Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,741 Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

I expected this thread to have bouncing boobs from Colorado

@PurpleThrobber

Been busy looking at the Olivia Munn in a hot tub gif.
    The one of sloppy Jen in a full body leopard suit lying on her back didn’t do it for you?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,741 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

I’m not sold on this bump on ticket sales. The team is changing conference, not local demos.

The Midwest teams travel. Not all of them, but the big programs do.
    Travelers would tOSU, the Michigans, Penn State, Wisky, maybe Iowa. How many will Washington get at home a year? Two? One more likely.
    Oregon and Washington are the new OS and WSU of the conference. You will be attending Columbus, Ann Arbor and State Pen soon. But it will be quite a few years before you see a return visit.

But the visits from Minny, Ilinois, Northwestern and Rutgers will no doubt light a candle that just can’t be extinguished.

Unlike the carcass that was the Pac12, the Big 10 knows how to take care of their own.

And even though you are admitted. You ain’t their own yet.

And won’t be for awhile.

Something about souls and treasure comes to mind.
    Udub gets into a ny6 or better and those Peter puffers will be hollering about how much better the conference is now and blah blah. They’ll claim them when they realize they need to and hopefully that’s after this yr.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,956 Founders Club

The B1G wants Ohio St., Michigan, etc. playing in Husky Stadium. It's great TV. That's what this is about. Sells subscriptions, gets viewers.

Right up there with UW @ Rutgers with the hottub cam
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824
    edited August 2023

I’m not sold on this bump on ticket sales. The team is changing conference, not local demos.

No one has Seattle, Portland or Eugene pegged on their iteninary if they don’t have to. The Big 10 fans don’t want you. They never have. And you’ll find out soon when you show in colors to one of their teams tailgates.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

No one has Seattle, Portland or Eugene pegged on their iteninary if they don’t have to. The Big 10 fans don’t want you. They never have. And you’ll find out soon when you show in colors to one of their teams tailgates.
    That's completely false from what I experienced when MSU was here last year.

"West Lansing!"

They were blown away by UW's campus as well.
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

Your inability to recognize differences makes me disrespect UW under grad programs even more.
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

Your inability to recognize differences makes me disrespect UW under grad programs even more.
    I was there. It was rocking more than pretty much every game during the Pete era except Stanford and USC 2016.

I'm just judging the stimuli put in front of me.

Walking across DrumHeller there was a group of 30+ MSU fans and this guys teenage son says, "I have to give it to them, this is a really dope campus"
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,694
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

Big 10 fans love traveling west and a ton of alumni live on the west coast.

Virtually any Minnesota alumni in Seattle, for instance, would be going to HS for a game with the gopher.
    edited August 2023
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

I was there. It was rocking more than pretty much every game during the Pete era except Stanford and USC 2016.

Walking across DrumHeller there was a group of 30+ MSU fans and this guys teenage son says, "I have to give it to them, this is a really dope campus"
    Again. You miss the point. Which is when YOU go to Indiana,Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska…. And yes, Michigan State. Not many friendly faces to be seen.

If you thought you may have been treated badly as a visitor in Pullman, Eugene or Corvallis. You have no idea what’s coming in the heartland.

an absolute wall of text coming your way but a few more things to share now the dust has settled, keep it in chat:

brett yomark - he's a media guy and has been described to me as 'sleazy' and 'a scumbag,' so he's a perfect, high performing media guy. brett knew he couldnt compete in football with the big 10 and sec so he felt his best play was to kill his football competition, the pac-12, by having colorado be the first domino. he doesnt give a shit about colorado but he knew they would be willing to be the first, since they really didnt have particularly strong ties to the pac 12 nor do they do anything worth a shit in sports. he knew that when he could get the buffs, that he could then get zona/asu/utah and that uw/uo would bail, killing his fball competition and helping next round of media rights. i dont fully understand his cbb play, its only popular 1.5 months a year, but he did what he set out to do, kill the p12. to that, yomark may be 'sleazy' but he should have a statue with pat hayden in husky stadium.

tv deal - this was totally mismanaged and communicated to the public. the p12 ADs/presidents always knew it was going to be 'streaming heavy' but georgie had been looking for a linear partner for quite some time and i guess technically he still is. when monday came, it was presented as 'here's the final numbers from apple, we still would like/are looking for a linear partner, but they're paying us what we owe comcast and are pushing for all streaming.' i think in march he wanted to announce 'we're going to apple and still looking for a linear partner.' there was a lot of hype around it being announced then but he backed off that and we would have bailed in april. since then, and i couldnt get a ton of clarity on this, espn came back to get the 'p12 after dark game of the week' but backed off when iger announced he was looking for a 'strategic partner' for espn. anyway, the ADs/presidents that wanted to leave, knew the deal would be shit, but beavs/cuogs were hoping george pulled off some last minute miracle. i think in uw/uo's book, he did deliver a miracle as the conference died after that meeting and with colorado already gone, that shit deal was all they needed to 'officially' leave.

