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

No. We have multiple people in the know, including an explicit quote from Biggins, saying Wilson cooled on us. That's not gonna stop Ballz from running victory laps the wrong direction on the track or Tequila from interjecting with some confused bullshit about how it's a good thing Oregon may nab a 5 star WR. He's not a plan B, we just lost the recruiting battle.
    My point is there is really almost never "in the know" with young kids like this. Mostly because most of them don't know from day to day what they are doing. Yeah Biggins might get a quote from them on a Monday and they feel totally different on Tuesday. That's why paying any of these people is just burning good money. Sure anyone can narrow it down to 3 or 4 teams and it's all fun to talk about, but in the know? Not so much.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

No. We have multiple people in the know, including an explicit quote from Biggins, saying Wilson cooled on us. That's not gonna stop Ballz from running victory laps the wrong direction on the track or Tequila from interjecting with some confused bullshit about how it's a good thing Oregon may nab a 5 star WR. He's not a plan B, we just lost the recruiting battle.
    Greg Biggins is not in the fucking know about UW recruiting and he's an idiot. The UW coaching staff has stopped dropping intel to the 247 guys and they are salty about it. Roof is the only recruinik who gets intel from the coaches and she has known Wilson was not being heavily pursued by UW as a plan A guy for a long time.

The kid just told you out of his own fucking mouth that UW is not recruiting him as hard as Oregon and Texas and Coach Adams told him he wants to see more from him in terms of his physicality and aggressiveness his Senior year before going all in on him. That's out of the kid's mouth you fucking idiot. It's not speculation and you no longer have to consider secondary "sources" when it's coming straight from the kid.

Take the fucking L.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

Wut? McMillan is a much better prospect than Wilson
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

That's not out-recruiting. Out-recruiting is when both schools have a recruit at a top, plan-A target and one wins over the other. Roger Rosengarten is UW out-recruiting Oregon. UW conceded Wilson to Oregon because he's a back burner guy for us. Had UW recruited Wilson like they recruited Rosengarten, he'd probably already be committed to UW.
    like Roger Rosengarten

*EDIT* I didn't read the full post. I hate it when it does that
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    He's a poor man's Collin Johnson imho
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I'm not nearly as adamant as balllllz, but do people really thinks Adams is trying his hardest to recruit someone when he tells them he needs to see more edge in his play? Pretty sure Adams didn't sell Jalen or Puka that way. "I know I can [play with more edge], I have that in me. So hopefully I’ll be able to visit there officially during the season as well." It actually kinda does sound like we want to see more out of him before we invite him up for an official. At least that's my read on it.

Gee Scott plays with edge.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Good for both sides

Post of my lifetime and I know it’s late
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.