Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I look forward to the Ballz logic that explains how we didn't actually lose him to Oregon despite all evidence pointing to him cooling on us.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Peterman said:

I look forward to the Ballz logic that explains how we didn't actually lose him to Oregon despite all evidence pointing to him cooling on us.

Except for Junior Adams literally telling him he needs to quit being such a pussy on the field
    Is a coach giving pointers to a recruit now evidence of cooling? We only know Junior said that because Wilson acknowledged it. I would think that kind of shit is pretty common.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

You rang? All the evidence points to UW cooling on him. Everybody knows that at this point. He was initially crystal balled to UW by the West coast national experts because of HIS high interest in UW. But then he was never invited to visit UW in the Spring or Summer. When interviewed and asked about his top schools a month ago he still mentioned UW as one of his favorite schools but mentioned Coach Adams wanting to see him play with more of an edge his Senior season. Clearly he didn't have a committable offer from UW and we had others guys prioritized over him who had the green light to commit when he didn't. Sawyer, Jalen, and Rome are all better WR prospects.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You rang? All the evidence points to UW cooling on him. Everybody knows that at this point. He was initially crystal balled to UW by the West coast national experts because of HIS high interest in UW. But then he was never invited to visit UW in the Spring or Summer. When interviewed and asked about his top schools a month ago he still mentioned UW as one of his favorite schools but mentioned Coach Adams wanting to see him play with more of an edge his Senior season. Clearly he didn't have a committable offer from UW and we had others guys prioritized over him who had the green light to commit when he didn't. Sawyer, Jalen, and Rome are all better WR prospects.
    You had me until your final sentence. Well, maybe your last two sentences...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Beno4Life said:

You had me until your final sentence. Well, maybe your last two sentences...
    Sawyer is faster on film and can take a short pass to the house. Wilson can't. Sawyer is quicker in and out of breaks. Sawyer also plays LB so he's more physical and tuff than Wilson. The other two guys are obviously better than him. I don't need to make a case for them.
  • Options

Peterman said:

Except for Junior Adams literally telling him he needs to quit being such a pussy on the field
    Is a coach giving pointers to a recruit now evidence of cooling? We only know Junior said that because Wilson acknowledged it. I would think that kind of shit is pretty common.
    Uh yeah, if the kid hasn't been invited to visit and is being told he needs to do something on the field his Senior season that means he doesn't have a committable offer. Take the L man. You were wrong.
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

As one of my dads likes to say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Whether or not we actually cooled on him, lol @ 'he wasn't invited to visit'. Sorry Johnny we just don't know if we can let you spend your money to come visit our school!

He would have visited had he been invited. You don't invite kids for a visit and give them the false impression that you want them to commit when he's lower on the board than your top targets. UW is getting their top targets at WR. That's all that matters. We'll see if they made a mistake putting this kid on the back burner a couple years from now but I really don't think they did.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Guess UW isn't the only school that has their commits drop.