Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Let’s not forget that we’re still in a good spot for both Rome and Gary Bryant

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
    You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.
    Is there an instance where he says UW got beat by Oregon?
    See his answer to me. Apparently he has...once.

Hes actually right often enough that I take his reads on recruiting a lot more seriously than my replies to him might indicate. Ballz may be immature and narcissistic but hes not dumb (though I like to tell him he is because it pleases me to do so). He was right for the most part last year. The UW offered guys who ended up at Oregon, like Dollars and the FB from the same school, Pittman, and Delgado, were all a step down from who UW ended up with.
    Puka was a bit of luck. I am sure Delgado wasn’t a take. However, this bored severely underrates Pittman. Oregon had a bigger need at WR.

I can’t tell you who you got in the last class that’s better than Dollars as a APB.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
    You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.

Hes actually right often enough that I take his reads on recruiting a lot more seriously than my replies to him might indicate. Ballz may be immature and narcissistic but hes not dumb (though I like to tell him he is because it pleases me to do so). He was right for the most part last year. The UW offered guys who ended up at Oregon, like Dollars and the FB from the same school, Pittman, and Delgado, were all a step down from who UW ended up with.
    Puka was a bit of luck. I am sure Delgado wasn’t a take. However, this bored severely underrates Pittman. Oregon had a bigger need at WR.

I can’t tell you who you got in the last class that’s better than Dollars as a APB.
    I don't underrate Pittman. I though he was good when UW was recruiting him. But he's a short, slot guy and UW needed more size at the position. I wouldn't trade Taj Davis or Puka for Pittman.

Cameron Davis is better than any RB Oregon got last class. Dollars is shifty and quick but is pretty maxed out physically and doesn't have great long speed. Davis is bigger with more long speed. Both can catch the ball well.

I don't understand how Dollars fits Oregon's new style. Mario wants to pound the rock and be physical and yet Dollars is a smaller, more finesse back.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Most teams signed someone better than Dollars because he is complete JAG shite

IMHO of course
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Dollars was the backup RB on his high school team by the mid point of last season. He definitely wasn’t starting in the playoffs.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I don't underrate Pittman. I though he was good when UW was recruiting him. But he's a short, slot guy and UW needed more size at the position. I wouldn't trade Taj Davis or Puka for Pittman.

Cameron Davis is better than any RB Oregon got last class. Dollars is shifty and quick but Davis is bigger and faster. Both can catch the ball well.
    Puka is a gamer and Davis is underrated. That being said, Waters is really underrated and Pittman is a pitbull. Puka will be fun to watch.

Also, Davis has neither elite size or speed. They both have great vision but Dollars looks thicker to me. Davis is awfully skinny and has a wiry frame.

Wilson is more of what Cristobal and Mastro are looking to get. So, there are different evaluations due to scheme and need.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Cameron Davis is better than any RB Oregon got last class. Dollars is shifty and quick but Davis is bigger and faster. Both can catch the ball well.
    Puka is a gamer and Davis is underrated. That being said, Waters is really underrated and Pittman is a pitbull. Puka will be fun to watch.

Also, Davis has neither elite size or speed. They both have great vision but Dollars looks thicker to me. Davis is awfully skinny and has a wiry frame.

Wilson is more of what Cristobal and Mastro are looking to get. So, there are different evaluations due to scheme and need.

Davis has home run speed. It's all over his film. He's 6'0 195 right now and will fill out to 210ish in a year or two. Davis is a Travis Etienne kind of guy.

UW only recruited Wilson as a LB. I don't think he has the vision to be more than a straight line pounder and short yardage back.
  • Options
    Meek said:

I think Dollars was the backup RB on his high school team by the mid point of last season. He definitely wasn’t starting in the playoffs.

From the Mater Dei guys, they wanted the starter to get exposure. Also, Dollars isn’t a workhorse back. He’s not going to Oregon to do that either. Wilson will be the workhorse.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Davis has home run speed. It's all over his film. He's 6'0 195 right now and will fill out to 210ish in a year or two. Davis is a Travis Etienne kind of guy.

