Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Yes
    The answer is not yes or no. I think he is probably the right guy. He may not be but odds are in his favor. Nice thing is we'll know for sure after this year.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    Cohen12 said:

PurpleJ said:

You ever hear of capitalism? Vote with your dollar?

I don't repeatedly buy a shitty product and expect a company to make a better one. I stop buying the product so that they fail because it's what they deserve. UW deserves to look like OSU and WSU right now based on the total lack of competence from those in charge. Those people deserve to be fired and replaced with someone else who can do better. The only effective way to achieve this is by affecting their bottom line.

You have a fucking MBA and you are too thick to understand this. Let that sink in for a bit.

P.S. All 45K season ticket holders would never cancel all at once, so your hypothetical scenario is bullshit. It happens gradually over time. But I am glad that the AD is in the red right now and they absolutely deserve to reap what they sow. If they want their funding for olympic sports back, they can take care of the cash cow for once.

Win a sustainability award and then pop off. Douche.
    Tits or GTFO.
    No
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Let's get back to talking about our standard for the program and whether we think Pete is the guy. God knows the gutless pussies in charge will never hold anyone to those standards, but it's sure fun to commiserate together with irrelevant banter.

Start by setting your standards

Clearly not the same standards set by doogs like you or the AD.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited June 2016
    Yes
    You *no* voters better hope your rong.

Jen is poised to make a revolutionary hire more reflective of the forward values of our fine World Class University... when Peterman fails.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited June 2016
    Yes
    Mad_Son said:

The answer is not yes or no. I think he is probably the right guy. He may not be but odds are in his favor. Nice thing is we'll know for sure after this year.

If he is the guy the fanbase will know for sure.

If he is not there will be a million excuses made.
    No
    I don't think Texas taught him to accept mediocrity.

You can take the man out of Seattle, but you can't take the Seattle out of the man.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Let's get back to talking about our standard for the program and whether we think Pete is the guy. God knows the gutless pussies in charge will never hold anyone to those standards, but it's sure fun to commiserate together with irrelevant banter.

Start by setting your standards

Clearly not the same standards set by doogs like you or the AD.
    If your standards are the Alabama resume under Saban, then you are likely to be consistently disappointed.

There's one thing to have stretch goals, but if you put your goals too far to the point that they are almost always unattainable, the goals are worthless to start.

Even at the level of programs competing for national championships, you are going to fail more often than you don't. The goal at that level is first getting yourself in position to win a national title and then the second goal is to win it. You'd probably consider the seasons that Clemson, Michigan St, and Oklahoma had last year as not being successful ... they didn't win the National Championship but they were still very successful seasons.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes
    Dardanus said:

When half your poasts begin with "you don't understand" or "you confuse what I'm saying" or "you misinterpret what I write versus what I feel" maybe the problem isn't with the readers.

Could it be possible that there are a handful of clowns here that like to twist everything that I say to the point that what I'm saying in regards to "you don't understand" or "you confuse ..." is true?

Some of the things that I've heard people say that I've said is the definition of twisting ... even some of the screenshots that people have posted of my own words will get twisted by people saying that I said one thing when the words I said very clearly say otherwise ... and that's not even getting to the whole out of context thing.

I get that I'm a target for some people ... I get why you see people get sick and tired of the media and how they take a portion of a comment and spin it to their own narrative instead of allowing the entire comment to stand on its merits.

I don't care if people don't agree with me ... but it's almost always the same 5-6 idiots that turn shit around and create issues.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

Dardanus said:

When half your poasts begin with "you don't understand" or "you confuse what I'm saying" or "you misinterpret what I write versus what I feel" maybe the problem isn't with the readers.

Could it be possible that there are a handful of clowns here that like to twist everything that I say to the point that what I'm saying in regards to "you don't understand" or "you confuse ..." is true?

Some of the things that I've heard people say that I've said is the definition of twisting ... even some of the screenshots that people have posted of my own words will get twisted by people saying that I said one thing when the words I said very clearly say otherwise ... and that's not even getting to the whole out of context thing.

I get that I'm a target for some people ... I get why you see people get sick and tired of the media and how they take a portion of a comment and spin it to their own narrative instead of allowing the entire comment to stand on its merits.

I don't care if people don't agree with me ... but it's almost always the same 5-6 idiots that turn shit around and create issues.
    Don't Twist
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    No

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If the offense is better, the defense will be worse and/or have key guys injured. Or we lose 4 or 5 games by 3 or less an blow out everyone else. Our SRS rating will be high though.

This is Husky Football. We hire shit AD'a who were part of the problem. The majority of the fan base thought Sark was a very good coach. We win sustainability awards.

It's a shit program that has a nice stadium and was relevant 30 years ago. In the 30 years since, how many conference titles has UW been in contention going into the last two weeks of the season? Maybe 3?

I was in denial until Pete's first year. He was so bad that season that it ruined Husky Football for me. Sark was gone and we actually got worse. That preseason was the last time I'll ever doog it up until we win a championship.

I've given up on the program until they win. Give us a fucking championship or get the fuck out. I'm over the mediocrity.

Translation: Bandwagon
    Are you gonna let Roadie back on the bandwagon?
    I don't care where he stands and when he gets on or off ...

But his comments were Exhibit A of what a bandwagon fan looks like
    Except it's not.

And it sounds like you care.
    If "I've given up on the program until they win" isn't the definition of a bandwagon statement, then ISIS probably wasn't responsible for the bombings in Turkey either
    I've given up on being hopeful or buying into the hype until this loser program actually accomplishes something. Is that really hard to comprehend?

It doesn't mean I stopped following them. Bandwagon fans can't name the entre two deeps. Wtf were they teaching you in Texas?
    I can't even name the starters anymore other than Fucking Browning, Gaskin, and the Terrorist on defense.

I used to know the scout team guys.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    No
    Tequilla said:

Dardanus said:

Doogs gonna Doog
    No
    Why shoot for the top? Let's aim for realistic goals like finishing 3rd in the north division of the Pac-12 and winning the NOGAF Bowl presented by Charmin.

You should really leave Texas and move to Canada or something.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Why shoot for the top? Let's aim for realistic goals like finishing 3rd in the north division of the Pac-12 and winning the NOGAF Bowl presented by Charmin.

You should really leave Texas and move to Canada or something.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    Yes
    I laff when a dudes with >10k posts claim they don't care.