Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what im hearing re: p12 network/tv contract/boofs bouncin

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

The B1G wants Ohio St., Michigan, etc. playing in Husky Stadium. It's great TV. That's what this is about. Sells subscriptions, gets viewers.

Subscriptions? Those games will be over the air programming as the Game of the Day. Any swinging dick with an antenna can get this game.

And it will be because it fills a late night spot for Michigan and Ohio State to be a part of once every 3 or 4 years. You’ll be the placeholder. Which is why you were invited. No one cares about 1984, 1991 or 2000 in the land you are embarking upon. Actually no one other than you cared about that in the PAC 12 rip, but I digress.
    You sound hurt.
    Bankruptcy has that effect on people.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven’t seen someone so butt hurt since I went in raw on TOF.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As far as filling the stadium goes I think it's kind of a cop out to hope for the traveling away fans to snap up seats. HS should be one of the few stadiums in the country with a legitimate advantage from the fans. Giving Jen the out to just hope people want to come regardless of what colour their t shirts are is soft

Let's also not forget that even if Ohio St isn't here very often UW will finally be able to play the SoCal schools every year again which in hindsight is one of the absolute most retarded things the PAC could have done by not having those matchups every year
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

As far as filling the stadium goes I think it's kind of a cop out to hope for the traveling away fans to snap up seats. HS should be one of the few stadiums in the country with a legitimate advantage from the fans. Giving Jen the out to just hope people want to come regardless of what colour their t shirts are is soft

Let's also not forget that even if Ohio St isn't here very often UW will finally be able to play the SoCal schools every year again which in hindsight is one of the absolute most retarded things the PAC could have done by not having those matchups every year

This. You get the only matchups that would sell the most tickets from the old conference. Plus one or two big draws from the new conference. Depending on what happens with the apple cup too, it all helps attendance.

And yes the locals don't support the school like they once did for a variety of reasons. But a butt in the seat is a butt in the seat. It's the difference between keeping a shitty basketball coach extra years or not if enough ppl come. Cop out or not. The novelty will wear off Eventually but it's a win regardless.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

UW is not primarily banking on opposing fans filling the stadium from simply a financial standpoint, its just better from a competitive standpoint. The stadium and gameday experience can't help but get better in this scenario.

The MSU game is a good example. Get a midwestern team with a pulse and a fanbase to the stadium and its just more fun.

What UW has been lacking for 20 years is a reason for any football fan of any team whatsoever to give a shit about what happens at Husky stadium.

Having USC in Husky Stadium has always been better than having ASU in the stadium regardless of how good the teams were.

Getting stuck with a steady rotation of P12 north foes Stanford, Cal, Oregon st...That's a snooze fest.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    have to think sdsu's exit fee from mwc is more than what they'd get from the big 12.

why would yormark even want boovs? the p12 is dead, mission accomplished.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Cougs too busy blaming everyone to leverage their way out of the mess they find themselves in? Sounds on brand.

Seriously. This would be the ultimate in Couging it. Missing out on the Big12 to fucking San Diego state because you were too busy bitching about UW and Oregon instead of trying to secure a future for your school would be the most Cuog fucking thing ever. Stupid cunts gonna stupid cunt
    Everything about SDSU is better than WSU.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

have to think sdsu's exit fee from mwc is more than what they'd get from the big 12.

why would yormark even want boovs? the p12 is dead, mission accomplished.
    I thought there was a slight chance Yormark might take Coug and Boove over ASU and Utah because he already had SLC and Phoenix in BYU and UA. With little brothers he theoretically gets Portland and Seattle market share eyeballs. If those presidents weren’t offering a reduced share upon entrance as an enticement then they were asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I honestly thought the pac and acc could’ve come together. I don’t think either of them thought shit was real until it got real.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

im sure Duke and Carolina shootyhoops will be thrilled about traveling to Pullman and Corvallis in the middle of winter.
    Stanford, Cal.... OSU, WSU is such a strange combination. Clearly feels like two separate conferences obv.