Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW’s Path to Pac12 Championship

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    https://pac-12.com/football/standings
    Two-Team Tie

If two teams are tied for first place both teams will participate in the championship game and the winner of the head-to-head will be the #1 seed. If there is not a tie for first place, but two teams are tied for second place, the two-team tiebreaker policy will apply and the winner will be the #2 seed and visiting team.

If no game is played between the two tied teams or that game ends in a tie, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied.
    • Win percentage against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the Conference), proceeding through the standings.
    • When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s win percentage against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
    • Win percentage against all common conference opponents.
    • Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (ie, strength of conference schedule).
    • Total number of wins in a 12-game season. The following conditions will apply to the calculation of the total number of wins:
    • Only one win against a team from the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision or lower division will be counted annually.
    • Any games that are exempted from counting against the annual maximum number of football contests per NCAA rules. (current Bylaw 17.10.5.2.1) shall not be included.
    • Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the last weekend of regular-season games.
    • Coin toss

Multiple-Team Ties

In the event of a tie between more than two teams, the following procedures will be used. After one team has an advantage and is “seeded”, all remaining teams in the multiple-team tie-breaker will repeat the multiple-team tie-breaking procedure. If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.
    1. Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not every tied team has played each other, go to step 2.
    2. Win percentage against all common conference opponents (must be common among all teams involved in the tie)
    3. Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding through the standings.
    4. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s win percentage against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
    5. Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (ie, strength of conference schedule)
    6. Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the last weekend of regular-season games.
    7. Coin toss
    Man, they made some convoluted tie breaker rules.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Sounds like the road to the Pac goes through Mara Largo

Trump is a big fan of Scott Huff
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's better with divisions. Head to head is the only tiebreaker you need. Who cares if a lesser division champion is there. It means that the "true #2" was eliminated by one of them.

What we have now is a clusterfuck of decision trees and stupid af rules made by the Pac 12.

Plus everyone must play all the teams in their "division" anyways. So this was just a half assed, watered decision made out of desperation by our commisioner.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    @MikeDamone stop being so sensitive
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam

Oh. Triggered!
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,373 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    You'd think the conference would have this figured out and posted on Twitter so fans know what they're rooting for. As it stands it seems like the conference doesn't even know all the possibilities and are hoping it gets simpler this evening
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

You'd think the conference would have this figured out and posted on Twitter so fans know what they're rooting for. As it stands it seems like the conference doesn't even know all the possibilities and are hoping it gets simpler this evening

I’m thinking it’s pretty straightforward …

Go southern cal, go ducks (erp).

Most importantly, Huskies need to win.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Yeah, after looking at the decision tree of dreck that is the result of UW dropping two road games in a row, FTX U needs to beat UCLA. However if UCLA loses this weekend they might not care and quit on Chip.

UCLA could implode, but Charbonnet is a really good RB and UCLA can put up some points on USC. DTR is having a big season too and has been very efficient. USC is 8th in the PAC 12 in rush defense so hopefully Charbonnet has a big game.

Tough game to predict. I don’t think USC is all that good. Arizona was only down 2 going into the 4th vs USC. Both teams have a lot on the line and hopefully UCLA is fired up after blowing it vs Arizona last week.

Edit: I’m an idiot and just realized we want USC to win. The reality is, the ASU loss fucked us and it’s gonna be tough to sneak in there.

Finishing 11-2 and in the top 10 after a bowl win would be a hell of a season.
    If USC wins, UW has no chance to make the championship game.
    Why?

If USC beats UCLA, UCLA has 3 conference losses and moves behind 10-2 UW

If Oregon beats Utah, then losses to Oregon State, they fall behind UW

Utah and UW would be tied at 2 conference losses, but UW would have the win vs the best common opponent (Oregon)

No one has been able to articulate how it wouldnt be UW vs USC in this scenario
    Once again, I didn’t make it but @TheChart says UW can only get in with a USC loss against UCLA. I thought the same thing but the tie breakers get weird.
    All over the internet UW can only get in if SC is the #1 seed.

Who knows. Don't even care, don't lose to ASU. They were pussies that day compared to what they were Saturday.
    Yeah, I don't feel like this team has earned it, but if they do get into the game, cool. I'm definitely not going to rack my brain with 6795 scenarios though. I'll never root for U of hO against anyone though
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

* Here's how diaper donniehillary can still win....or at least avoid execution for being the worst and most destructive traitor in the history of the US

Fixed. And, you're welcome.

BTW he lost to Brandon (majority and electoral - think about that) and Hillary in popular vote. Hth
    Someone has a sore pussy. You Ok EweDawg?
    Sorry. Sometimes I forget my size. I'll take it slower next time and use lube.
    Calm down turbo. Didn’t realize you were so easily triggered.
    You didn’t? Say the word Trump and Ewa starts melting
    Since (by your definition) being triggered is the opposite of fellating (and swallowing) the worst potus in the history of the United States then I'll gladly accept that. At least a percentage or two of the morons (some weren't stupid just evil) who enabled him to nearly destroy America came to their senses in the mid-terms. And, BTW, please take it to the tug where diaper donnie supporters (and supporters of his ilk) go to pleasure and console (perhaps even corn hole) each other.

Thanks for the shout out.
    Point proven. Holy fuck that was quick.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    So are we out with the USC win?
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
    bigcc said:

Who knows! Tune in next week for the bingo game to determine the tiebreakers.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

No.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    To have a shot, we need the ducks to beat utah and then lose to the beavs. That will set up a 3 way tie which will go way down the tiebreaker list. The fact Oregon didn't play ASU is helpful. It will take a supercomputer to pick the team to compete with SC.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    bigcc said:

Only if we score less then 69 on colorado
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,425 Swaye's Wigwam

To have a shot, we need the ducks to beat utah and then lose to the beavs. That will set up a 3 way tie which will go way down the tiebreaker list. The fact Oregon didn't play ASU is helpful. It will take a supercomputer to pick the team to compete with SC.

No, it's much simpler than that. Your own link from a couple posts ago notes that in a multi-team tiebreaker the tie goes to the team with the best head-to-head results. Where Oregon, Utah, and UW are all 7-2, that tie breaker belongs to UW.

Ducks win today, ducks lose to OSU, and UW beats WSU results in a USC-UW championship game.
    @creepycoug We? Are rooting for the program we #respect up north!

#fighton