uw/oregon 'vetting' - i think it was wednesday or thursday that news came 'uw/uo had been vetted by the big 10 and their new commissioner.' this was all bullshit, uw/uo had been 'vetted' all summer long (and probably throughout this year) with the big 10 and their tv partners since everyone knew the p12 tv deal was going to be shit. sure, sports media reported/believed that two universities were actually 'vetted' in 48 hours in the middle of summer, shits been happening all year. regardless of this week, not that it matters at this point, uw/uo were still gone by the time the next big 10 tv deal renewal in 29/30. uw/uo probably 'accpeted' their big 10 invite sometime on monday night or tuesday, which leads us to...

friday morning shitshow - i would call it 'the day the pac died' but they were doa well before friday. i think canzano and the athletic put out tweets (i cant find them now) around the lines of 'pac 12 is going to vote on its grant of rights, everyone is going to say yes.' we know now (and some technically gifted posters knew then but couldnt post their full thoughts since they were trying to post on mobile while presenting to clients) this was all bullshit, george (or someone at the p12 office) had canzano/athletic/everyone else put out the tweet as one last 'all is well' message. he was going to burn all his bridges but that that point it didnt even matter because he was beyond fucked. with all the alleged smoke, and with george knowing that this was it, it was disguised as a vote (which yeah, did actually happen) but instead was a 'who's in/who's out.' i dont know george knew what each big10/big12 bound school was doing (he is pretty clueless) but i think he knew friday schools would start announcing and he 'wanted to hear first.' it was a last minute meeting called at 8am PST on a fucking friday in the middle of summer, if all the schools were going to vote 'yes' they would have done that shit on a wednesday at noon and made a ceremony about it. lastly on that, even if, albeit how small of chance uw did sign that GOR, their lawyers would have had an easy out for the big 10. i never saw it coming to that, we were going regardless after what was presented on monday.

yes, thats a lot of text, but i talked a lot of shit in this thread since june. here's a few more things:

cal/stanford/bay area tv market - i honestly have no idea what happens with these guys but cal with all their debt is beyond fucked with this cut in revenue. i think wilner will tell you 'the big 10 will add cal/furd to get the large bay area tv market.' im just not seeing it. if you live in the bay area and have cable, you probably have nbc, fox, and cbs, so, those alleged cal/furd subscribers are already 'subscribed' to those channels like the rest of america. both wilner and sandra got caught up in this, in the first round of realignment when rutgers and maryland came to the big 10, the big 10 network was a channel add on and needing subscribers, so adding to ny/nj and DC made a lot of sense. but the big 10 tv deal isnt on cable, its over the air broadcasting. dont get me started on peacock either, adding cal/furd isnt going to boost that subscriber base in the bay area by that much of adding those two. academis aside, what would cal/stanford bring to the big 10? neither give a shit about football, neither are good anymore at football, and neither can carry tv viewership.

rivalries - i fucking hate this shit, 'we play for a trophy, so its a rivalry.' thats bullshit, its a rivalry because its a good game between good teams. colorado used to be rivals with nebraska, then those game started sucking because both teams started sucking. aTm and texas used to be rivals, both survived, and i guess theyre now again rivals. oregon/washington is a rivalry because its good teams playing in good games. when was the last time the apple cup was a 12:30 PST kickoff on ABC? i honestly have no idea. im pretty sure the apple cup will be played in 2024 but after that, who knows? i could see jen saying 'well, due to scheduling conflicts within our own conference, we couldnt make the game work.' or, since the concept of ABC OOC scheduling is probably going by the wayside, then apple cup could live on as our 'B' game. im not 100% sure either side really wants to keep playing after what culminated this week.

cuog/boov - the corpse of the p12 will merge with the MWC, i think itll still be the 'Pac-whatever,' and maybe george is still the commish. cuog/boov dont have as much debt as cal does (retrofitting stadiums across fault lines in the state of california is EXPENSIVE) but theyre going to be in a financial burden. honestly, theyre probably a better 'fit' with the boises and san diego states of the world, its a better alignment both athletically and academically with them. at this point, those schools just need to know where the check in 2024 is coming from, how much it is, and balance the fuck out of their athletic budget.

tl;dr - uw was gone before monday, media deal was the final nail in the p12 coffin, friday meeting/GOR is getting signed was a smokescreen, we rich bitch.

