Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    I don't have a stake in anything. I am a consumer. I don't own Husky football and neither do you. I choose not to pay for a shit product until they decide to produce a better one. Whose dick did you suck to get your MBA?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

I don't have a stake in anything. I am a consumer. I don't own Husky football and neither do you. I choose not to pay for a shit product until they decide to produce a better one. Whose dick did you suck to get your MBA?

Are you an alum?
    Do you watch the product?
    Do you attend games?
    Does the subject of UW sports and in particular UW football take up your time?

Those are just a handful of questions that if you answer yes to you are a stakeholder of the product whether you want to agree with that or not.

Again, I don't care what you do with your time or money ...

But thanks for once again proving that you have no clue what you are talking about
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

HuskyInAZ said:

Win 10+ or GTFO.

Well even if he wins 10+ it still depends on how we win/lose. If every win is pretty close and we get blown out by both Oregon/Stanford than GTFO.

Your an idiot. WGAF who they win or lose to. Are you suggesting that beating Oregon/Stanford would be better than losing to Arizona/WSU? 10 wins would be huge, and who those wins come against, IDGAF.
    10 wins means 6-3 in conference.

That's a crap season.
    Let's debate it WHEN and IF it happens.

Baseman said:

PurpleJ said:

10 wins with this schedule, assuming one is the NOGAF Bowl, is not that impressive. That means you swept your shitty non-conference schedule and went 6-3 in one of the worst major conferences in the nation, likely with all three losses coming to actual contenders. It would be incremental progress and enough to buy him year 4, but I wouldn't be impressed or satisfied with that.

Show me 10 wins. It's been 16 years. Even with this horseshit schedule, it's a giant step up forward. Until then, fuck off.
    Just because every other PAC school has won 10 games more recently than UW you think it's reasonable to expect 10 win seasons more than once every 16 years?
    I expect 10+ win seasons every year, especially with the shit non-confrence opponents on the schedule and playing 9 Pac-12 teams.

Win 10 this year and let's debate if Pete might be the guy. He could be. But as it stands now, he's an overpaid and overhyped charlatan.
    No
    You've missed my point here you dumb ass fucking donkey. Using being a stakeholder as a basis for your argument here is fucktarded. You should know that it's the money that matters here, not whether I waste my time talking about it on the internet.

The only thing you listed there that contributes to the bottom line is the tickets, and I won't buy anything but second hand tickets that were already purchased buy someone else (usually a sad sap that was stupid enough to buy season tickets). I don't have a ratings box on my TV and I doubt the advertising from a single TV watching the game contributes much to the TV contract or advertising dollars.

Again. Whose dick did you have to suck to get your MBA?
    No
    Let's get back to talking about our standard for the program and whether we think Pete is the guy. God knows the gutless pussies in charge will never hold anyone to those standards, but it's sure fun to commiserate together with irrelevant banter.
    Yes
    J you don't get it and it doesn't surprise me

Stay classy
    No
    Tequilla said:

J you don't get it and it doesn't surprise me

Stay classy

Uh huh. Says the dumbass that doesn't understand where the money to fund the AD comes from to begin with. Being a stakeholder doesn't make someone a customer.
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Let's get back to talking about our standard for the program and whether we think Pete is the guy. God knows the gutless pussies in charge will never hold anyone to those standards, but it's sure fun to commiserate together with irrelevant banter.

Start by setting your standards
    Yes

We all watch the games and at times come here to talk Husky Football. How is anyone here a bandwagon fan?

Nobody thinks you aren't a loyal fan Tequilla. You are. You're just a dumbass doog who thinks being optimistic makes you a better fan.

I don't blame anybody for saying that they are invested when things are going well and check out a bit when they aren't ... that's human nature and we all do that.

I think most associate bandwagon as the person that only roots for the team when they are winning ... take your standard issue 12 as an example ...

I do think that checking out a bit when things aren't going well can be dangerous if too many check out and it leads to general apathy. My general experience is that you have to be more involved in the front end to get things working right than on the back end of a process when everything is running smoothly.

I do think that there are bandwagon elements when it comes to choosing when you are involved ... but compared to the typical bandwagon fan, you are far removed from that
    No
    I'm a dumb millennial for being smart enough not to waste my money in the first place, right Tequila?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    No
    Cohen12 said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off J you millennial twat

I don't disagree that demanding more out of the AD and University than what they have at times in the past is required ... it is one of the reasons I've been so vocal about that here, DM, on Twitter, and now on the TSIO pod ...

But unlike you where UW season tix is a financial decision between the games or weed while you watch the games at home, my financial support of the program keeps it moving so that the potential of better days are possible. People like me keep this program from legitimately going into financial default and UW looking like WSU or Oregon St ...

Have you ever thought about what actually would happen if ALL 45,000 UW season tix holders decided not to renew and thereby leaving UW playing in an empty stadium and an AD budget that would be massively in the red?

You are the only person here I like. Scissor?
    Not sure what this says about Tequilla. Pretty sure it isn't good.