Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Let’s not forget that we’re still in a good spot for both Rome and Gary Bryant

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
    You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.
    It's obvious to see. I don't need to "read tea leaves" or have a crystal ball to see that this is what is happening. He hasn't eliminated UW and still talks about being interested in UW in his top four even though UW hasn't invited him to visit this calendar year and their communication with him has been far lesser than other schools.

What is doogish? That I said Micah Pittman and Josh Delgado were passed on by UW before choosing Oregon? They were. That I said we were getting Rosengarten when all crystal balls were on Oregon. That happened. When it came down to UW vs Oregon for Puka Nacua, who got him? We did. When UW offered Oregon commit Cam Williams, what happened? Oregon has beaten UW for Jaden Navarrette (for now) and that's it.

Their wins against us are few and far between the wins we get against them. The facts suggest that most recruits prefer UW over Oregon and it's the same case with Wilson. If he goes to Oregon, it's because UW got their top targets at WR and passed on him. We already have a far better WR than him committed as we speak.

The board's obsession with this kid needs to end. He's not a 5-star.
    I wish we gotten kayvon
    Didn't have a committable offer from UW and we don't pay for kids.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

And oh btw remember when you guys bashed Eklund for saying Bishop Sankey wasn’t tough enough to warrant recruiting attention until he committed and he was “All Dawg”?

Not saying that it’s the equivalent I’m just flashing a mirror real quick to see if that’s the road you wanna be sold on for why he’s not coming here.

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Rome is the only Johnny replacement. 6’3 3.99 shuttle we will take that all fucking day. Lock it the fuck up.
    I'm all in on Odunze and have been since he was offered. If it came down to a choice between him and Wilson, which ballzdumb is so certain has already happened, I'd choose Odunze. I dont think that choice has been made by UW though. They're equal priorities, or were before Wilson didn't like the soft criticism from Adams, and now UW is in a better place with Odunze. There's no fucking way on earth that UW is willingly, knowingly, conceding Wilsin to the ducks though.
    I doubt Pete cares that much about sticking it to Oregon. If he gets Rome and Bryant, there isn’t much you can do about Wilson.

We’re not going to take another WR just to prevent him from playing for a rival. You focus on the guys you get. It’s not about who everyone else gets.
    Its not about sticking it to Oregon. Its about not conceding him. I dont think they've moved on, as ballz keeps insisting. The pitch just hasn't been working on him as well as it was early on.
    You're wrong. Odunze and Bryant are higher on the board. Wilson does not have a committable offer right now. I never said they moved on. I said they cooled on him and put him on the back burner which they have.
    That's your read of the tea leaves, and nothing more. You could be right, but your consistency on situations like this, where Oregon takes the lead over UW with a particular prospect, is suspect at best and doogish at worst. He may have been moved down the list, or he may have moved down the list due to waning I interest on his part. You dont know.
    It's obvious to see. I don't need to "read tea leaves" or have a crystal ball to see that this is what is happening. He hasn't eliminated UW and still talks about being interested in UW in his top four even though UW hasn't invited him to visit this calendar year and their communication with him has been far lesser than other schools.

What is doogish? That I said Micah Pittman and Josh Delgado were passed on by UW before choosing Oregon? They were. That I said we were getting Rosengarten when all crystal balls were on Oregon. That happened. When it came down to UW vs Oregon for Puka Nacua, who got him? We did. When UW offered Oregon commit Cam Williams, what happened? Oregon has beaten UW for Jaden Navarrette (for now) and that's it.

Their wins against us are few and far between the wins we get against them. The facts suggest that most recruits prefer UW over Oregon and it's the same case with Wilson. If he goes to Oregon, it's because UW got their top targets at WR and passed on him. We already have a far better WR than him committed as we speak.

I wish we gotten kayvon
    Committable....ok
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I wish we gotten kayvon
    No one paid for Kayvon, lol.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can't we all just be happy that we are 0-0?

o-0

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ahmed sure gets caught a lot for somebody who runs in the 4.3s. Faster before all the FSP bullshit.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

Gladstone said:

When's the last time we blew USC out?

1990. I was negative 4 years old.

They’ve blown us out a lot this since.
    Didn't UW win 27-0 one year in the 90's?
    I think that qualifies as a blowout
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019
    I would go with Cam Davis any day of the week. I like who we got, you like who you got. Win Win
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019

I hate myself for it, but I agree with ballz. Rome is the top guy on our board now that McMillan is in the boat.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I wish we gotten kayvon
    I’m old enough to remember when Washington DID pay for players to play.😂

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    Peterman said:

Most teams signed someone better than Dollars because he is complete JAG shite

IMHO of course

With all due respect that is a bunch of baloney. Dollars was the #1 rated APB in 2019. He is 5’10” 185 going into his Freshman year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xc2wz55uoOk

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

I wish we gotten kayvon
    I’m old enough to remember when Washington DID pay for players to play.😂

Winners win
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If you like slow and stiff RBs that try to bounce everything, Dollars is your guy!
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Had a checkup last week. Seems my AIDS cleared up. Came back to this thread to try again, and you delivered! Thanks!

This is still the Yanni Wilson thread, right?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

Had a checkup last week. Seems my AIDS cleared up. Came back to this thread to try again, and you delivered! Thanks!

This is still the Yanni Wilson thread, right?

No, it's the Wilson Phillips thread...