Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thanks Sawant you terrorist cunt

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited May 2016

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Seattle is the shittiest sports town in the Country that has some density. Why WOULD anyone devote public money to fund an arena for teams that won't be supported unless they are on top???

No it's not.

People not wanting to see the shitshow Mariners lose in person =/= bad sports fans
    You could walk up and get Seahawk tickets for $10 a piece and a smile pre-2004. The Sonics had low capacity and still didn't sell out during the lean years. But I'm hearing your WHL team is killing it this year at the gate so mad props.
    Maybe the worst seats in the stadium

And winners increase interest, who knew?

fucking coog loser
    You clearly don't get what defines a sports town. Keep jerking off onto your Lombardi replica and believe that one win makes Seattle a good sports town.

Winning is what makes a sports town.

Cleveland is probably a sports mecca using your fucktarded logic.

And I don't think Seattle is anything special as far as "sports towns" go. The city will support winners, but I don't blame people for not wanting to watch losers like the Mariners and Huskies.

HTH, even though I know it won't.
    Winning is PART of being a good sports town. The other part is people supporting their pro teams when they aren't doing so well. So they don't leave town. Sound familiar? Chicago is probably the best example of that. Their 5 big league franchises only won one thing in 30 years until Jordan showed up but the town showed up to support them anyway.

That's what defines a good sports town. Not Seahawk fans selling out Century Link after Super Bowl appearances.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Seattle is the shittiest sports town in the Country that has some density. Why WOULD anyone devote public money to fund an arena for teams that won't be supported unless they are on top???

No it's not.

People not wanting to see the shitshow Mariners lose in person =/= bad sports fans
    You could walk up and get Seahawk tickets for $10 a piece and a smile pre-2004. The Sonics had low capacity and still didn't sell out during the lean years. But I'm hearing your WHL team is killing it this year at the gate so mad props.

fucking coog loser
    You clearly don't get what defines a sports town. Keep jerking off onto your Lombardi replica and believe that one win makes Seattle a good sports town.

And I don't think Seattle is anything special as far as "sports towns" go. The city will support winners, but I don't blame people for not wanting to watch losers like the Mariners and Huskies.

Winning is PART of being a good sports town. The other part is people supporting their pro teams when they aren't doing so well. So they don't leave town. Sound familiar? Chicago is probably the best example of that. Their 5 big league franchises only won one thing in 30 years until Jordan showed up but the town showed up to support them anyway.

That's what defines a good sports town. Not Seahawk fans selling out Century Link after Super Bowl appearances.
    The Seahawks have almost always had a lot of support

And people in Chicago like the Cubs because it's pretty much an excuse to get drunk and party.

Not many loser franchises are supported in the US like the Cubs are...at UW we called it a statistical outlier.

Not sure what they teach in cow town.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

fucking coog loser

And people in Chicago like the Cubs because it's pretty much an excuse to get drunk and party.

Not many loser franchises are supported in the US like the Cubs are...at UW we called it a statistical outlier.

Myopia is what they teach wherever the fuck you went to school obviously as you forgot about the Bears, Bulls, White Sox and Blackhawks and the support that Chicago has given them win or lose.

You've stumbled over the Hondo bar and have arrived in imaloser land. Congrats.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

fucking coog loser

Myopia is what they teach wherever the fuck you went to school obviously as you forgot about the Bears, Bulls, White Sox and Blackhawks and the support that Chicago has given them win or lose.

You've stumbled over the Hondo bar and have arrived in imaloser land. Congrats.
    Those teams still had winning seasons you fucking dipshit.

They weren't inept on an annual basis ala the Mariners

I like a lot of the stuff you post. But you're dead wrong on this, partner
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

I want the Sonics back, and it's possible that this was the best deal that Hansen is willing to make, but property taxes are starting to get out of control as it is and where else are you going to get the money without an income tax.

Unless I've completely misread the entire proposed funding, none of the funding was going to be put in a position where the general population was going to be paying for it regardless of use. The public contribution was going to be all dependent upon those that would use the facility through taxes on tickets, etc. Simply put, if you don't want to pay taxes, then don't go to the arena. No change in anybody's lives as it is.

As someone without kids (and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this bored in this position), I could argue that I'm pissed at some of the taxes that I pay to support educational initiatives because they don't directly impact me. Or, just as likely, I could complain about how much funding goes to furthering the arts given that I don't go to an art museum, a symphony, etc. But who am I say that my interests are better/worse than others.
    So when the teams suck and the arena is half full of actual paying attendants, who will foot the bill then?
    Pretty sure the ownership group if I've followed along correctly
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited May 2016
    I like to use Chicago as an example of a great sports town but overlook the vast empty seats for Blackhawks games as recent as 10-15 years ago ... but you're a FS Coug like that
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I didn't read the whole thread, but the 4 guys on the council that have an ounce of civic pride voted yes

The 5 dry vaginas voted no

All that needs to be said

But how is Seattle the most pussified city in America?
    When did Portland get hit by a meteor?
    We? have an arena.