UW only recruited Wilson as a LB. I don't think he has the vision to be more than a straight line pounder and short yardage back.
    The scouts that evaluated him corroborate what I am saying. I am not saying he doesn’t grow but he is definitely penalized in his ranking for frame. Also, the workhorse in Oregon scheme values vision much less than yours. The technique is different.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

The scouts that evaluated him corroborate what I am saying. I am not saying he doesn’t grow but he is definitely penalized in his ranking for frame. Also, the workhorse in Oregon scheme values vision much less than yours. The technique is different.
    What scouts? Like I said, Davis is already 195. He'll be 200+ in a couple months. His size and frame is perfect for a medium-sized RB with speed.

I don't see how vision isn't valued for every RB regardless of scheme. It's the most important trait for playing the position.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I don't see how vision isn't valued for every RB regardless of scheme. It's the most important trait for playing the position.
    I am not saying it’s not valued. The coaches that went to the coach’s clinic and listened to Mastro told me that he coaches a pretty unique technique. Bottom line it’s more about getting skinny and breaking tackles by putting tacklers in awkward spots.

I don’t see them wanting longer RBs either.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I am not saying it’s not valued. The coaches that went to the coach’s clinic and listened to Mastro told me that he coaches a pretty unique technique. Bottom line it’s more about getting skinny and breaking tackles by putting tacklers in awkward spots.

Mastro sounds like a dumb ass.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

What scouts? Like I said, Davis is already 195. He'll be 200+ in a couple months. His size and frame is perfect for a medium-sized RB with speed.

Yet, Ahmed > Gaskin
  • Options
    edited July 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

He’s got a pretty good resume of developing players. Oregon had a pretty damn good short yardage running attack considering the youth at RB and a new scheme. The philosophy is more about consistency then high reward. It should get better in year two.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yet, Ahmed > Gaskin
    Ahmed has good vision. He just needs to find that balance between patience and exploding right away. He's the opposite style of Gaskin. He wants to explode right away. He's learning how to do that when it's necessary, but also to be patient and wait for his blocks to develop.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

He’s got a pretty good resume of developing players. Oregon had a pretty damn good short yardage running attack considering the youth at RB and a new scheme. The philosophy is more about consistency then high reward. It should get better in year two.
    Who though? Who has he coached that was really good?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yet, Ahmed > Gaskin
    Ahmed has good vision. He just needs to find that balance between patience and exploding right away.
    Hitting the whole with the right timing is part of vision.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yet, Ahmed > Gaskin
    Ahmed has good vision. He just needs to find that balance between patience and exploding right away.
    Hitting the whole with the right timing is part of vision.
    Does the play at 43:08 look like he has bad vision to you?

https://youtu.be/j63pzs_-Mr0?t=2588
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

It's obvious to see. I don't need to "read tea leaves" or have a crystal ball to see that this is what is happening. He hasn't eliminated UW and still talks about being interested in UW in his top four even though UW hasn't invited him to visit this calendar year and their communication with him has been far lesser than other schools.

What is doogish? That I said Micah Pittman and Josh Delgado were passed on by UW before choosing Oregon? They were. That I said we were getting Rosengarten when all crystal balls were on Oregon. That happened. When it came down to UW vs Oregon for Puka Nacua, who got him? We did. When UW offered Oregon commit Cam Williams, what happened? Oregon has beaten UW for Jaden Navarrette (for now) and that's it.

Their wins against us are few and far between the wins we get against them. The facts suggest that most recruits prefer UW over Oregon and it's the same case with Wilson. If he goes to Oregon, it's because UW got their top targets at WR and passed on him. We already have a far better WR than him committed as we speak.

The board's obsession with this kid needs to end. He's not a 5-star.
    I wish we gotten kayvon