Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sources said:

Ballz was right...

Biggins when asked if this kid would get the 5*:

Definitely not lol, his game is not trending the right way and unless he moves to TE, I'm not sure how productive he'll be in college. He's a huge target but lacks physicality and the hands to make difficult catches through contact. I saw two games live and he dropped about 5-6 balls combined and two TDs.

I couldn't care less what his rating is, but I love how he's now rated based on his projected college production, Before Biggins was spouting about how ratings are based on NFL potential. Guess they go with whatever supports the narrative
    He didn't say he's rating him based on college productivity. He just said he doesn't know how productive he'll be in college.

He can still have an opinion on college productivity despite 247FS's rating criteria.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Ringo ends up in Eugene I guarentee you Mama Ringo made some $$$.

I believe that he narrowed down his top 5 to only programs that are paying big.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Ballz was right...

Biggins when asked if this kid would get the 5*:

Definitely not lol, his game is not trending the right way and unless he moves to TE, I'm not sure how productive he'll be in college. He's a huge target but lacks physicality and the hands to make difficult catches through contact. I saw two games live and he dropped about 5-6 balls combined and two TDs.

Pretty sure Johnnie lost his 5th star. 5* is why Ballz was shouted down when he said that Johnnie sucks and JrDWHA, more or less.

@Ballz come back!
    I heard his sr year he was a big target that played small.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

They just lost Avantae Williams, their second highest rated commit after Sewell. Dawgs back on top for #1 class in the conference.

Rumor has it saying he has 2 kids might be an understatement...
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

They just lost Avantae Williams, their second highest rated commit after Sewell. Dawgs back on top for #1 class in the conference.

Rumor has it saying he has 2 kids might be an understatement...
    Johnny Appleseed
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Looks like he’s officially asu bound. That’s a lot of WR they are getting. They realize they gotta get other players as well right?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Looks like he’s officially asu bound. That’s a lot of WR they are getting. They realize they gotta get other players as well right?

Where are you seeing this?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just posted a clip on his IG. Yellow helmet and adidas on jersey. He gone.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I love the Neuheisel strategy!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980

I love the Neuheisel strategy!
    They took quite a few last year too.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Herm is the Catholic Sark.
  • Options
    Unless Wilson was willing to play TE then I’m not sure of his appeal. His 95 rating seems super high for a guy who’s 6’6 and couldn’t dominate at the high school level.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Unless Wilson was willing to play TE then I’m not sure of his appeal. His 95 rating seems super high for a guy who’s 6’6 and couldn’t dominate at the high school level.

To be fair (or maybe it's not) when paired up with huard he was a weapon on the 7vs7 circuit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Wiltfong just crystal balled him to Oregon along with another UW legacy in Carson Bruener who doesn't have an offer yet but is probably the next ILB in line to get one. How do you feel about "mega recruiting weekends" for Spring games now motherfuckers? Why are we giving them or anybody else any advantage over us in recruiting? Why are we not dominating Pac-12 recruiting year round? Why are we giving them all the early momentum and hoping to catch up later? Some of these elite recruits don't give a fuck about doing their research or substance. Some just want their dicks sucked non-stop. Petersen and company need to get sucking. They're not getting paid all that money to lose any recruiting battles to fucking Oregon!

Wiltfong just crystal balled him to Oregon along with another UW legacy in Carson Bruener who doesn't have an offer yet but is probably the next ILB in line to get one. How do you feel about "mega recruiting weekends" for Spring games now motherfuckers? Why are we giving them or anybody else an advantage over us in recruiting? Why are we not dominating Pac-12 recruiting year round? Why are we giving them all the early momentum and hoping to catch up later?

Wiltfong sucks.

Bruener is ours if we want him.
    @BallzFS bump
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Ringo ends up in Eugene I guarentee you Mama Ringo made some $$$.

Bump. Probably right about dem bags but wrong school.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Okay, all this bullshit caused me to go watch his film. Think we can split the difference here. I like him but I don’t love him. Certainly can help a team, but for us, might rather have Roman Wilson than Johnny Wilson. We’ve got the big guys that aren’t real sudden. I’d prefer the speed.

Lol. S/O to the Oprea Singer Mr.4.3!

Because a 6”6 guys running a 4.59 as a junior is definitely not fast enough.
    Fast enough for what?

Difference is that Baccellia is maybe 5-10, 170, while Roman Wilson is probably going to play at exactly the size Dante Pettis was, 6-1, 185. With the same kind of quick breaks as Dante. You don't want another Dante Pettis?

