Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No

Tequilla said:

If the offense is better, the defense will be worse and/or have key guys injured. Or we lose 4 or 5 games by 3 or less an blow out everyone else. Our SRS rating will be high though.

This is Husky Football. We hire shit AD'a who were part of the problem. The majority of the fan base thought Sark was a very good coach. We win sustainability awards.

It's a shit program that has a nice stadium and was relevant 30 years ago. In the 30 years since, how many conference titles has UW been in contention going into the last two weeks of the season? Maybe 3?

I was in denial until Pete's first year. He was so bad that season that it ruined Husky Football for me. Sark was gone and we actually got worse. That preseason was the last time I'll ever doog it up until we win a championship.

I've given up on the program until they win. Give us a fucking championship or get the fuck out. I'm over the mediocrity.

Translation: Bandwagon
    I don't even remember life before being a Husky Fan. I was born into it.

Getting fed up with a loser program makes me a bandwagon fan?

You supported Sark until year 5. You thought Emmert was a good president. I'm sure you supported Ty as well.
    Worst kind of Husky fan!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    No
    Better seats for me!!!'!!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    No
    HuskyInAZ said:

Win 10+ or GTFO.

Well even if he wins 10+ it still depends on how we win/lose. If every win is pretty close and we get blown out by both Oregon/Stanford than GTFO.

Your an idiot. WGAF who they win or lose to. Are you suggesting that beating Oregon/Stanford would be better than losing to Arizona/WSU? 10 wins would be huge, and who those wins come against, IDGAF.
    10 wins means 6-3 in conference.

That's a crap season.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    No
    PurpleJ said:

29 still think he's the guy and only 8 do not. I guess 4-5 records can buy a lot of good will here.

Doogs gonna Doog.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes

Tequilla said:

If the offense is better, the defense will be worse and/or have key guys injured. Or we lose 4 or 5 games by 3 or less an blow out everyone else. Our SRS rating will be high though.

This is Husky Football. We hire shit AD'a who were part of the problem. The majority of the fan base thought Sark was a very good coach. We win sustainability awards.

It's a shit program that has a nice stadium and was relevant 30 years ago. In the 30 years since, how many conference titles has UW been in contention going into the last two weeks of the season? Maybe 3?

I was in denial until Pete's first year. He was so bad that season that it ruined Husky Football for me. Sark was gone and we actually got worse. That preseason was the last time I'll ever doog it up until we win a championship.

I've given up on the program until they win. Give us a fucking championship or get the fuck out. I'm over the mediocrity.

Are you gonna let Roadie back on the bandwagon?
    I don't care where he stands and when he gets on or off ...

But his comments were Exhibit A of what a bandwagon fan looks like
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    No
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Except it's not.

And it sounds like you care.
    Yes

Tequilla said:

You supported Sark until year 5. You thought Emmert was a good president. I'm sure you supported Ty as well.
    You confuse what I say versus what I feel ...

Sark wasn't in a terminable situation really until Year 5 ... you could see the signs even going back to Year 2 but after scapegoating the D staff after Year 3 he bought himself 1-2 years to remedy the program.

My comments on Emmert were largely focused on the thesis that he was the one largely responsible for destroying the program ... the destruction started before he arrived ... same argument with respect to Woodward and in particular the decision to retain Ty for 2008 ... Woodward wasn't the full time AD until just before the start of the season ... expecting anything else from him in that spot is idiotic

I was never a huge fan of Ty but instead just sat back and gave him a chance ... wasn't hard to see the loser in the program and the decision to fire after 2007 was an easy one based on merits
    Yes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Except it's not.

If "I've given up on the program until they win" isn't the definition of a bandwagon statement, then ISIS probably wasn't responsible for the bombings in Turkey either
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Sark wasn't in a terminable situation really until Year 5 ... you could see the signs even going back to Year 2 but after scapegoating the D staff after Year 3 he bought himself 1-2 years to remedy the program.
    Even if you were barking for Sark the first 3 years, 2012 he can't come back. You can't come back after those two absolute abortions for games. Tack on the Arizona game that year as well. No way in fucking hell a school that cares about football keeps him on after that season.
    Yes
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Even if you were barking for Sark the first 3 years, 2012 he can't come back. You can't come back after those two absolute abortions for games. Tack on the Arizona game that year as well. No way in fucking hell a school that cares about football keeps him on after that season.
    How many years did Georgia keep Richt even though 95% knew that they would always lose the game or two needed to fuck them up?

