Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Surprised they didn't also trot out the excuse that it's hard to track total viewership numbers due to streaming from mobile devices, etc.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

How much they pay saves us, not how many people watch. Sure, that will catch up in the end, but as long as they can rationalize viewership declines away that offers hope they might do something dumb in our favor.

This.

As long as it pays near B1G or SEC, we'll stay alive
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Mad_Son said:

How much they pay saves us, not how many people watch. Sure, that will catch up in the end, but as long as they can rationalize viewership declines away that offers hope they might do something dumb in our favor.

If the NFL lost that much viewership the amount Amazon will pay for the Pac 12 is likely not to be worth a bucket of warm spit and no one being able to see our DAWGS

I have Prime myself. I like it. But football sucks on it

The B1G and the SEC seem to be doing fine on money. Join the B1G
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

If the NFL lost that much viewership the amount Amazon will pay for the Pac 12 is likely not to be worth a bucket of warm spit and no one being able to see our DAWGS

NIL isnt even a direct correlation to how much the university makes from the conference. As long as the school makes enough to have shiny recruiting rooms and pay a HC then you want to prioritize viewership and availability
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Mad_Son said:

NIL isnt even a direct correlation to how much the university makes from the conference. As long as the school makes enough to have shiny recruiting rooms and pay a HC then you want to prioritize viewership and availability
    Sounds like you agree with me

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey did you catch the game?

No but the school cashed a nice check
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Think bigger. You don’t get it. You need as much money as possible going directly to the school to pay staff salaries, supplement other sports and upgrade facilities. Then you turn to the boosters to pay players for their image and likeness. Otherwise you are one of the poors. A shitty tv deal leaves Jen with her hand out asking boosters to pay for all that stuff.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Still sucks less than joining the B1G

Amazon should launch a TV channel. They probably will. Need a prime membership to access it. Then what?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PAC-12 on Amazon.

And the nation laughs.

If we think the rest of the country is clueless about college football out west now, just wait until this happens. Fans in the west won’t even give a shit.

Besides the new order being an easier path to the new playoff system, I’m not seeing why UW shouldn’t do everything it can to go B1G.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

PAC-12 on Amazon.

And the nation laughs.

If we think the rest of the country is clueless about college football out west now, just wait until this happens. Fans in the west won’t even give a shit.

Besides the new order being an easier path to the new playoff system, I’m not seeing why UW shouldn’t do everything it can to go B1G.

They already laugh at the Pac-12, who gives a shit?

Take the Amazon money AND fucking win a big game for once. None of us should give a shit about viewership....Fox thinks truck racing is more important

all the bigtime games will still be on fox or abc anyways

bunch of midwest loser dick suckers should root for fucking Minnesota
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

The recruits care about visibility

And their parents who won't fly

In early cable days Prime Sports televised all the USC and Ucla games that weren't on the networks live. It kept California kids home

Now every game is televised and only the Pac 12 is fucking stupid enough to already have fucked up once. Let's not do twice

USC and Ucla bailed for more than money
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

In early cable days Prime Sports televised all the USC and Ucla games that weren't on the networks live. It kept California kids home

Now every game is televised and only the Pac 12 is fucking stupid enough to already have fucked up once. Let's not do twice

Only Utah, WSU, and Beavlet still wants to be in the FudgePac 12.
  • Options
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

PAC-12 on Amazon.

And the nation laughs.

They already laugh at the Pac-12, who gives a shit?

Take the Amazon money AND fucking win a big game for once. None of us should give a shit about viewership....Fox thinks truck racing is more important

all the bigtime games will still be on fox or abc anyways

bunch of midwest loser dick suckers should root for fucking Minnesota
    This is fucking retarded and why the Pac sucks

Stay here with your coogs and beavs

UW should go with the real football
    I thought UW should LEAVE because they weren't going to get money.

Now, UW could get the money, but the viewership might dip for Colorado at Oregon State...

Looks like the goalposts are moving for the Midwest dick suckers.

Take the money, win the games, and win a fucking big bowl game for the first time in 20 years or DIAFF
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Doogles said:

Only Utah, WSU, and Beavlet still wants to be in the FudgePac 12.
    And PGOS