Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are you guys scared of Bernie yet?

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    2001400ex said:

You guys are wasting a lot of bandwidth arguing something that'll never happen. Bernie could win with 81% of the vote and he'd never get free college.

HTH

And trump would never be able to ban Muslims from entering the US, even with a republican congress.
    Does that mean we shouldn't talk about that? Because the media says otherwise
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    The Bern is garnering media interest because he's climbing in the polls. However, he is still way behind Clinton according to some polling such as this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-clinton-holds-25-point-national-lead-over-sanders-n498071

The Bern is a loony old man, it's surprising he's putting up any challenge at all, but as @RaceBannon has pointed out, Hillary is a terrible campaigner. She could miss this easy lay up, but IMO she won't, the power dems are all in with her. I think it will take an indictment or something like it to derail her at this point.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

The Bern is garnering media interest because he's climbing in the polls. However, he is still way behind Clinton according to some polling such as this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-clinton-holds-25-point-national-lead-over-sanders-n498071

The Bern is a loony old man, it's surprising he's putting up any challenge at all, but as @RaceBannon has pointed out, Hillary is a terrible campaigner. She could miss this easy lay up, but IMO she won't, the power dems are all in with her. I think it will take an indictment or something like it to derail her at this point.

Actually Hillary is a good campaigner. You can disagree with her politics. But the Clinton machine is powerful in politics. And right now she's doing what she needs to, basically lie low and not do or say much.

Bernie will never win. I don't truly think Trump goes through the whole process. The way he's attacking people. I think he keeps waiting for an attack to go too far and people jump off the bandwagon.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Bernie won't win but some of his policies will end up being enacted no matter who wins. During the next downturn, even if its soft, we will likely see a massive increase in government spending and at somepoint in the next 4-8 years tax increases on the wealthy.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doesn't matter who the prez is, lobbyists run this mother fucker.

The president of the USA is big bidness

Respeq da bidness

Hth
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403

Respeq da bidness

Hth

Rodger goodell

Respeq da bidness

Hth

Bernie is actually the only candidate who wouldn't be controlled by the special interests besides trump who is a blowhard.
    On the other hand congress will still be corrupt as fuck so it probably wouldn't matter
    What I like about sanders is he is mostly a libertarian when it comes to civil stuff like NSA, guns, etc.
    There is some stuff to like. My disdain for him and his candidacy has more to do with his voter base (the pc, pussy far left who I can't stand) than he himself.
    He's also not really someone that commands respect in a room full of world leaders
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Actually Hillary is a good campaigner. You can disagree with her politics. But the Clinton machine is powerful in politics. And right now she's doing what she needs to, basically lie low and not do or say much.

Bernie will never win. I don't truly think Trump goes through the whole process. The way he's attacking people. I think he keeps waiting for an attack to go too far and people jump off the bandwagon.
    I think you missed his point. Yes, the Clinton's as a name brand have a strong ground game and all the power brokers sewn up, but Hillary as a person has never resonated with people. People just don't like her. Because she is a huge cunt. HTH.
    You make it sound like something other than money matters. The reason why there's only 2 other democratic candidates is because no other liberal has the money to compete with Hillary.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

You guys are wasting a lot of bandwidth arguing something that'll never happen. Bernie could win with 81% of the vote and he'd never get free college.

HTH

And trump would never be able to ban Muslims from entering the US, even with a republican congress.
    Does that mean we shouldn't talk about that? Because the media says otherwise
    I still think he should try. Maybe make el chapo pay for the wall.
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

I think you missed his point. Yes, the Clinton's as a name brand have a strong ground game and all the power brokers sewn up, but Hillary as a person has never resonated with people. People just don't like her. Because she is a huge cunt. HTH.
    You make it sound like something other than money matters. The reason why there's only 2 other democratic candidates is because no other liberal has the money to compete with Hillary.
    I like to pretend that left wing power brokers lack the financial wherewithal to field more than one serious candidate. If they wanted legitimate challengers to Hillary, they would have paid for them. Hillary's coronation comes with access for sale to the right buyers, this has been the lasting legacy of the Clintons. The Clintons are very wealthy, and got that way by trading power and influence for favors and financial gain. It is this power and influence that left wing power brokers are buying, same as it ever was.
    edited January 2016

Hillary lost to a Muslim from Kenya

HTH

I laffed. Thing is, there aren't any well spoken muslims from Kenya running against her this time. Just a very old left wing loon and a complete milquetoast. National polling indicates that Hillary has a huge lead. She may lose a few delegates along the way, but barring legal issues, this is a lay up for her.
    dhdawg said:

Respeq da bidness

Hth

Bernie is actually the only candidate who wouldn't be controlled by the special interests besides trump who is a blowhard.
    On the other hand congress will still be corrupt as fuck so it probably wouldn't matter
    Bernie is a politician. He is not insulated from special interest groups, he just caters to those supporting far left causes.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Censored posts.

I figured it would come one day... just thought this site might say something about it first.

Keep it real gang.

I'm Out.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,597 Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    dhdawg said:

What I like about sanders is he is mostly a libertarian when it comes to civil stuff like NSA, guns, etc.
    There is some stuff to like. My disdain for him and his candidacy has more to do with his voter base (the pc, pussy far left who I can't stand) than he himself.
    He's also not really someone that commands respect in a room full of world leaders

There are definitely some annoying liberals (hippies, professional student activist types, pussy hipster guys who carry the baby while the annoying bitch wife carries zilch) but so what? There are annoying people who support any candidate. Just don't interact with them.

People paint him as some far left outlier, but in Europe he wouldn't raise any eyebrows. 99% of what he says is just straight forward and common sense to most people. I can understand how the Chatch wouldn't want his taxes to go up, but for most people, his message ought to resonate or at least seem semi-reasonable.

The way this country is trending, it will like a banana republic in 25 years, and that's not an exaggeration. Maybe people won't live in huts and make tortillas and be illiterate, but the richest 400 families will continue to just accumulate wealth while almost everyone else gets screwed. I don't hear many other politicians laying out any real plans to end that.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dhdawg said:

There are definitely some annoying liberals (hippies, professional student activist types, pussy hipster guys who carry the baby while the annoying bitch wife carries zilch) but so what? There are annoying people who support any candidate. Just don't interact with them.

People paint him as some far left outlier, but in Europe he wouldn't raise any eyebrows. 99% of what he says is just straight forward and common sense to most people. I can understand how the Chatch wouldn't want his taxes to go up, but for most people, his message ought to resonate or at least seem semi-reasonable.

The way this country is trending, it will like a banana republic in 25 years, and that's not an exaggeration. Maybe people won't live in huts and make tortillas and be illiterate, but the richest 400 families will continue to just accumulate wealth while almost everyone else gets screwed. I don't hear many other politicians laying out any real plans to end that.
    I like to say my exaggerated claim isn't an exaggeration, then go on to explain how it is an exaggeration in the next sentence, that's what I like to do.