Sark had a ton of goodwill built up with the average fan bringing back from 0-12. After the 2011 bowl debacle, he fired the defensive staff and earned some extra time to prove how much was him vs them. Given some of the roster turnover in 2012 coupled with some decent wins over Stanford and Oregon St, that offset enough of the negative. A prudent AD would let Sark know that he's seeing similar signs YoY and that improvement needed in 2013. When he showed that he didn't, he earned a potential pink slip.

Now, if Sark's addictions and off field issues were more visible to the public, that may have been able to swing more support to an earlier termination.

People on this board sometimes need to take a step back from their caring of results etc at the upper 1% (or greater) of all interests in the program. There are far more considerations that go into executive decisions like this including the cost to make the current problem go away and cost for a replacement. The decisions are easy when you have all resources are available ... not always the case though.
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Tequila should just admit that deep down he knows that Husky football sucks. That's why he follows TCU so intently.

I follow TCU as an alum

I also respect how well they run the AD and the transparency they have with their supporters ... something that the UW AD would be wise to take a look at
    Yes
    Fuck off J you millennial twat

I don't disagree that demanding more out of the AD and University than what they have at times in the past is required ... it is one of the reasons I've been so vocal about that here, DM, on Twitter, and now on the TSIO pod ...

But unlike you where UW season tix is a financial decision between the games or weed while you watch the games at home, my financial support of the program keeps it moving so that the potential of better days are possible. People like me keep this program from legitimately going into financial default and UW looking like WSU or Oregon St ...

Have you ever thought about what actually would happen if ALL 45,000 UW season tix holders decided not to renew and thereby leaving UW playing in an empty stadium and an AD budget that would be massively in the red?

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    No
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Except it's not.

If "I've given up on the program until they win" isn't the definition of a bandwagon statement, then ISIS probably wasn't responsible for the bombings in Turkey either
    All the Boston Red Sox fans in Seattle are the definition of "bandwagon".

Being fed up with a program that has kicked you in the balls for 15 years straight despite copious amounts of time and money invested and sticking with it anyways is NOT the behavior of a bandwagon fan.
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

You ever hear of capitalism? Vote with your dollar?

I don't repeatedly buy a shitty product and expect a company to make a better one. I stop buying the product so that they fail because it's what they deserve. UW deserves to look like OSU and WSU right now based on the total lack of competence from those in charge. Those people deserve to be fired and replaced with someone else who can do better. The only effective way to achieve this is by affecting their bottom line.

You have a fucking MBA and you are too thick to understand this. Let that sink in for a bit.

P.S. All 45K season ticket holders would never cancel all at once, so your hypothetical scenario is bullshit. It happens gradually over time. But I am glad that the AD is in the red right now and they absolutely deserve to reap what they sow. If they want their funding for olympic sports back, they can take care of the cash cow for once.

You fail in your comparison because IF you have a stake in a product you don't pull all support to make it fail ...

There's a difference between pulling funding, providing enough funding to maintain operations, and giving excess to invest. There's no question that the AD isn't being given anything in excess of base operations (and that's even questionable) ... that's very typical of stakeholders invested in a product or company that isn't buying what the current management is selling.

What % of the 45k season ticket holders do you think are tied into HH or any of the associated podcasts, etc? Even if just that segment pulled their entire support as you would advocate, that would start putting the AD in an operational hole that could harm future performance that would take a while to recover from ... see how long it has taken to recover from a series of bad hires and decisions to the point that even when you have made a good one (Petersen) people like you are in a hurry to run his ass out of town ...

Personally I don't give a shit what you do with your own time and money ... to each their own. But at the same time, don't fucking go around passing judgement on how others spend their time and money. I guarantee that what I spend on UW football each year is less than what you spend on items that I'd view as a tremendous waste of your time and money ...

Yes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Except it's not.

All the Boston Red Sox fans in Seattle are the definition of "bandwagon".

Being fed up with a program that has kicked you in the balls for 15 years straight despite copious amounts of time and money invested and sticking with it anyways is NOT the behavior of a bandwagon fan.
    I have absolutely no problem with anybody that has made the decision to pull their support with time, money, etc ... personal decision for all to make.

What I do have a problem with is those that can't see that there are alternative views and considerations that others have and react as if they are FS or whatever.

There's no way anybody can argue right now that the UW AD is well funded and supported ... and given their track record over the last 20-25 years and in particular the last 10-15 years, it shouldn't be because they haven't adequately proven that they have the chops to properly invest surpluses and run the business well.