Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW’s Path to Pac12 Championship

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The other possibility is us? playing USC.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If USC wins, no champ game but maybe sliding into NY6 depending on how other teams fall in CFP rankings

If USC loses, Oregon needs to lose to either Ute or OSU for us to get in to play Ute
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I can conclusively say that Washington needs to win out to make the pac 12 championship game.

@TheChart is likely wrong, but according to the chart that isn't true.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So ignoring some of the extremely unlikely scenarios where teams get upset by scrubs:

UCLA needs to beat USC no matter what
    Oregon needs to lose either game (can't win out)
    UW needs to win out

At that point its (in all likelihood) going to be either USC or Utah (no situation we play anyone else)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.... Go bruins I guess, probably worth watching the 1.5 spread usc/ucla game live, and recording the 31.5 spread uw/colorado game to watch later or watch highlights or whatever the fuck
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

I can conclusively say that Washington needs to win out to make the pac 12 championship game.

@TheChart is likely wrong, but according to the chart that isn't true.
    Would require numerous other losses including Colorado over Utah, not worth giving it much thought,
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

So ignoring some of the extremely unlikely scenarios where teams get upset by scrubs:

UW needs to win out

At that point its (in all likelihood) going to be either USC or Utah (no situation we play anyone else)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.... Go bruins I guess, probably worth watching the 1.5 spread usc/ucla game live, and recording the 31.5 spread uw/colorado game to watch later or watch highlights or whatever the fuck

If you toss out the possibility of Colorado beating Utah, then the only team UW would play is Utah. And yeah, it can only happen with UCLA beating USC, UW winning out and Oregon losing a game.
    Good thing it sounds like Bo Nix is out vs. Utah.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We can only play USC (replacing Oregon as the #2 seed), the two threads of results we need are both unlikely to happen.
  • Options

bigcc said:

UW needs to win out

If you toss out the possibility of Colorado beating Utah, then the only team UW would play is Utah. And yeah, it can only happen with UCLA beating USC, UW winning out and Oregon losing a game.
    With Nix's injury status up in the air, playing utah and then on the road at OSU is a tough draw, I'd honestly be surprised if they don't lose one.

Not sure what to think about ucla/usc though, I'm leaning towards usc winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if ucla slides through.

Fucking arizona, shouldn't have to have our fate in other people's hands this year.
  • Options
    haie said:

We can only play USC (replacing Oregon as the #2 seed), the two threads of results we need are both unlikely to happen.

What did the chart get wrong to where we couldn't play Utah? Not being facetious, I'm genuinely curious.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

haie said:

What did the chart get wrong to where we couldn't play Utah? Not being facetious, I'm genuinely curious.

Ugh, I thought it was common knowledge that we need beavlet to win out, UCLA to lose out, and Oregon to beat Utah (and obviously lose to beavlet). The alternate thread is Colorado beats Utah which isn't happening.

So it looked like SC against UW in 1 scenario was all that was possible. Then again it's Twitter.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    haie said:

bigcc said:

haie said:

Ugh, I thought it was common knowledge that we need beavlet to win out, UCLA to lose out, and Oregon to beat Utah (and obviously lose to beavlet). The alternate thread is Colorado beats Utah which isn't happening.

So it looked like SC against UW in 1 scenario was all that was possible. Then again it's Twitter.
    I don't see Cal beating UCLA
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,411
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

bigcc said:

haie said:

I don't see Cal beating UCLA
    @GrandpaSankey
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Yeah, after looking at the decision tree of dreck that is the result of UW dropping two road games in a row, FTX U needs to beat UCLA. However if UCLA loses this weekend they might not care and quit on Chip.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad there is no North and South this year. I guess.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I thought we needed USC to beat UCLA, Oregon to beat Utah, and Oregon State to beat Oregon

how does UW not get in, in that scenario???