Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
it goes without saying, this 'tv deal' thing has been handled pretty shitty, here what im hearin though:

- espn and fox have taken deals off the table. they originally had been bidding for a saturday day game and saturday night game, they've taken those off the table as of the past week or past two weeks.
- p12/10 is now trying to get cbs or nbc to offer packages for those games. p12/10 wants $150mm for those games.
- p12 network is going to go either to apple tv or amazon, it will be a $300mm package. previous poast i said 'its going apple,' somethings changed with me.
- if, and that's a huge fucking IF especially for the linear tv games, that will put the payout higher for the p10 than the b12. that will 'put all member schools at ease,' allegedly.
- colorado has been a willing participant in media negotiations, they have 'gone dark' in the past week so this:

that is real, to an extent, as i dont know about wildcats but i know boofs are talking to the big 12.

- colorado will 'come back to the table' if those tv packages are offered
- colorado 'needs something by august' as they dont want to go into the season with each press conference having questions about 'well what about the b12' and 'when are you going to the b12?'
- the 'final offers' are supposed to be in by 'end of june' but that announcement was supposed to happen in march so who fucking knows.

take all the screenshots you need.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Arizona and Colorado going to the big 12 is not the worst thing.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whatever it takes to get to the B10.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2023

it goes without saying, this 'tv deal' thing has been handled pretty shitty, here what im hearin though:

- espn and fox have taken deals off the table. they originally had been bidding for a saturday day game and saturday night game, they've taken those off the table as of the past week or past two weeks.
    - p12/10 is now trying to get cbs or nbc to offer packages for those games. p12/10 wants $150mm for those games.
    - p12 network is going to go either to apple tv or amazon, it will be a $300mm package. previous poast i said 'its going apple,' somethings changed with me.
    - if, and that's a huge fucking IF especially for the linear tv games, that will put the payout higher for the p10 than the b12. that will 'put all member schools at ease,' allegedly.
    - colorado has been a willing participant in media negotiations, they have 'gone dark' in the past week so this:

that is real, to an extent, as i dont know about wildcats but i know boofs are talking to the big 12.

- colorado will 'come back to the table' if those tv packages are offered
    - colorado 'needs something by august' as they dont want to go into the season with each press conference having questions about 'well what about the b12' and 'when are you going to the b12?'
    - the 'final offers' are supposed to be in by 'end of june' but that announcement was supposed to happen in march so who fucking knows.

Meh. To me it is much more likely that Colorado has little confidence in Prime Time having a significant positive impact in his first year as far as wins and losses go. Absent, a blockbuster deal from the P12/10 Colorado wants to be able to accept the B12 offer before the season begins as a way of ensuring that the B12 doesn't renege once CU realizes just how tough it is to win once they have turned over a roster nearly 75-80 % in less than a year.

If it is true that someone in any position of authority was afraid of press conference questions, then CU is better off in the WAC.

• Options

Arizona and Colorado going to the big 12 is not the worst thing.

Punt Colorado, sub in San Diego State.

Hotter, lower maintenance coeds in SD than Boulder.

had no idea wilner's burner account was throbber.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Meh. To me it is much more likely that Colorado has little confidence in Prime Time having a significant positive impact in his first year as far as wins and losses go. Absent, a blockbuster deal from the P12/10 Colorado wants to be able to accept the B12 offer before the season begins as a way of ensuring that the B12 doesn't renege once CU realizes just how tough it is to win once they have turned over a roster nearly 75-80 % in less than a year.

If it is true that someone in any position of authority was afraid of press conference questions, then CU is better off in the WAC.

boofs in a no win; if prime wins, he gone (they/they boosters don't have the $$$ to keep him, this tv $$ wont help) to the SEC, no warning. if he sucks, itll be a shitshow trying to fire him which will be hilarious for everyone whomst isnt involved.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

sorry, had one other thing to add to original poast:

- the CW deal/offer was real, dont know how much it was for, but was unanimously rejected by p10 presidents for 'political reasons,' since LIV golf is allegedly on it.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado and Arizona can suck a fat dick.

Imagine averaging 3 wins a year forever and then thinking that anyone gives a shit about you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bear down? What the actual fuck? How retarded do you have to be to call yourselves the wildcats, have a slogan like that, and at the same time think you're this blue blood basketball school? Holy fuck.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

haie said:

Bear down? What the actual fuck? How retarded do you have to be to call yourselves the wildcats, have a slogan like that, and at the same time think you're this blue blood basketball school? Holy fuck.

The Story of Bear Down

87262University of Arizona Athletics’ most enduring tradition is the slogan and battle cry, “Bear Down.”