Back to my original question. Fast enough for what? Because we're not measuring total overall athleticism. I would agree with you that a 220-lb. athlete running 4.59 might be more impressive than a 170-lb. guy running 4.45. But at the end of the day the 4.59 guy is still not outrunning any CBs. And honestly doesn't really leverage much threat of the go route. So he's a jump ball guy. I'd generally rather have the guy that gets open.

Last 10 years I checked guys 6-2+, 215+, 4.55 or slower. Basically three guys with any success (NFL): Allen Robinson (great), Devin Funchess (decent), Kelvin Benjamin (fine for one year, then bad).
    This is college. Who the hell cares if it doesn’t translate to the nfl. He could be the next hakim butler. Plenty of big wrs do well in college. They are rare so it’s not a big sample size. Get Wilson and let him beast on small defensive backs. I hate this bored.
    I agree with you, but the point of message boards is opinions. Crunching numbers and comparing players to the NFL is FS. Some poster had some bulls hit about players running faster than 4.55 and being 215 plus. Mike Williams from Clemson was 218 and ran a 4.54. It’s selective bullshit. Clemson would have never beat Alabama in 2016 without him.

I actually agree with Ballz and think Wilson won’t ever do shit. The coaches agree and I don’t think they actually want him. They have moved on and found dudes that are better. He was the 3rd best WR on his high school team. Granted, the two dudes above him are/were 4 star recruits, but he’s not going to get drastically better. We’ll find out in a few years. We can crunch numbers and compare him to past players but that really has nothing to do with anything. He’s not that good.
    If the board is about opinions, don’t then say “the coaches agree” that Wilson won’t ever amount to shit and that “they’ve moved on and found doods that are better” unless you’ve talked to someone on staff. I’m all about being able to predict if a player is going to suck, despite how pointless it is, but when you speak on the coaches behalf without information from them it waters down when someone on here does have internal information.
    !!!!!!
    Banks was #1 on the coaches board the day before we dropped him. Things change.
    Banks was not, Smalls was. That's why we dropped Banks once we got Smalls.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Okay, all this bullshit caused me to go watch his film. Think we can split the difference here. I like him but I don’t love him. Certainly can help a team, but for us, might rather have Roman Wilson than Johnny Wilson. We’ve got the big guys that aren’t real sudden. I’d prefer the speed.

Lol. S/O to the Oprea Singer Mr.4.3!

Because a 6”6 guys running a 4.59 as a junior is definitely not fast enough.
    Fast enough for what?

Difference is that Baccellia is maybe 5-10, 170, while Roman Wilson is probably going to play at exactly the size Dante Pettis was, 6-1, 185. With the same kind of quick breaks as Dante. You don't want another Dante Pettis?

Back to my original question. Fast enough for what? Because we're not measuring total overall athleticism. I would agree with you that a 220-lb. athlete running 4.59 might be more impressive than a 170-lb. guy running 4.45. But at the end of the day the 4.59 guy is still not outrunning any CBs. And honestly doesn't really leverage much threat of the go route. So he's a jump ball guy. I'd generally rather have the guy that gets open.

Last 10 years I checked guys 6-2+, 215+, 4.55 or slower. Basically three guys with any success (NFL): Allen Robinson (great), Devin Funchess (decent), Kelvin Benjamin (fine for one year, then bad).
    This is college. Who the hell cares if it doesn’t translate to the nfl. He could be the next hakim butler. Plenty of big wrs do well in college. They are rare so it’s not a big sample size. Get Wilson and let him beast on small defensive backs. I hate this bored.
    I agree with you, but the point of message boards is opinions. Crunching numbers and comparing players to the NFL is FS. Some poster had some bulls hit about players running faster than 4.55 and being 215 plus. Mike Williams from Clemson was 218 and ran a 4.54. It’s selective bullshit. Clemson would have never beat Alabama in 2016 without him.

I actually agree with Ballz and think Wilson won’t ever do shit. The coaches agree and I don’t think they actually want him. They have moved on and found dudes that are better. He was the 3rd best WR on his high school team. Granted, the two dudes above him are/were 4 star recruits, but he’s not going to get drastically better. We’ll find out in a few years. We can crunch numbers and compare him to past players but that really has nothing to do with anything. He’s not that good.
    If the board is about opinions, don’t then say “the coaches agree” that Wilson won’t ever amount to shit and that “they’ve moved on and found doods that are better” unless you’ve talked to someone on staff. I’m all about being able to predict if a player is going to suck, despite how pointless it is, but when you speak on the coaches behalf without information from them it waters down when someone on here does have internal information.
    !!!!!!
    Banks was #1 on the coaches board the day before we dropped him. Things change.
    Banks was not, Smalls was. That's why we dropped Banks once we got Smalls.
    That’s a Sarcastic reference to the meltdown of some in another site that had an absolute meltdown when we dropped banks.