I didn't read the whole thread, but the 4 guys on the council that have an ounce of civic pride voted yes

We? have an arena.
    So does Seattle

It's just a piece of shit one.

Also, NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

The Blazers are a million times better than the M's though
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

We? have an arena.
    So does Seattle

Oregon has its own pro football team.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    I think the smartest sports fans are bandwagon fans. Put shit on the field, I'm not watching and not buying tickets. Improve and have success, and I'm buying and watching. Who the fuck wants to watch losers lose? Cuogs? As if cheering fans have fuck all to do with winning anyway.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

We? have an arena.
    So does Seattle

#OurTimbers????
  • SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 287

We? have an arena.
    So does Seattle

#OurThunderSteel
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think the smartest sports fans are bandwagon fans. Put shit on the field, I'm not watching and not buying tickets. Improve and have success, and I'm buying and watching. Who the fuck wants to watch losers lose? Cuogs? As if cheering fans have fuck all to do with winning anyway.

I've completely changed my views on bandwagon fans the past few years. Even if you are rich, wasting money on loser teams is FS.
    @RoadDawg55: It's not just the money. It's having my time wasted and being taken as a fool by organizations employing multi-millionaires (pro sports), or "sponsoring student athletes" (college sports) who have such little respect for the fanbase, and/or whom are driving some feel-good, PC-driven "it's only a game" agenda that they can't tell or don't know the difference between genuine passion and effort, and phone-it-in pretenders wearing their team colors. They sip wine, murmur "Go Team" once in awhile, get their photo ops and just expect fans to show up and overpay for the product on the field. Well, fuck that. I'd rather watch my paint dry. At least it gets it's job done.
    edited May 2016
    And one more thing: Can we make it a rule to never put "Sawant" and "Cunt" in the same sentence again?

I'm shaking and about to vomit putrid smelly acidic bile that smell's better than Sawant's breath, I'm sure.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

PurpleJ said:

Is the rental located in your ass? #assflow for pumpy

Jesus J, I just shake my head in disbelief at the shit that flows out your ass. Someday you and the family might be able to afford the trip north to Seattle from Roy. It'll be a short stay though. The cost to feed the family and park will force a quick exit back to the south sound and the nearest golden corral.

If someday you find a high paying $15 Sawant job up here, the company will be insolvent by the time you interview so DO NOT quit the day job in Buckley beforehand. That's free puppy advice. Any more will cost you
    It's precisely this thinking that needs to change. That real estate belongs to ALL of us.

Rents should revert to 30 year mean average. Landlords should be taxed a "community usage fee" for each renter for the burden they put on community seeeervices.

Landlords should be fined if they try to pass tax increases on to renters.
    You serious Clark?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Sledog said:

Arena proposal voted down. Fuck Seattle, fuck their butthuffing mayor, fuck the city council, fuck every new fish transplant that lives here.

Im a wild Seattle resident. I dont even know this city, or State anymore, the city I grew up in. Im selling my real estate in this buttfuckered city and moving to idaho. Wont pay another tax to these rainblow warrior sodomists.

Just leave Seattle in Seattle when you come to Idaho!
    Ive been in idaho part time for 20 years. I ditch Seattle the second I head down the Lewiston grade. No worries sledog

PurpleJ said:

Is the rental located in your ass? #assflow for pumpy

Jesus J, I just shake my head in disbelief at the shit that flows out your ass. Someday you and the family might be able to afford the trip north to Seattle from Roy. It'll be a short stay though. The cost to feed the family and park will force a quick exit back to the south sound and the nearest golden corral.

If someday you find a high paying $15 Sawant job up here, the company will be insolvent by the time you interview so DO NOT quit the day job in Buckley beforehand. That's free puppy advice. Any more will cost you
    It's precisely this thinking that needs to change. That real estate belongs to ALL of us.

Rents should revert to 30 year mean average. Landlords should be taxed a "community usage fee" for each renter for the burden they put on community seeeervices.

Landlords should be fined if they try to pass tax increases on to renters.
    Wow. So, no private property, 'cause "it belongs to all of us." No, you Communist-Jungle Resident, it doesn't. It belongs to those who paid for it, best take care of it and put it to it's best use, who in turn pay the taxes that put schools, roads and cops on the beat to protect your ass. If renters want all the shit they keep voting for, they can pay for it through rent increases. That's as fair as it gets.