Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thanks Sawant you terrorist cunt

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Hi there. The NBA can eat a bag of dicks.

More pissed at the fact that the NHL will not be in a position to come
    I am a huge hockey fan. But bringing an NHL franchise to Seattle is fucking moronic. The NHL is already way over-expanded. It's failing in half the markets it's in. The NHL season is way too long, the tickets are way too expensive, the talent is way too watered down, and the league is in too many markets that (like Seattle) have no cultural affinity to hockey.
    Seattle was a hockey town when the NHL had 6 teams. The Totems were a top minor team and the WHL had playoffs and shit. Vancouver, Oakland, and the rest of the West Coast.

If the NHL had come here in 67 with the Sonics it would still be strong here

1919 Stanley Cup champs baby
    Go on Granpda Race. Tell us which of the original six teams played in Seattle.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    Seattle area has supported to WHL teams as long as I remember, be it in Suckattle, Kent, Tacoma, and Everett. The NHL could work.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Tequilla said:

I want the Sonics back, and it's possible that this was the best deal that Hansen is willing to make, but property taxes are starting to get out of control as it is and where else are you going to get the money without an income tax.

Unless I've completely misread the entire proposed funding, none of the funding was going to be put in a position where the general population was going to be paying for it regardless of use. The public contribution was going to be all dependent upon those that would use the facility through taxes on tickets, etc. Simply put, if you don't want to pay taxes, then don't go to the arena. No change in anybody's lives as it is.

As someone without kids (and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this bored in this position), I could argue that I'm pissed at some of the taxes that I pay to support educational initiatives because they don't directly impact me. Or, just as likely, I could complain about how much funding goes to furthering the arts given that I don't go to an art museum, a symphony, etc. But who am I say that my interests are better/worse than others.
    So you'd be ok with another generation of uneducated maniacs running wild?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    Tacoma Sabercats won the 1999 Taylor Cup.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Is it Friday yet?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Seattle area has supported to WHL teams as long as I remember, be it in Suckattle, Kent, Tacoma, and Everett. The NHL could work.

The T-Birds moved from Seattle to Kent. Let that one sink in a bit.
    I'm well aware. Seattle had become too pussified and they needed a more working class base.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    There are tons of dipshits here that would spend entertainment dollars on losing hockey teams rather than another flat screen or whatever for their house. Just look at the Mariners.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

I am a huge hockey fan. But bringing an NHL franchise to Seattle is fucking moronic. The NHL is already way over-expanded. It's failing in half the markets it's in. The NHL season is way too long, the tickets are way too expensive, the talent is way too watered down, and the league is in too many markets that (like Seattle) have no cultural affinity to hockey.
    Seattle was a hockey town when the NHL had 6 teams. The Totems were a top minor team and the WHL had playoffs and shit. Vancouver, Oakland, and the rest of the West Coast.

Damn your 31 minutes. Go Metropolitans (boo Spanish Influenza.)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Damn your 31 minutes. Go Metropolitans (boo Spanish Influenza.)
    Maybe seeing it for the 2nd time will help Jerry get his head out of his ass
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Alzheimers is a devastating disease.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Alzheimers is a devastating disease.
    Especially when it hits the young. I never said Seattle was an original 6. Hence the WHL reference

Maybe a 3rd time will get your head out