Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thanks Sawant you terrorist cunt

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

I didn't read the whole thread, but the 4 guys on the council that have an ounce of civic pride voted yes

The 5 dry vaginas voted no

All that needs to be said

But how is Seattle the most pussified city in America?
    When did Portland get hit by a meteor?
    Be less pussified than Portland. Nothing else matters.
    Wake me when Portland gets an NBA team! HAH!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I didn't read the whole thread, but the 4 guys on the council that have an ounce of civic pride voted yes

The 5 dry vaginas voted no

All that needs to be said

But how is Seattle the most pussified city in America?
    When did Portland get hit by a meteor?
    Be less pussified than Portland. Nothing else matters.

Or San Fran ;)
    San Fran wins at stuff, though.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,252 Standard Supporter

Arena proposal voted down. Fuck Seattle, fuck their butthuffing mayor, fuck the city council, fuck every new fish transplant that lives here.

Im a wild Seattle resident. I dont even know this city, or State anymore, the city I grew up in. Im selling my real estate in this buttfuckered city and moving to idaho. Wont pay another tax to these rainblow warrior sodomists.

Just leave Seattle in Seattle when you come to Idaho!
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Portland wishes they had an NBA team to not build an arena for.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Seattle is the shittiest sports town in the Country that has some density. Why WOULD anyone devote public money to fund an arena for teams that won't be supported unless they are on top???
    Tequilla said:

I want the Sonics back, and it's possible that this was the best deal that Hansen is willing to make, but property taxes are starting to get out of control as it is and where else are you going to get the money without an income tax.

Unless I've completely misread the entire proposed funding, none of the funding was going to be put in a position where the general population was going to be paying for it regardless of use. The public contribution was going to be all dependent upon those that would use the facility through taxes on tickets, etc. Simply put, if you don't want to pay taxes, then don't go to the arena. No change in anybody's lives as it is.

As someone without kids (and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this bored in this position), I could argue that I'm pissed at some of the taxes that I pay to support educational initiatives because they don't directly impact me. Or, just as likely, I could complain about how much funding goes to furthering the arts given that I don't go to an art museum, a symphony, etc. But who am I say that my interests are better/worse than others.
    So when the teams suck and the arena is half full of actual paying attendants, who will foot the bill then?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016
    salemcoog said:

Seattle is the shittiest sports town in the Country that has some density. Why WOULD anyone devote public money to fund an arena for teams that won't be supported unless they are on top???

No it's not.

People not wanting to see the shitshow Mariners lose in person =/= bad sports fans

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

People not wanting to see the shitshow Mariners lose in person =/= bad sports fans
    Must have spent all their money on Huskie season tix.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

Seattle closets are filled with 95-97 jerseys clamoring to see the light if the Mariners would ever win consistently

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

Seattle closets are filled with 95-97 jerseys clamoring to see the light if the Mariners would ever win consistently
    This

Look at the support the Seahawks get. Winners sell tickets

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

You could walk up and get Seahawk tickets for $10 a piece and a smile pre-2004. The Sonics had low capacity and still didn't sell out during the lean years. But I'm hearing your WHL team is killing it this year at the gate so mad props.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

You could walk up and get Seahawk tickets for $10 a piece and a smile pre-2004. The Sonics had low capacity and still didn't sell out during the lean years. But I'm hearing your WHL team is killing it this year at the gate so mad props.
    I don't think you understand his argument lol.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

Maybe the worst seats in the stadium

And winners increase interest, who knew?

fucking coog loser
    I think you need to STFU and jack another IP in hopes of getting accepted on the FIFA '16 higher discussion board.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

fucking coog loser
    You clearly don't get what defines a sports town. Keep jerking off onto your Lombardi replica and believe that one win makes Seattle a good sports town.
    How many other sports towns have Chevron car races? That's what I thought!
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

No it's not.

fucking coog loser
    You clearly don't get what defines a sports town. Keep jerking off onto your Lombardi replica and believe that one win makes Seattle a good sports town.

Winning is what makes a sports town.

Cleveland is probably a sports mecca using your fucktarded logic.

And I don't think Seattle is anything special as far as "sports towns" go. The city will support winners, but I don't blame people for not wanting to watch losers like the Mariners and Huskies.

HTH, even though I know it won't.