You had me? until the Academis comment. The most Academis in your new conference is also a wet carcass.

Yes Coog like me knew this was coming. But just not in a tsunami. Makes you wonder about bigger things like financial systems and Governments.

But I Tugress.

If you’re the guy claiming butt hurt to a Boov or Coog. You’re not seeing the big picture imo.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Kaepsknee said:

an absolute wall of text coming your way but a few more things to share now the dust has settled, keep it in chat:

brett yomark - he's a media guy and has been described to me as 'sleazy' and 'a scumbag,' so he's a perfect, high performing media guy. brett knew he couldnt compete in football with the big 10 and sec so he felt his best play was to kill his football competition, the pac-12, by having colorado be the first domino. he doesnt give a shit about colorado but he knew they would be willing to be the first, since they really didnt have particularly strong ties to the pac 12 nor do they do anything worth a shit in sports. he knew that when he could get the buffs, that he could then get zona/asu/utah and that uw/uo would bail, killing his fball competition and helping next round of media rights. i dont fully understand his cbb play, its only popular 1.5 months a year, but he did what he set out to do, kill the p12. to that, yomark may be 'sleazy' but he should have a statue with pat hayden in husky stadium.

tv deal - this was totally mismanaged and communicated to the public. the p12 ADs/presidents always knew it was going to be 'streaming heavy' but georgie had been looking for a linear partner for quite some time and i guess technically he still is. when monday came, it was presented as 'here's the final numbers from apple, we still would like/are looking for a linear partner, but they're paying us what we owe comcast and are pushing for all streaming.' i think in march he wanted to announce 'we're going to apple and still looking for a linear partner.' there was a lot of hype around it being announced then but he backed off that and we would have bailed in april. since then, and i couldnt get a ton of clarity on this, espn came back to get the 'p12 after dark game of the week' but backed off when iger announced he was looking for a 'strategic partner' for espn. anyway, the ADs/presidents that wanted to leave, knew the deal would be shit, but beavs/cuogs were hoping george pulled off some last minute miracle. i think in uw/uo's book, he did deliver a miracle as the conference died after that meeting and with colorado already gone, that shit deal was all they needed to 'officially' leave.

uw/oregon 'vetting' - i think it was wednesday or thursday that news came 'uw/uo had been vetted by the big 10 and their new commissioner.' this was all bullshit, uw/uo had been 'vetted' all summer long (and probably throughout this year) with the big 10 and their tv partners since everyone knew the p12 tv deal was going to be shit. sure, sports media reported/believed that two universities were actually 'vetted' in 48 hours in the middle of summer, shits been happening all year. regardless of this week, not that it matters at this point, uw/uo were still gone by the time the next big 10 tv deal renewal in 29/30. uw/uo probably 'accpeted' their big 10 invite sometime on monday night or tuesday, which leads us to...

friday morning shitshow - i would call it 'the day the pac died' but they were doa well before friday. i think canzano and the athletic put out tweets (i cant find them now) around the lines of 'pac 12 is going to vote on its grant of rights, everyone is going to say yes.' we know now (and some technically gifted posters knew then but couldnt post their full thoughts since they were trying to post on mobile while presenting to clients) this was all bullshit, george (or someone at the p12 office) had canzano/athletic/everyone else put out the tweet as one last 'all is well' message. he was going to burn all his bridges but that that point it didnt even matter because he was beyond fucked. with all the alleged smoke, and with george knowing that this was it, it was disguised as a vote (which yeah, did actually happen) but instead was a 'who's in/who's out.' i dont know george knew what each big10/big12 bound school was doing (he is pretty clueless) but i think he knew friday schools would start announcing and he 'wanted to hear first.' it was a last minute meeting called at 8am PST on a fucking friday in the middle of summer, if all the schools were going to vote 'yes' they would have done that shit on a wednesday at noon and made a ceremony about it. lastly on that, even if, albeit how small of chance uw did sign that GOR, their lawyers would have had an easy out for the big 10. i never saw it coming to that, we were going regardless after what was presented on monday.

