Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like I am right again

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    chuck said:

T

Canadawg said:

I just feel like money has diminished return. The most successful teams aren't necessarily the richest. Don't get me wrong you need a certain level but once you have that then putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage for more money seems dumb.

As far as where the rights go I just want whatever makes it easiest to access north of the border. I hope Kliavkoff keeps me in mind

It's not just the immediate $ payoff that matters. All of the blue bloods are consolidating into two super conferences. If UW wants to be one, they have to join. The west is already bleeding talent and relevance eastward. Imagine how bad that's going to be when the two relevant LA schools leave the west as well?

I don't want to fight for tallest midget status with an outside shot at upsetting someone in the playoffs with our scrappy band of 3* recruits and portal castoffs from the super leagues. That sounds pretty lame.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Those are my exact concerns.
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

T

Canadawg said:

I just feel like money has diminished return. The most successful teams aren't necessarily the richest. Don't get me wrong you need a certain level but once you have that then putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage for more money seems dumb.

As far as where the rights go I just want whatever makes it easiest to access north of the border. I hope Kliavkoff keeps me in mind

It's not just the immediate $ payoff that matters. All of the blue bloods are consolidating into two super conferences. If UW wants to be one, they have to join. The west is already bleeding talent and relevance eastward. Imagine how bad that's going to be when the two relevant LA schools leave the west as well?

I don't want to fight for tallest midget status with an outside shot at upsetting someone in the playoffs with our scrappy band of 3* recruits and portal castoffs from the super leagues. That sounds pretty lame.
    If Clemson, FSU, and Miami join the SEC everything is fucked and UW should sell its soul to get into the B1G.

But that hasn't happened yet, and the ACC has more titles recently than the B1G does.

If the ACC survives, so does the PAC. We are still a long ways off from two super conferences.

This scenario is the central assumption for me. I'm not sure I'd change my mind if it were taken away but I'd reevaluate.
    I just don't see it. Both FSU and Clemson proved they can go head to head with the SEC on the biggest stage and win natties.

Why would they give up an easier path to consistent playoffs for a few extra millions? I don't think they will
    FSU and Clemson are situated in much more fertile recruiting territory
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clemson is no longer a playoff team
  • Options
    Founders Club

Has the game passed Dabo by?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

T

Canadawg said:

If Clemson, FSU, and Miami join the SEC everything is fucked and UW should sell its soul to get into the B1G.

But that hasn't happened yet, and the ACC has more titles recently than the B1G does.

If the ACC survives, so does the PAC. We are still a long ways off from two super conferences.

This scenario is the central assumption for me. I'm not sure I'd change my mind if it were taken away but I'd reevaluate.
    I just don't see it. Both FSU and Clemson proved they can go head to head with the SEC on the biggest stage and win natties.

Why would they give up an easier path to consistent playoffs for a few extra millions? I don't think they will
    FSU and Clemson are situated in much more fertile recruiting territory
    Won't matter if we continue to kick ass in the portal. It's not like we are taking scrubs. We are taking proven players.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Maybe, but they have a coach that has played in 4 title games and won two of them.

No one in the B1G compares.

FSU also beat a tuff SEC team for the title.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not 2012 anymore

That was 3 or 4 coaches ago

And it's not 2018 Clemson

In 2022 the B1G had 2 teams in

Not a coincidence
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's not 2012 anymore

That was 3 or 4 coaches ago

And it's not 2018 Clemson

In 2022 the B1G had 2 teams in

Not a coincidence

Clemson was a QB away this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Excuses

It's what's for losers
  • Options
    Founders Club

Excuses

It's what's for losers

Posts that dont actually say anything

It's for Race

Your beloved B1G teams cant even beat TCU
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine having two teams in the playoff and not reaching the title game.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

The B1G has performed even worse than the Pac in semifinal games...

2014 OSU probably got lucky the first two QBs got hurt and Big Dick Jones clapped Bama and Oregon
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Team" is done for because they missed the playoff one year is the lowest form of CFB discussion
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    edited January 2023

Canadawg said:

I think there is a big niche of players that don't want to play in the Midwest in October and November. Alot of players also aren't thinking about conferences as much as fans are. They commit and to play for coaches and schools. There's a world where the B10 isn't stealing a dramatic net difference in west coast talent because all those players from NorCal, Arizona and Washington have parents that just won't fly.

Adding SDSU covers SoCal. Add them at a reduced rate and try it for 5 years.

SDSU brings nothing to the table. No one cares about San Diego, not even people that live there. Definitely not people in LA

You're right though that a lot of West Coast talent will still want to stay on the West Coast.
    I’d add unlv before sdsu. At least one of their 2 major programs has a history of winning at an elite level. Vegas also cares a lot more about unlv (when they’re winning) than sd about sdsu.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517

Church tent preacher Dabo has entered the “I want to play unathletic white dudes over more talented players and also get my talentless son some reps” stage of his career
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

The B1G has performed even worse than the Pac in semifinal games...

2014 OSU probably got lucky the first two QBs got hurt and Big Dick Jones clapped Bama and Oregon
    Gotta enter to win.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Church tent preacher Dabo has entered the “I want to play unathletic white dudes over more talented players and also get my talentless son some reps” stage of his career
    There might be some truth to this, LIPO but his track record speaks for itself
  • Options
    Founders Club

Is that a direct quote?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    ntxduck said:

I saw the Tennessee game too

Shocking regression