Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “Scoop City” … pardon me if I have my doubts on the reliability of this source.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    <

I would think they would add unc before Clemson.
    So FSU finally secretly broke their iron clad contract with the ACC after months and months of trying to wiggle away and only Scoop City figured it out? Cool. Can’t wait Gif
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

Until SportBoner confirms it, it doesn't mean anything.
    Along with Arizona123 not sure there is a more reliable source on the World Wide Web around these parts.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mountain West announces they’re dropping Mountain from their name.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

Mountain West announces they’re dropping Mountain from their name.
    I want to see SDSU notify the WAC that they are, indeed, leaving the conference on July 1, 2024.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,778
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Arizona is the other shoe that needs to drop.

And really this points to what has been reported for 6+ months, that no one trusts Washington and Oregon to remain committed to the idea of a Pac 12. If the guaranteed Playoff money wasn't on the table, this all happens months ago.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,364
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

He kind of nails it.

Kind of wild in B12 twitter. The number of fans from teams that have sub .500 all time records, and teams whose majority of wins are from the WAC, MWC, MAC, Conference USA, and American Athletic Conference is kind of astounding to witness. I witnessed a Kansas fan literally tweet that they are good again. They went 6-7 last year. I don't think any of the remaining teams are .500 or better against Power 5 competition.
    Yormark is a snake oil salesman.

He kept their conference together. Just without the only 2 schools worth more than 2 Sven bucks.

They got ESPN! Just at less than half the B1G/SEC and chained to ESPN+ (It still has ESPN in the name!).

They're playing a basketball game in New York! They're a "power basketball conference!".

Nevermind that basketball makes nothing outside of 2 weeks a year.

Why it's taken so long to even poach 1 4 corners school. And it was the worst Pac team, and a team that came from that conference, and a team desperate to pay their new coach.
    They got an ESPN contract. P12 thought we could get more. P12 was wrong.

Their schools mostly suck but THEY HAVE A CONTRACT.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    Founders Club
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,503
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

it goes without saying, this 'tv deal' thing has been handled pretty shitty, here what im hearin though:

- espn and fox have taken deals off the table. they originally had been bidding for a saturday day game and saturday night game, they've taken those off the table as of the past week or past two weeks.
    - p12/10 is now trying to get cbs or nbc to offer packages for those games. p12/10 wants $150mm for those games.
    - p12 network is going to go either to apple tv or amazon, it will be a $300mm package. previous poast i said 'its going apple,' somethings changed with me.
    - if, and that's a huge fucking IF especially for the linear tv games, that will put the payout higher for the p10 than the b12. that will 'put all member schools at ease,' allegedly.
    - colorado has been a willing participant in media negotiations, they have 'gone dark' in the past week so this:

that is real, to an extent, as i dont know about wildcats but i know boofs are talking to the big 12.

- colorado will 'come back to the table' if those tv packages are offered
    - colorado 'needs something by august' as they dont want to go into the season with each press conference having questions about 'well what about the b12' and 'when are you going to the b12?'
    - the 'final offers' are supposed to be in by 'end of june' but that announcement was supposed to happen in march so who fucking knows.

take all the screenshots you need.
    Amazing how the deal went from $300m in June to $200m in July
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,052
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ITS BECAUSE BIDEN CANT GET THIS FUCKIN INFLATION UNDER CONTROL!

in all seriousness, this is a really fucked up situation
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club

someone that is good at economy, is this bad?
    Just wait until Kalashnikov gets his SDSU and SMU guysms in there!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the new additions are indeed getting a half share as Ive heard, then at 1 million subscribers, which I think is about what they can expect, the 9 remaining schools in the league would make 24.7 million per school. That should make the four corner exodus an easy financial choice for them. If the four corner schools do depart the pot is bigger for the 6 west coast holdovers. Six new G5 schools at half share, redistributed to the coastal schools brings in 31.9 million for UW, UO, WSU, OSU, Cal and Stanford. If the scales are indeed tipped to UW and Oregon as I've heard then those two would make 37.7 million per year if the other four agreed to 29 million. If Ore/WA really turned the screws I'm sure the other four would go lower on their share for a locked in five year guarantee. 28 million share puts UW at 39.7 , 27 gets them up to 41.7. That said, kill the deal with fire. It's suicide. Tulane, Colorado State, SDSU, SMU and two more teams from such greats as Boise, UNLV, Fresno, Rice or Air Force don't move my needle no matter how much money is shoved under UW's nose to stay. I'm sure Cauce and Jen will probably jump at the chance to keep rubbing elbows with Stanford even if they have to share a dip with Fresno.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club

If the new additions are indeed getting a half share as Ive heard, then at 1 million subscribers, which I think is about what they can expect, the 9 remaining schools in the league would make 24.7 million per school. That should make the four corner exodus an easy financial choice for them. If the four corner schools do depart the pot is bigger for the 6 west coast holdovers. Six new G5 schools at half share, redistributed to the coastal schools brings in 31.9 million for UW, UO, WSU, OSU, Cal and Stanford. If the scales are indeed tipped to UW and Oregon as I've heard then those two would make 37.7 million per year if the other four agreed to 29 million. If Ore/WA really turned the screws I'm sure the other four would go lower on their share for a locked in five year guarantee. 28 million share puts UW at 39.7 , 27 gets them up to 41.7. That said, kill the deal with fire. It's suicide. Tulane, Colorado State, SDSU, SMU and two more teams from such greats as Boise, UNLV, Fresno, Rice or Air Force don't move my needle no matter how much money is shoved under UW's nose to stay. I'm sure Cauce and Jen will probably jump at the chance to keep rubbing elbows with Stanford even if they have to share a dip with Fresno.
    I would love to hear the upper campos explanation as to how slumming it with Tulane, Colorado State, UNLV, Boise, etc is in alignment with UW's alleged academic prowess, but going to the Big 12 would not be.

What a dumpster fire conference that would be.