Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

If the best 8 teams from the MW joined OSU and WSU it would at least be the 5th best conference

Agreed. It's a scrappy little conference who should get an auto entry in the playoffs, at the start at least. I doubt it works out for very long as the separation between the haves and have nots is going to grow wider than ever.
    Agreed but it's not binary. In 5 years from now they could be in competition for being the 3rd best conference if the ACC implodes and they make up some ground on the B12. Things change
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,569
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023

Arc said:

Arc said:

It seems like the best (crappy) option for OSU and WSU since it does not look like a Big-12 offer is coming. Ultimately, the P5 status would be gone, and any new media deal would much more closely resemble what the MWC currently has, but they'd have a full conference with a reasonable geographic region. This also probably puts them in a much stronger position to try to keep more of the Pac money and network assets than if OSU and WSU were to leave the Pac and join the MWC. If OSU and WSU are completely resigned to the idea that they are no longer going to be power conference teams, isn't this the best move they can make?
    I thought Wazzu and OSU could go independent for a bit and have a scheduling alliance with the MWC like ND does with the ACC.
    Yeah, but what would their TV deal look like for the 2024 season? I guess that could be a decent option if they can figure out the media side of things since it might make it easier for them to move to a better conference the next time conferences reshuffle.

Under this scenario, I imagine they keep most of the assets of the Pac-12 network and use it to compensate for whatever dimes and nickels ESPN or FOX hands out
    What assets?

The Network is basically a room, some cameras, Ashley Adamson, Yogi, and Michael Bumpus. A contract where you actually owe your customer 50 million.

Compare the Pac 12 Postgame show from 2016 to now.

It's all ashes.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Arc said:

Arc said:

It seems like the best (crappy) option for OSU and WSU since it does not look like a Big-12 offer is coming. Ultimately, the P5 status would be gone, and any new media deal would much more closely resemble what the MWC currently has, but they'd have a full conference with a reasonable geographic region. This also probably puts them in a much stronger position to try to keep more of the Pac money and network assets than if OSU and WSU were to leave the Pac and join the MWC. If OSU and WSU are completely resigned to the idea that they are no longer going to be power conference teams, isn't this the best move they can make?
    I thought Wazzu and OSU could go independent for a bit and have a scheduling alliance with the MWC like ND does with the ACC.
    Yeah, but what would their TV deal look like for the 2024 season? I guess that could be a decent option if they can figure out the media side of things since it might make it easier for them to move to a better conference the next time conferences reshuffle.

Under this scenario, I imagine they keep most of the assets of the Pac-12 network and use it to compensate for whatever dimes and nickels ESPN or FOX hands out
    What assets?

The Network is basically a room, some cameras, Ashley Adamson, Yogi, and Michael Bumpus. A contract where you actually owe your customer 50 million.

It's all ashes.

@rodmansrage what is the valuation for the pac12 network?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I believe I read $46 million in assets.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

haie said:

Arc said:

Arc said:

What assets?

It's all ashes.

@rodmansrage what is the valuation for the pac12 network?
    last i heard it was around 10bn.............in zimbabwean dollars, its absolute dogshit.

the tv cameras? who knows what those are on the books for but, media is in the fuckin shitter right now, probably not high demand.

complete side note, and to pile on for how shitty that p12 deal really was, apple requires you to produce your own games. so mls, mlb, they produce the games. producing games costs money, so that paltry payout would have been worse once you subtract production costs.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

if the ACC commish truly believes that shit about Shaw…..

Sike, ACC already fucked.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Acc has sucked for year. They are lucky that Clemson and FSU kept them relevant
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,993
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Dabo - “it’s hard”. He’s done.

Talked with a business owners the other day and instantly started talking college football. I mentioned my infatuation with the dawgs and how peterman said it was hard and then quit shortly after and how Dabo said it and how I think the games passed him by. Didn’t sit well with this guy as he apparently talks to Dabo frequently, or so he says. For those of you thinking I should’ve read the room or not fast played that I honestly don’t GAF. I’m fast twitch when it comes to sales. My AE on the other hand turned shades of red. Putting a $250k contract down on this guys table tomorrow. We’ll see how bad I offended him.

CSB.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Talked with a business owners the other day and instantly started talking college football. I mentioned my infatuation with the dawgs and how peterman said it was hard and then quit shortly after and how Dabo said it and how I think the games passed him by. Didn’t sit well with this guy as he apparently talks to Dabo frequently, or so he says. For those of you thinking I should’ve read the room or not fast played that I honestly don’t GAF. I’m fast twitch when it comes to sales. My AE on the other hand turned shades of red. Putting a $250k contract down on this guys table tomorrow. We’ll see how bad I offended him.

CSB.
    That's an interesting closing technique. I will write that one down.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,993
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

CSB.
    That's an interesting closing technique. I will write that one down.
    When I’m done I’m going to drink my coffee.