More than a casual piece of encouragement, the rally cry has roots over a century old, to the Roaring ‘20s, and pre-dates another venerated exhortation, “Win one for the Gipper,” by two years.

In the fall of 1926, John Byrd “Button” Salmon was the newly installed student body president at the UA, a promising student and member of note of several of the school’s honor societies. He also was a varsity quarterback, a baseball catcher and generally acclaimed popular campus figure. He embodied all-around.

In early October after the Wildcat varsity defeated the freshman squad in an annual match at the time, Salmon and several friends were returning from a visit to Phoenix, and an automobile crash north of Tucson near Florence left the young athlete critically injured.

Salmon, then 22, lost his battle and died the morning of Oct. 18. A memorial service was held on campus that week, drawing a reported thousand mourners, and a line of cars stretched miles to his burial plot.

The coach at the time, J.F. “Pop” McKale, had visited Salmon in the hospital regularly before his death, and later told the squad the young athlete’s last message to his teammates was, “Tell them... tell the team to bear down.”

It’s unclear whether McKale invoked the phrase to the team before one of several games that year, a contest in Las Cruces against New Mexico A&M (NMSU) that same week, or two weeks later before a game against New Mexico in Tucson. UA won both.

But when word spread, the UA student body drew to the phrase swiftly, and among other uses painted the slogan on the roof of the University gymnasium shortly thereafter, known since as Bear Down Gym. An airplane view of that huge-lettered phrase caused eventual long-time band director Jack K. Lee to write the song, “Bear Down, Arizona” during his application for the UA band job. The song, and Douglas Holsclaw’s “Fight, Wildcats, Fight,” are played throughout University of Arizona sports
    @RaceBannon, PAC-12 historian
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

boofs in a no win; if prime wins, he gone (they/they boosters don't have the $$$ to keep him, this tv $$ wont help) to the SEC, no warning. if he sucks, itll be a shitshow trying to fire him which will be hilarious for everyone whomst isnt involved.
    Couldn't disagree more. For one, someone of Deion's ego and legacy isn't going to allow himself to turn into a Joe Avezzano and endure years of humiliation.
  • Options

i dont think that's entirely true*. like i said in chat, there's supposed to be a tv offer by 'end of june' but with no linear partner, and the fact its summer, i doubt it happens in june.

if it doesnt happen 'by end of august'/before boofs fire up before their first game then the smoke could be legit.

*the big 12 isnt going to turn down colorado regardless what the calendar says. why they wont? i have no idea but those fuckers want to play football in mexico (nb4 but the sun bowel is in mexico!) so its pretty clear they're not thinking straight.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SWAIM wants his "life" back 🤣🍺
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club
    haie said:

SWAIM wants his "life" back 🤣🍺

it was an odd comment for sure
  • Options
    i stole these quotes from the athetic article 'Pac-12 could have media rights deal by end of June, Washington State president says'

Washington State president Kirk Schulz expects to have resolution on the Pac-12’s next TV deal “by the end of the month,” he said at a WSU board of regents meeting Friday.

schulzy reads the chat and/or is in the chat

"It may be fairly flat.” Schulz did not elaborate further, but in the 2022 fiscal year, the conference reported $385.6 million in revenue — an average of $32.1 million per school

p12 is pushing for $40mm per school but thats going to depend if they can get a linear package

A board member followed up by asking how confident he is on a scale of 1 to 10 that the deal will actually be completed by the end of June. “I’d probably put it at a 7,” he said.

with espn/fox walking away, i dont see cbs/nbc seeing the need to overpay. plus, i dont expect a lot to get done the month of june. if there's nothing by august, then shit gets weird.

the board preemptively authorized Schulz to sign off on the deal without board approval, another sign that the finish line is in sight

i thikn the 'grant of rights' deal is much ado about nothing, its like saying 'if we can all decide on a spot to go to dinner, we'll go to dinner.' if the deal is shit, he doesnt need a board meeting to say 'look at this shitty deal, i think its shit, you think i should sign this shit deal.'

“The commissioner (George Kliavkoff) has said once we have a deal, we may need to execute the Grant of Rights over a couple days,” he said. “What we didn’t want to do is have some frantic board meeting in the middle of the summer (to approve it).”

this just reiterates my point from about, not about the shitty dinner, but we're in summer, school is out, uni presidents and board members are are playing golf

tl; dr - we? are no closer AND if we? are truly 'close' its gonna be a shit deal and everyone is gonna be pissed

also, uw/ou will go to the big 10 but that wont be until next big 10 media rights deal that takes place in 28/29 or something like that.