Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like I am right again

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The flipping back and forth between games is a huge component. Can you imagine calling into a bar to see if they're streaming Amazon on TV to watch the Huskies play San Diego State?

There's probably a middle ground somewhere, but the last streaming visionary (Larry Scott) just got laughed out of town. You might be right eventually, but like California demanding you drive a tesla by 2030 you're probably jumping the gun.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ill root for my DAWGS no matter what.

Wuff!
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Races coked out frat boy argument has some good points but I definitely don't think the PAC 10 is in a position to directly compete against the P2. The PAC will have to be creative if it wants to make more money.

The issue is that Race is assuming jumping ship and joining the B1G is risk free. Why do we think Clemson hasn't joined the SEC? Is it possible they don't need a few extra million when they can run the ACC as is? They got natties with pennies in a worse league than the PAC.

Keep screaming alpha male nonsense. Maybe we can be Nebraska west.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

That dumbass B1G team couldn't even beat TCU

The B1G has won 1 title in 20 fucking years

Fuck off loser LOL

They have two of the past 20 champions and a representative in this year's title game.

The Pac has one or two titles in that time frame depending on what you consider a title. And both of those are headed to the B1G.

So the new B1G will have 20-25% of the past 20 titles. The Pac will have 0% of them.

I see why you brought this up.
    Who was the other champ besides 2014 Ohio State??
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

They have two of the past 20 champions and a representative in this year's title game.

The Pac has one or two titles in that time frame depending on what you consider a title. And both of those are headed to the B1G.

So the new B1G will have 20-25% of the past 20 titles. The Pac will have 0% of them.

2002 Ohio State
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

2002 Ohio State
    Thought they were 2001. Was that Miami?

Butt still...lets not act like the B1G is some juggernaut. They struggle.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

2002 Ohio State

Definitely hate the B1G.

But die Utah/Cuog/Beav, fucking die...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

2002 Ohio State

2000 we beat Miami
    2001 nobody beat Miami
    2002 tOSU beat Miami in the natty

I think they won something like 32 straight games and had one ring to show for it thanks to the schools Lincoln Keinholz's committed to.

@creepycoug
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even gramps knows you can stream college football on networks on any device. You don't need to bury your product to do so on an app
    Canadawg said:

Races coked out frat boy argument has some good points but I definitely don't think the PAC 10 is in a position to directly compete against the P2. The PAC will have to be creative if it wants to make more money.

The issue is that Race is assuming jumping ship and joining the B1G is risk free. Why do we think Clemson hasn't joined the SEC? Is it possible they don't need a few extra million when they can run the ACC as is? They got natties with pennies in a worse league than the PAC.

Keep screaming alpha male nonsense. Maybe we can be Nebraska west.

This is UW

Soft fucking losers

Larry Scott already tried to be innovative and killed the conference

Leave or die with it you bunch of pussies

There have always been coogs here trashing the SEC and B1G while pimping this loser Pac 12. Why We Suck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just take a higher percentage from the PAC and run the West
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

Just take a higher percentage from the PAC and run the West

If the Pac gets an auto bid and UW gets a high enough percentage to be in the ballpark with the B1G, maybe.

But the other schools are fucking retarded, like Utah, and think they deserve an equal share.

Plus, if (when) UW goes to the B1G they get to play both the LA schools every year like how it fucking should be. This play Arizona and Colorado and get SC twice a decade stuff is fucking bullshit. Fuck this conference.
    Agreed. The fact that Furd and Cal got to play the LA schools every year was an atrocity in hindsight. What were they going to do, go independent?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    If Amazon wants a sports channel on TV, the Pac-12 has all the infrastructure to do that, especially since the Pac-12 can do multiple sports simultaneously

Getting people on Prime is good, but if they want to disrupt the market and play with FOX or ESPN, they'll need to get in the ring with them on TV

Amazon went big getting a piece of the NFL, so we know they're interested. They're not starting with something like Omega Ball, and I imagine they want in all the major US sports within 5 years
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

2002 Ohio State

2000 we beat Miami
    2001 nobody beat Miami

I think they won something like 32 straight games and had one ring to show for it thanks to the schools Lincoln Keinholz's committed to.

@creepycoug
    PI my ass.
    Is that what they are calling in these days?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck off loser LOL

2002 Ohio State

2000 we beat Miami
    2001 nobody beat Miami

@creepycoug
    PI my ass.
    Is that what they are calling in these days?
    Yes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm always willing to take the gloves off against Gramps Race ... except when he's right

The Prime numbers this year for the NFL are disastrous ... you can come up with a number of reasons for that ranging from Amazon getting a lot of really crappy Thursday games this year combined with one of the biggest challenges of watching sports on Prime being that you can't flip around channels (something the streaming people haven't caught onto how ingrained people are with this when it comes to watching sports). For Amazon, I suspect that they are able to rationalize the deal with lower levels of infrastructure vs a network and the upsell to Prime that they are getting with new subscribers and eventually as they uptick the annual cost of Prime by $10-20/yr per subscriber.

What should be terrifying to any P10 member school with a potential Amazon deal is YoY viewership decline for what is generally considered a "must watch" weekly event in the NFL. Those % declines for the NFL will only be worse for the P10. It's really hard to rationally argue around it.

While it may be a short-term money maker for the schools involved, it's going to further erode the brand and reputation of the P12 schools. Moreover, with no tie ins to any of the major national networks, you're almost assuredly going to be out of sight and out of mind in any of the national conversation, highlights, etc.

My personal opinion is that the P10 will never sign another media rights deal ... my projections are as follows:

Big12 comes in and aggressively tries to round their conference out to 16 programs ... the Corner schools will see the Big 12 as offering comparable money and additional stability that the P10 can't offer because ...

Everybody knows that UW and Oregon are off to the Big 10 as soon as they get an invite (timing of which is TBD) ...

Assuming the Corner schools act first, could see both UW and Oregon contemplate independence for a few years until the Big10 eventually comes calling ... an added benefit by going independent is being able to sell the value of the program as a national brand (would require playing more of a national schedule - net net that's a positive for UW all the way around) ...

Corner schools leaving first will limit any noise around UW or Oregon leaving behind their in-state rivals ...

I would expect that Oregon St and Wazzu in such a scenario would look towards joining up with the Mountain West for probably all other sports but football while perhaps trying to play the independent game to buy time ...

Cal and Stanford have long-term decisions to make regarding their role in college sports and I could completely see them bowing out of the high end of football game

There's really no value in the P10 remaining as one conference as there just aren't programs and rivalries that resonate nationally with the exception of a few games ...

It all just comes down to which school(s) bail first
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

Will the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel be doing any sideline reporting for Prime Pac after dark?

Her perkies are legit.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What should be terrifying to any P10 member school with a potential Amazon deal is YoY viewership decline for what is generally considered a "must watch" weekly event in the NFL. Those % declines for the NFL will only be worse for the P10. It's really hard to rationally argue around it.

If it is a great deal the SEC would have done it. You have to assume the Pac was third choice at best for Amazon and they won't need to over pay

The TV idea mentioned is of interest but keeping the Pac isn't