yes, thats a lot of text, but i talked a lot of shit in this thread since june. here's a few more things:

cal/stanford/bay area tv market - i honestly have no idea what happens with these guys but cal with all their debt is beyond fucked with this cut in revenue. i think wilner will tell you 'the big 10 will add cal/furd to get the large bay area tv market.' im just not seeing it. if you live in the bay area and have cable, you probably have nbc, fox, and cbs, so, those alleged cal/furd subscribers are already 'subscribed' to those channels like the rest of america. both wilner and sandra got caught up in this, in the first round of realignment when rutgers and maryland came to the big 10, the big 10 network was a channel add on and needing subscribers, so adding to ny/nj and DC made a lot of sense. but the big 10 tv deal isnt on cable, its over the air broadcasting. dont get me started on peacock either, adding cal/furd isnt going to boost that subscriber base in the bay area by that much of adding those two. academis aside, what would cal/stanford bring to the big 10? neither give a shit about football, neither are good anymore at football, and neither can carry tv viewership.

rivalries - i fucking hate this shit, 'we play for a trophy, so its a rivalry.' thats bullshit, its a rivalry because its a good game between good teams. colorado used to be rivals with nebraska, then those game started sucking because both teams started sucking. aTm and texas used to be rivals, both survived, and i guess theyre now again rivals. oregon/washington is a rivalry because its good teams playing in good games. when was the last time the apple cup was a 12:30 PST kickoff on ABC? i honestly have no idea. im pretty sure the apple cup will be played in 2024 but after that, who knows? i could see jen saying 'well, due to scheduling conflicts within our own conference, we couldnt make the game work.' or, since the concept of ABC OOC scheduling is probably going by the wayside, then apple cup could live on as our 'B' game. im not 100% sure either side really wants to keep playing after what culminated this week.

cuog/boov - the corpse of the p12 will merge with the MWC, i think itll still be the 'Pac-whatever,' and maybe george is still the commish. cuog/boov dont have as much debt as cal does (retrofitting stadiums across fault lines in the state of california is EXPENSIVE) but theyre going to be in a financial burden. honestly, theyre probably a better 'fit' with the boises and san diego states of the world, its a better alignment both athletically and academically with them. at this point, those schools just need to know where the check in 2024 is coming from, how much it is, and balance the fuck out of their athletic budget.

tl;dr - uw was gone before monday, media deal was the final nail in the p12 coffin, friday meeting/GOR is getting signed was a smokescreen, we rich bitch.

You had me? until the Academis comment. The most Academis in your new conference is also a wet carcass.

Yes Coog like me knew this was coming. But just not in a tsunami. Makes you wonder about bigger things like financial systems and Governments.

But I Tugress.

If you’re the guy claiming butt hurt to a Boov or Coog. You’re not seeing the big picture imo.
    You TL:Rd that??

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

Again. You miss the point. Which is when YOU go to Indiana,Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska…. And yes, Michigan State. Not many friendly faces to be seen.

If you thought you may have been treated badly as a visitor in Pullman, Eugene or Corvallis. You have no idea what’s coming in the heartland.
    I never said I was treated badly in Eugene, Corvallis and Pullman though. I wasn't.

As to that other shit, whatever. I'm going to fuck my wife in the hotel, plus get a blowjob, leave the hotel, put it on her to watch our kids and then go sit in some "nose bleeds" in some stadium in Iowa City and watch the game.

Sounds like the horror story here is having to drink Budweiser. Whatever.

The B1G wants Ohio St., Michigan, etc. playing in Husky Stadium. It's great TV. That's what this is about. Sells subscriptions, gets viewers.

Subscriptions? Those games will be over the air programming as the Game of the Day. Any swinging dick with an antenna can get this game.

And it will be because it fills a late night spot for Michigan and Ohio State to be a part of once every 3 or 4 years. You’ll be the placeholder. Which is why you were invited. No one cares about 1984, 1991 or 2000 in the land you are embarking upon. Actually no one other than you cared about that in the PAC 12 rip, but I digress.
    Kaepsknee said:

Subscriptions? Those games will be over the air programming as the Game of the Day. Any swinging dick with an antenna can get this game.

And it will be because it fills a late night spot for Michigan and Ohio State to be a part of once every 3 or 4 years. You’ll be the placeholder. Which is why you were invited. No one cares about 1984, 1991 or 2000 in the land you are embarking upon. Actually no one other than you cared about that in the PAC 12 rip, but I digress.
    🤣🍺
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

You sound hurt.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

You mad bro?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,764 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

"West Lansing!"

Big 10 fans love traveling west and a ton of alumni live on the west coast.

Virtually any Minnesota alumni in Seattle, for instance, would be going to HS for a game with the gopher.
    This is great news and another reason joining the B1G makes sense from a financial standpoint.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,709 Swaye's Wigwam
    who is this butthurt guy all over this thread? Gotta be a Coug eh?