Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,126
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

TYFYS

I am way too invested in this eventual shit sandwich.

fyfmfe.
    continuing with the shittiness of this post i present this:

Disney could soon sell its TV assets as Iger says business ‘may not be core’ to the company and then this article: Sports Media: Who could take a stake in ESPN? My sources weigh in

cliffs: iger would allow a PE firm to take a stake in espn. newspapers that have gone the PE route have been cut to the bone (which should have happened with where print media has gone) and its going to be interesting to see what happens to ESPN if they go that route.

wont impact the p12 but could be interesting to see what the nba media bid looks like and cornhole is probably done.
    I'm surprised cornhole survived this long in the first place. It was one of the only sports that could be played/shown during covid and that was its only real appeal.
    I'm pretty good at turning a blind eye to things that don't initially interest or appeal to me. I still don't even know WTF cornhole is. I assumed it involved throwing darts or bean bags or something at someone's asshole. I guess that must not be the case.
    I want to play cornhole with you! You’re version seems a lot more fun than what I’m use to.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,706
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

TYFYS

fyfmfe.

Disney could soon sell its TV assets as Iger says business ‘may not be core’ to the company and then this article: Sports Media: Who could take a stake in ESPN? My sources weigh in

cliffs: iger would allow a PE firm to take a stake in espn. newspapers that have gone the PE route have been cut to the bone (which should have happened with where print media has gone) and its going to be interesting to see what happens to ESPN if they go that route.

wont impact the p12 but could be interesting to see what the nba media bid looks like and cornhole is probably done.
    I'm surprised cornhole survived this long in the first place. It was one of the only sports that could be played/shown during covid and that was its only real appeal.
    I'm pretty good at turning a blind eye to things that don't initially interest or appeal to me. I still don't even know WTF cornhole is. I assumed it involved throwing darts or bean bags or something at someone's asshole. I guess that must not be the case.
    I want to play cornhole with you! You’re version seems a lot more fun than what I’m use to.
    Ah...nah.

Try @huskyhooligan it seems right up his alley, so to speak.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

TYFYS

fyfmfe.

Ah...nah.

Don't try to act like we've never met.

You were all "I think I love you hooligan. ... When can we meet again hooligan?" Every other text message I get from @chuck is "I miss you. xoxo."

But yeah, your version of cornhole would make the tailgate ... party more interesting. I'll be sure to propose this to my tailgating group.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,706
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

TYFYS

fyfmfe.

Ah...nah.

You were all "I think I love you hooligan. ... When can we meet again hooligan?" Every other text message I get from @chuck is "I miss you. xoxo."

But yeah, your version of cornhole would make the tailgate ... party more interesting. I'll be sure to propose this to my tailgating group.
    Quit it man. Next you'll be posting my name and phone #.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

TYFYS

fyfmfe.

Ah...nah.

Quit it man. Next you'll be posting my name and phone #.
    https://youtu.be/X8V3N6M0toQ
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The ads for B1G Saturday Night on NBC are glorious free pub for the big

But apple TV is nice too

If UW stays in the Pac I'm out

Guess the B1G better get some attractive Saturday night content then. Ohio St., Michigan and Penn St don't want to play these "late" games. I know a couple teams out west not named USC or UCLA that would love playing "late" 5pm games on national TV.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023

But apple TV is nice too

Guess the B1G better get some attractive Saturday night content then. Ohio St., Michigan and Penn St don't want to play these "late" games. I know a couple teams out west not named USC or UCLA that would love playing "late" 5pm games on national TV.
    It's 7:30 eastern like they play now on ABC or ESPN

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

But apple TV is nice too

It's 7:30 eastern like they play now on ABC or ESPN

Late October and all of November the big boys only play between 12 and 4:30pm EST. They don't want cold, snowy night games and have told the league as much. As the season crescendos it sure would be nice for NBC to have some great content to offer the nation. Purdue v Maryland and Iowa v Illinois doesn't cut it. West coast teams are tanned, rested and ready. The round robin of USC, UW, Oregon and UCLA in November would be an upgrade over most all B1G games if you take out the big 3.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2023

But apple TV is nice too

No conference bitches more about a late kickoff than the pac12. The sec and big 10 do it too with some of their biggest games.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,230

But apple TV is nice too

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

• Options
    edited July 2023

But apple TV is nice too

No conference bitches more about a late kickoff than the pac12. The sec and big 10 do it too with some of their biggest games.
    Late kickoffs for the Big 10 and SEC are 7:30pm eastern, when people are still awake. Late kickoffs for the Pac 12 are 10:30pm eastern.

The Pac 12 should be bitching about late kickoffs since it kills exposure
    This has zero to do with declining attendance though (especially through the middle of October before the weather is a factor).

It's almost like the other regions of the country care more about football. From an exposure standpoint, sure it sucks, you have to make yourself relevant though. It's not On the network to make you a brand.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club

But apple TV is nice too

Late kickoffs for the Big 10 and SEC are 7:30pm eastern, when people are still awake. Late kickoffs for the Pac 12 are 10:30pm eastern.

This has zero to do with declining attendance though (especially through the middle of October before the weather is a factor).

It's almost like the other regions of the country care more about football. From an exposure standpoint, sure it sucks, you have to make yourself relevant though. It's not On the network to make you a brand.
    Declining attendance is happening everywhere, not just the West Coast.

https://news.yahoo.com/college-football-stadiums-declining-gate-luxury-170425972-120925083.html#:~:text=Division I Football Bowl Subdivision,the lowest number since 1981.
  • Options

But apple TV is nice too

https://news.yahoo.com/college-football-stadiums-declining-gate-luxury-170425972-120925083.html#:~:text=Division I Football Bowl Subdivision,the lowest number since 1981.
    The stadium size thing is legit in that it jumped the shark. But one of these conferences is not like the other. In fairness the boov couldn't attend like they wanted. Uw has been declining fast as far as people that actually attend through the gates, ucla is a joke, the bay and Arizona schools barely draw.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just got an email that I get free pee cock premium for two years because of my xfinity account

So I have that going for me which is nice

Guess I'll watch the lads against sparty
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Pac 12 attendance factors in Stanford and Cal. Plus the Arizona schools probably showed really poorly as well.

Basically the South is a pile of shit, same as it ever was.
  • Options
    haie said:

The Pac 12 attendance factors in Stanford and Cal. Plus the Arizona schools probably showed really poorly as well.

Basically the South is a pile of shit, same as it ever was.

I would expect them to include the teams in the conference in the conference attendance numbers.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,126
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

But apple TV is nice too

The stadium size thing is legit in that it jumped the shark. But one of these conferences is not like the other. In fairness the boov couldn't attend like they wanted. Uw has been declining fast as far as people that actually attend through the gates, ucla is a joke, the bay and Arizona schools barely draw.

Any one care to pontificate as to why the ACC jumped so much? I’m saying FSU not sucking ass had a lot to do with it.

Side note, had a chance to catch a Clemson game last year. When they do the hill with Dabo that place went fucking nuts. It was great. DJ sucks even more in person so if little guy gets anything out of him I’m thinking it’ll open some eyes.