Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,596
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

George K and the PAC 4 should really look hard at the little league model. I have 6 years of league admin under my belt and would do everything possible to help them raise funds.

Cookie dough sells better than candy bars... Easy $8-10k per season. Volunteer officials save a ton and would improve the officiating anyways. Passing the hat at all the local small businesses, rather than focusing efforts on big donors who hate sports, easily generates another $10k. Entering into a partnership with Kellogg's and Tony the Tiger ups your advertising profile massively and at reduced rates.

There's a lot of potential here if they're willing to modify their business plan.
    Q. How could I say no to a tribal tattooed 300lbs Poly kid selling me cookie dough at my front door?

A. I couldn’t

Brilliant.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

When someone says no one has Seattle on their itinerary you know that person is full of shit. For all its libtard, fentanyl-loving hobo-supporting ways, Seattle remains one of the most visited cities in the country.

These are fucking tourists. Who choose to come here.

Don’t fucking get Seattle confused with Pullman. No one EVER wants to go to Pullman without a damn solid reason, and checking out the bovines ain’t one.

Everyone keeps talking tourists but it's the college educated alumni who moved to the coasts to escape livingin butt fuck Ohio/Michigan/ state that starts with i. There's hoards of them. Every big 10 team has loads of transplants working for major companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing etc. Those people aren't going to miss an opportunity to see their teams play 1 per year.

I can literally find multiple big 10 branded bars within driving distance of my house here in SoCal.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

When someone says no one has Seattle on their itinerary you know that person is full of shit. For all its libtard, fentanyl-loving hobo-supporting ways, Seattle remains one of the most visited cities in the country.

Don’t fucking get Seattle confused with Pullman. No one EVER wants to go to Pullman without a damn solid reason, and checking out the bovines ain’t one.

Everyone keeps talking tourists but it's the college educated alumni who moved to the coasts to escape livingin butt fuck Ohio/Michigan/ state that starts with i. There's hoards of them. Every big 10 team has loads of transplants working for major companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing etc. Those people aren't going to miss an opportunity to see their teams play 1 per year.

I can literally find multiple big 10 branded bars within driving distance of my house here in SoCal.
    Always a lot of Husky fans at the B1G games in Los Angeles
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Stanford and Cal need to recruit at least two more schools beyond WSU and OSU into some kind of ACC-West division. Without that, they're too proud to dine with MWC swine, are not getting a B12 invite. Only other option is to go independent or get some kind of pity invite to the B1G at ten cents on the dollar.

It seems like the best option for WSU and OSU is to sit tight as long as they possibly can and try to hitch a ride with Stanford and Cal. Otherwise they're doomed to the MWC and taking a 90% paycut on tv revenue.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Always a lot of Husky fans at the B1G games in Los Angeles
    There's tons of mouth breathing Midwesterners in Seattle too don't fool yourself.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489

Stanford and Cal need to recruit at least two more schools beyond WSU and OSU into some kind of ACC-West division. Without that, they're too proud to dine with MWC swine, are not getting a B12 invite. Only other option is to go independent or get some kind of pity invite to the B1G at ten cents on the dollar.

It seems like the best option for WSU and OSU is to sit tight as long as they possibly can and try to hitch a ride with Stanford and Cal. Otherwise they're doomed to the MWC and taking a 90% paycut on tv revenue.

Rice and Rice?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,088

Cascadia Coug is a real fucking business titan.

There's not a fucking legal entity known to man that is silent as to termination of interests.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2023
    Adding Central, Willamette, and Linfield would add back lost eyeballs from the UW/Oregon defections.. The home and aways would be epic. @ApostleofGrief
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    Founders Club

Rice and Rice?
    @RoadDawg55 is the Rice expert around here.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,088

Rice and Rice?
    @RoadDawg55 is the Rice expert around here.
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

im pretty sure the apple cup will be played in 2024 but after that, who knows? i could see jen saying 'well, due to scheduling conflicts within our own conference, we couldnt make the game work.'

not even sure it happens in '24 now.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

im pretty sure the apple cup will be played in 2024 but after that, who knows? i could see jen saying 'well, due to scheduling conflicts within our own conference, we couldnt make the game work.'

not even sure it happens in '24 now.
    Same thought. "We're committed to playing the game formerly known as the Civil War in perpetuity until it turns out we have 10 conference games".
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489

My fave comment so far today is "The B1G is playing chess, the SEC is playing poker, the Big-12 is playing Monopoly, and the ACC is playing in the road."
    TBF, the Big 12 and ACC are the living dead at this point. The SEC or Big Ten could kill them at any time.

Once someone finds a way out of the ACC GOR, Florida State, Clemson, and Miami are bolting. Once 1 or 2 of them are gone, UNC, Duke, and Virginia will follow. It won't last long after that.

Same for the Big 12. If the Big Ten or SEC wanted any team, they would get them in a heartbeat.