Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    29 still think he's the guy and only 8 do not. I guess 4-5 records can buy a lot of good will here.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    No

Any loss is unforgivable.

The Pac-12 sucks this year.

The South is loaded.
    The Arizona schools are SERIOUS about football now.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes

If the offense is better, the defense will be worse and/or have key guys injured. Or we lose 4 or 5 games by 3 or less an blow out everyone else. Our SRS rating will be high though.

This is Husky Football. We hire shit AD'a who were part of the problem. The majority of the fan base thought Sark was a very good coach. We win sustainability awards.

It's a shit program that has a nice stadium and was relevant 30 years ago. In the 30 years since, how many conference titles has UW been in contention going into the last two weeks of the season? Maybe 3?

I was in denial until Pete's first year. He was so bad that season that it ruined Husky Football for me. Sark was gone and we actually got worse. That preseason was the last time I'll ever doog it up until we win a championship.

I've given up on the program until they win. Give us a fucking championship or get the fuck out. I'm over the mediocrity.

Translation: Bandwagon
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    No
    Tequilla said:

If the offense is better, the defense will be worse and/or have key guys injured. Or we lose 4 or 5 games by 3 or less an blow out everyone else. Our SRS rating will be high though.

This is Husky Football. We hire shit AD'a who were part of the problem. The majority of the fan base thought Sark was a very good coach. We win sustainability awards.

It's a shit program that has a nice stadium and was relevant 30 years ago. In the 30 years since, how many conference titles has UW been in contention going into the last two weeks of the season? Maybe 3?

I was in denial until Pete's first year. He was so bad that season that it ruined Husky Football for me. Sark was gone and we actually got worse. That preseason was the last time I'll ever doog it up until we win a championship.

I've given up on the program until they win. Give us a fucking championship or get the fuck out. I'm over the mediocrity.

Translation: Bandwagon
    Are you gonna let Roadie back on the bandwagon?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    Tequila should just admit that deep down he knows that Husky football sucks. That's why he follows TCU so intently.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Certainly nailed the embarrassed and in denial part of Husky fandom.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam

Lady Grim need some, uh, consoling?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited June 2016
    PurpleJ said:

10 wins with this schedule, assuming one is the NOGAF Bowl, is not that impressive. That means you swept your shitty non-conference schedule and went 6-3 in one of the worst major conferences in the nation, likely with all three losses coming to actual contenders. It would be incremental progress and enough to buy him year 4, but I wouldn't be impressed or satisfied with that.

Show me 10 wins. It's been 16 years. Even with this horseshit schedule, it's a giant step up forward. Until then, fuck off.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Yes
    Baseman said:

PurpleJ said:

10 wins with this schedule, assuming one is the NOGAF Bowl, is not that impressive. That means you swept your shitty non-conference schedule and went 6-3 in one of the worst major conferences in the nation, likely with all three losses coming to actual contenders. It would be incremental progress and enough to buy him year 4, but I wouldn't be impressed or satisfied with that.

Show me 10 wins. It's been 16 years. Even with this horseshit schedule, it's a giant step up forward. Until then, fuck off.
    the schedule is boring as hell mostly... of course Central could beat PSU, and PSU beat the cougs,....
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    No
    I'd be satisfied with 10 wins no matter how we earned them. It would finally show us breaking out in some measurable way that isn't based on arcane statistics. I just want to win. It's all I have wanted for over 15 years. If it wasn't for the degenerates on this bored I would have tuned out years ago. Then Jen Cohen hire damn near made me lose it and tune out anyway. I do pretty much think it's over. Officially. FML.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    gmo said:

Lady Grim need some, uh, consoling?
    Bitch NEEDS to get back in the kitchen.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

PurpleJ said:

29 still think he's the guy and only 8 do not. I guess 4-5 records can buy a lot of good will here.

It's up to 33 now and I'm 1 of them. This year is the prove it year but as mentioned, he comes back with a 7-6 record. Hell, he could go 4-9 and still come back thanks to the shit show financial management in the AD office. He could pull a Ty and have an 11-25 record over the next 3 years and at the end of those 3 years, @Cohen12 might get us out of debt to the point that we? can finally hire Nuss.
    I always wondered when Nuss would become the new Mora.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Swaye said:

I'd be satisfied with 10 wins no matter how we earned them. It would finally show us breaking out in some measurable way that isn't based on arcane statistics. I just want to win. It's all I have wanted for over 15 years. If it wasn't for the degenerates on this bored I would have tuned out years ago. Then Jen Cohen hire damn near made me lose it and tune out anyway. I do pretty much think it's over. Officially. FML.

Je Suis Swaye
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Yes
    don't you owe it to yourself to at least try to bang her first?