Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW’s Path to Pac12 Championship

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought we needed USC to beat UCLA, Oregon to beat Utah, and Oregon State to beat Oregon

how does UW not get in, in that scenario???

Cal also has to beat UCLA
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I thought we needed USC to beat UCLA, Oregon to beat Utah, and Oregon State to beat Oregon

Cal also has to beat UCLA
    Why? UCLA would have 3 conference losses...
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

bigcc said:

haie said:

We can only play USC (replacing Oregon as the #2 seed), the two threads of results we need are both unlikely to happen.

What did the chart get wrong to where we couldn't play Utah? Not being facetious, I'm genuinely curious.

Ugh, I thought it was common knowledge that we need beavlet to win out, UCLA to lose out, and Oregon to beat Utah (and obviously lose to beavlet). The alternate thread is Colorado beats Utah which isn't happening.

So it looked like SC against UW in 1 scenario was all that was possible. Then again it's Twitter.
    It's a rivalry game, anything can happen!
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2022

I think this is correct. From what i gather in a tie with Utah the tiebreaker is record vs the highest finishing common p12 opponent. We beat oregon and Utah will lose. Utah beat ASU who we lost to but ASU finished below oregon.

Hope this is correct. Biggest upset would be Beav over oregon.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pac 12 will make sure they get their premiere LA programs in the CCG. "Good luck in the B10 rep the West!"
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I dare someone to parlay UW into championship.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

TheHB said:

Too bad there is no North and South this year. I guess.

That happened because the North embarrassed the South for pretty much the whole Pac 12 era.
    The idea was that in the playoff era, if the conference has any chance at producing a playoff team, they need the highest quality championship game available to boost the ranking.

It avoids one of those weird years where a team loses a few ooc games and then lucks into winning the division with 2 more losses. Then playoff hopeful is playing unranked drek for the title in vegas.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    Should have made division winner the tie breaker
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

Yeah, after looking at the decision tree of dreck that is the result of UW dropping two road games in a row, FTX U needs to beat UCLA. However if UCLA loses this weekend they might not care and quit on Chip.

UCLA could implode, but Charbonnet is a really good RB and UCLA can put up some points on USC. DTR is having a big season too and has been very efficient. USC is 8th in the PAC 12 in rush defense so hopefully Charbonnet has a big game.

Tough game to predict. I don’t think USC is all that good. Arizona was only down 2 going into the 4th vs USC. Both teams have a lot on the line and hopefully UCLA is fired up after blowing it vs Arizona last week.

Edit: I’m an idiot and just realized we want USC to win. The reality is, the ASU loss fucked us and it’s gonna be tough to sneak in there.

Finishing 11-2 and in the top 10 after a bowl win would be a hell of a season.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club

haie said:

Yeah, after looking at the decision tree of dreck that is the result of UW dropping two road games in a row, FTX U needs to beat UCLA. However if UCLA loses this weekend they might not care and quit on Chip.

UCLA could implode, but Charbonnet is a really good RB and UCLA can put up some points on USC. DTR is having a big season too and has been very efficient. USC is 8th in the PAC 12 in rush defense so hopefully Charbonnet has a big game.

Tough game to predict. I don’t think USC is all that good. Arizona was only down 2 going into the 4th vs USC. Both teams have a lot on the line and hopefully UCLA is fired up after blowing it vs Arizona last week.

Edit: I’m an idiot and just realized we want USC to win. The reality is, the ASU loss fucked us and it’s gonna be tough to sneak in there.

If USC wins, UW has no chance to make the championship game.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club

haie said:

But they will still respect us
    Let’s ask @creepycoug
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

USC has a bad defense, and they're missing their best RB. I can see UCLA getting the upset and giving us a chance.

Also, if Cook broke Nix, Ute should win, and that puts us in a path where all 5 teams have 2 losses going into the final weekend
  • Options
    edited November 2022

* Here's how diaper donniehillary can still win....or at least avoid execution for being the worst and most destructive traitor in the history of the US

Fixed. And, you're welcome.

BTW he lost to Brandon (majority and electoral - think about that) and Hillary in popular vote. Hth
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

haie said:

Why?

If USC beats UCLA, UCLA has 3 conference losses and moves behind 10-2 UW

If Oregon beats Utah, then losses to Oregon State, they fall behind UW

Utah and UW would be tied at 2 conference losses, but UW would have the win vs the best common opponent (Oregon)

No one has been able to articulate how it wouldnt be UW vs USC in this scenario
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

* Here's how diaper donniehillary can still win....or at least avoid execution for being the worst and most destructive traitor in the history of the US

BTW he lost to Brandon (majority and electoral - think about that) and Hillary in popular vote. Hth
    So, you’re saying Clinton’s still got a shot?
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

So, you’re saying Clinton’s still got a shot?
    If she wanted to take it (SHE AIN'T diaper donnie level stupid) she would do better than the shitstain, formerly known as 45, would.
  • Options

Aye, aye, captain.